The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of great episodes but season 1 episode 1 and the season 2 finale are the best. It's extremely rare nowadays to be legit surprised by the entertainment industry in a genuinely awesome way and The Mandalorian has managed to do it twice. The shock and awe of Grogu's introduction and later the return of the real Luke Skywalker were nothing short of magical.

Going to keep discussing Bobo ep5 here, since there is to much justified clowning going on in Bobo's thread, and the ep. had absolutely nothing to do with Bobo anyway, yet deserves some legit discussion.
It was a full set up Mando S3 ep0:

5f1u1r.gif

MC07vHF.jpg

If anyone is worried about having missed or not into unscrambeling the cartoons.
Episode 5 of Book of Boba Fett : Return of the Mandalorian
gets well into re-framing much of the necessary exposition (and some stunning visuals maybe the first in live action of Mandalor) flashbacks to the past history and fate of Mandalor, the Mandalorian purge and so called "Night of a thousand tears", the history and details of the scattering of the clans, Clan Vizla the Darksaber, Bo Katan's relation and interest (justified or not) to it all, probably all the details you will need going forward are in that one ep. . And hints of Mandos' possible quest going forward.

vlcsnap-2022-01-26-12h32m14s003-jpg.558642

vlcsnap-2022-01-26-12h32m03s773-jpg.558643
Another huge hint, that can't be missed.....
The Armorer name drop reference the suposedly extinct Mythosaur.
Somebody is riding that beast by the end....and it won't be in the Bobo show. It will be in the Mando's!

And despite being exiled from his Mando tribe...
The Armorer also informed him of the means to earn his status back
Which will serve as yet another quest for him.
And speculation I'm just going to guess, what also lives and he awakes in those "living waters beneath the mines of Mandalor" , might be The Mighty Mythosaur
:cwink:

Just a guess.

This^ is fantastic I'm reposting it here as it's pretty much lost in the Bobo clowning thread.
And much more significant here, as to the Fate of the Darksaber and
Mandalor.
Would also add about:

~28 Years Ago - Sabine Wren during her time at the Imperial academy, developed the horrible abomination known as The Arc Pulse Generator a Superweapon cruelly code named "the Dutches" specifically drawn to target Beskar, and anyone wearing it, thus disintegrating them within their own Armor, while preserving the actual Beskar. Creating a weapon designed to turn their greatest asset (their Armor) against them, making it their greatest weakens. Which the Empire then used against Mandalor, to help wipe out her own people, and help enslave them.
63j168.gif

63j4yz.gif

Which is significant as things progress, not just Bo, but Sabine is another contender for the Darksaber whose "weight" appears to be influenced by ones own conscious.

Last edited:
Yeah, hard to choose. It's a tight call between 1, 3 and 9. :panic:
I hate questions like this.
It's easier to pick my least favorite, tho even that is hard after re-watching there's things I really like about every Mando episode.

Guess Season 1, episode 3 would be up there. Season 2, episode 1.
And Season 3, episode 1a :monkey3 because my head exploded with joy.😁

I hate questions like this.
It's easier to pick my least favorite, tho even that is hard after re-watching there's things I really like about every Mando episode.

Guess Season 1, episode 3 would be up there. Season 2, episode 1.
And Season 3, episode 1a :monkey3 because my head exploded with joy.😁
16 solid episodes to be honest. 😎

16 solid episodes to be honest. 😎
Yeah, I rewatched over the weekend; was struck at how "rich" this series is - not sure how to put that. Environments and cool details like the graffiti - which I think was SW's first graffiti. The Ahsoka episode had that street with the sellers and the quick shot of the lothcat. The "underworld" with the train going overhead in the most recent episode.

Interesting kick-ass fights too. Plus some spectacular visuals. Luv the latest little droid. Plus Mando himself is a badass but a good guy. Just hope it keeps up through the series🙏

Yeah, I rewatched over the weekend; was struck at how "rich" this series is - not sure how to put that. Environments and cool details like the graffiti - which I think was SW's first graffiti. The Ahsoka episode had that street with the sellers and the quick shot of the lothcat. The "underworld" with the train going overhead in the most recent episode.

Interesting kick-ass fights too. Plus some spectacular visuals. Luv the latest little droid. Plus Mando himself is a badass but a good guy. Just hope it keeps up through the series🙏
Visually it's brilliant. So much attention to detail.

Visually it's brilliant. So much attention to detail.
Maybe Filoni's influence. I've been impressed by the world building and imagination in the environments of Rebels and Clone Wars - so many different worlds. Lothal became a favorite of mine.

Maybe Filoni's influence. I've been impressed by the world building and imagination in the environments of Rebels and Clone Wars - so many different worlds. Lothal became a favorite of mine.
World building is a key ingredient to making Star Wars content successful IMO. One of the (many) reasons BoBF hasn't worked out.

63nukf.jpg

Wow they did it.
The Lone wolf and Cub choice.

Although if I were FavRoni, i'd have Grogu put the two together and choose both! .
:cwink:

And Luke allowing it.

Luke's "Instinct" which Ahsoka presumably recognizes, was never following Jedi dogma, but choosing his own path, never giving up on the connection to his loved ones, friends, sister, father, and saved his father by allowing him that choice again, and letting him reconnect with what he loved. And by that, brought about the Return of the Jedi, his way.
That's the Luke coming out of ROTJ.

Although Disney's future Luke is a complete failure, who instead followed and was a slave to Jedi Dogma, and books, and who betrayed all his own learned experience and instinct,
So who knows where they are going.

That said, episode was fantastic, a cavalcade of awesome pulling from all over, and combining it wonderfully.
:yay:

Last edited:
After watching the episodes of this week and last, I really have a hard time connecting them to the 4 previous episodes. Last week was just a good old Mandalorian episode and besides the shot of Boba and his Power Rangers around Zordon the holotable, this week's episode basically was a Mando episode as well.

It's as if somehow it's a whole different show, better excecuted, better production values, better everything. I love it, but it feels so disconnected from the first four Chapters. I can only hope next week will be good, seeing that Robert Rodriguez is probably the director. I can only hope it'll be akin The Tragedy, because I really liked that episode.

Though I have a feeling there has to happen too much in just one episode now, to come to a somewhat satisfying ending. And seeing D+'s track record with the final episodes of their Marvel shows, I can only hope this one will be good...

I see the last week and this weeks episodes as Disney saying “ Don’t forget about S3 of Mando and btw …remember Asoka the series is coming as well..so don’t give up on D+ “

After watching the episodes of this week and last, I really have a hard time connecting them to the 4 previous episodes. Last week was just a good old Mandalorian episode and besides the shot of Boba and his Power Rangers around Zordon the holotable, this week's episode basically was a Mando episode as well.

It's as if somehow it's a whole different show, better excecuted, better production values, better everything. I love it, but it feels so disconnected from the first four Chapters. I can only hope next week will be good, seeing that Robert Rodriguez is probably the director. I can only hope it'll be akin The Tragedy, because I really liked that episode.

Though I have a feeling there has to happen too much in just one episode now, to come to a somewhat satisfying ending. And seeing D+'s track record with the final episodes of their Marvel shows, I can only hope this one will be good...
I'm hoping the finale is more of a collaborative effort on the part of Favreau/Filoni/Rodriguez in terms of the overall aesthetic and direction - like RR got the director's credit due to his portion being the longest timewise, but if that's the battle sequences it could still work out OK. So yes, I'm totally setting myself up for disappointment! :lol

They could’ve easily saved these two episodes for Mando S3 and it wouldn’t matter but I think they panicked with the flow of BOBF.

I guess not all SW D+ series can bring it like the MCU D+ franchise

He wont be ALLOWED to choose both.
And that was exactly the problem with the original Jedi order.
Who Luke never blindly followed or adhered to.'
He always chose his connection to his friends, sister, and father, and followed his own path. He was even chastised for it by the older Jedi.
Despite his training, still ran to his friends when they needed him
And never gave up on his father (who they wanted him to kill)
Lukes never surrendered that connection, and that action (and Vader seeing it) brought about the Return of the Jedi.
That is Luke!

While it's right, that Luke should give Grogu the choice, but not one or the other.
The choice should be both if he wants, and by Luke's own history and learned experience he would recognize and allow both.

But who knows, Disney's future has a completley different take on Luke that betrays everything the character learned and was, , where he becomes a weak willed coward (hiding from his friends) and slave to old Jedi dogma , rules, and books, that he never followed.
Disney's Luke is a different character There is no hope for that character.

I really hope that is not what Favreau and Feloni are also putting out there for him.

Last edited:
Do you think Ahsoka knows all about Luke. Meaning she knew he was Anakin’s son? She was awfully calm and peaceful with him, after Vader, I thought she doesn’t trust anyone anymore

I see the last week and this weeks episodes as Disney saying “ Don’t forget about S3 of Mando and btw …remember Asoka the series is coming as well..so don’t give up on D+ “
So, is the Force ghost of Obi-Wan gonna show up for the big finale? Figure everyone else will be there.:p

Do you think Ahsoka knows all about Luke. Meaning she knew he was Anakin’s son? She was awfully calm and peaceful with him, after Vader, I thought she doesn’t trust anyone anymore.

Yes.

Back