The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is confusing?? I just joined the conversation but it seems some dont want to accept the ST.

Your opinion is not confusing at all. You say "Sequel trilogy is canon. It is and always will be. Accept it. Get over it."

No problem.

Khev however was so all over the map I don't even know what he was saying. "It's canon but it's not if you don't want it to be but it IS cause it's printed on the box but I can ignore the books but I can't ignore the movies." I like Khev but man...he lost me the last few pages.

gallery_2760_18_51562.jpg

So I came into this thread late (because I was trying to avoid as much spoilers as I can, and only got to watch Season 1 and 2 over last week), but is this why people are bringing up the multiverse theory?

well, people bring up a lot of crap cause of some idiot in a plastic helmet on youtube that just makes **** up and has never been right about anything, but he says what people want to believe, so somehow he's considered a "source."

He's not. He's just pulling stuff out of his ass to get more clicks. I already hated his dumb shtick with the helmet and voice, but after the constant lying about "exclusive insider information" I finally decided to never watch his videos again. I see in his latest he claims that footage exists of Han, Leia, and Luke together, and they're gonna build a new Sequel Trilogy out of yea.

Yeah. My ass they are.

well, people bring up a lot of crap cause of some idiot in a plastic helmet on youtube that just makes **** up and has never been right about anything, but he says what people want to believe, so somehow he's considered a "source."

He's not. He's just pulling stuff out of his ass to get more clicks. I already hated his dumb shtick with the helmet and voice, but after the constant lying about "exclusive insider information" I finally decided to never watch his videos again. I see in his latest he claims that footage exists of Han, Leia, and Luke together, and they're gonna build a new Sequel Trilogy out of yea.

Yeah. My ass they are.

Yeah.. It seems like some of these people here who follow him would realize what Click Bait is...

Actually I know they do because they have talked about it before.. Guess they dont notice it when its something they hope for / agree with.

All this is so silly.

The story that we got it the story.

There will never be any multiverse to tell an alternate story. The Rebels episode was not trying to tell you there was a multiverse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. My ass they are.

Take the slander against Doomcock back. He is a true prophet, worthy of our views.

ALL HAIL DOOMCOCK

Selling my pod & the child from the deluxe beskar set if anyone?s interested.
In the uk.

All this is so silly.

The story that we got it the story.

There will never be any multiverse to tell an alternate story. The Rebels episode was not trying to tell you there was a multiverse.

It doesn't matter what Filoni was "trying" to do with that episode; all that matters is the end result. The end result is that he brought time travel into Star Wars. And the way he did it has unintended consequences.

The way he used the "World Between Worlds" means that either there's already a multiverse established, or he defined the Star Wars reality as one where every event has been predetermined and there's no such thing as actual free will for any of these characters. That's the "pick your poison" scenario we're left with.

I can understand some fans saying, "it happened in a cartoon, so it doesn't count." But the Ahsoka in live action only exists there because of that cartoon, and via that time travel plot. Plus, it's a safe bet that the WBW will be used in live action too (during the Ahsoka series). As fans, we can bury our heads in the sand when it comes to how Filoni *already* changed Star Wars irrevocably, but it'll never mean that the changes are any less real.

I want to see that STW guy take his 3 minutes convincing video into that Terminator movie thread his head would explode like a mannequin in a Cronenberg film

I don't think they should build from that. Rather I'd rather see stories from before the PT or things going in parallel to the OT or just after the OT (like what Mando is doing). The galaxy is large. They don't have to stick to the same characters from the ST.

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/01/jon-favreau-mandalorian-luke-skywalker-cameo-not-planned-1234612346/
According to Favreau?s answer, the inclusion of Luke Skywalker in ?The Mandalorian? might not have been considered until after the show?s writers decided upon a storyline that saw Grogu being placed upon a seeing stone and reaching out to an unknown Jedi. After that sequence aired, many ?Mandalorian? fans began speculating what Jedi might show up to save Grogu from Moff Gideon. Theories ranged from Ashoka (who appeared earlier in Season 2, played by Rosario Dawson) to Luke Skywalker. Instead of planning for Luke?s return and orchestrating the storyline to build to that moment, Favreau and his team wrote the story and brought in Luke when he became available to use given the timeline of events.

?We have a tremendous amount of freedom afforded to us because of the gap in time between the films,? Favreau added when asked if he feels ?penned in narratively? because ?The Mandalorian? is set between George Lucas? original trilogy and Disney?s sequel trilogy. ?Dave Filoni and I are in constant discussion regarding how each story choice is impacted by, and would impact, existing ?Star Wars? material.?

*Sourly* well, that's that then. Personally think the Dawson episode was the worst written; clunky; and later plopping a child to beam out his existence to the universe - when there are still Darksiders roaming around - was a huge hole. It's a wonder Palps didn't pop up from behind a rock....:pfft:

So guess there will be more ominous pickle jars and more CGI Luke and Ahsoka on board for the big obligatory end battle. E.g., predictable stuff is gonna happen - which a lot of folks like, but I don't. The Child will be a lot less interesting, for me, as a Yoda v2.

I'll still watch, but cancelled the Sideshow statue; and re collecting concentrate on backgrounds and stuff like Tusken Raiders.

It doesn't matter what Filoni was "trying" to do with that episode; all that matters is the end result. The end result is that he brought time travel into Star Wars. And the way he did it has unintended consequences.

The way he used the "World Between Worlds" means that either there's already a multiverse established, or he defined the Star Wars reality as one where every event has been predetermined and there's no such thing as actual free will for any of these characters. That's the "pick your poison" scenario we're left with.

I can understand some fans saying, "it happened in a cartoon, so it doesn't count." But the Ahsoka in live action only exists there because of that cartoon, and via that time travel plot. Plus, it's a safe bet that the WBW will be used in live action too (during the Ahsoka series). As fans, we can bury our heads in the sand when it comes to how Filoni *already* changed Star Wars irrevocably, but it'll never mean that the changes are any less real.

Since the Saga of Star Wars isn't based on time travel the way Terminator or BTTF is I'm fine with handwaving the Ahsoka Rebels stuff as just a one-off situation that will have no bearing on the existing canon. It's easier for me since she got moved into the future instead of the past at least. I can just pretend that SW time travel has *very* strict rules and her moving forward in time instead of dying (so nothing was changed for the people around her) is just on a list of very specific scenarios that that universe's "physics" allows.

In my head canon Ezra would *not* have been able to save Kanan because that would have resulted in too much "undoing." And that's assuming I keep Rebels in my canon and don't just discard it entirely.

:lol

''I'm still collating'' on ajp's last response to me in the Terminator thread. Had to take a break but I will return!

:yess:

Since the Saga of Star Wars isn't based on time travel the way Terminator or BTTF is I'm fine with handwaving the Ahsoka Rebels stuff as just a one-off situation that will have no bearing on the existing canon. It's easier for me since she got moved into the future instead of the past at least. I can just pretend that SW time travel has *very* strict rules and her moving forward in time instead of dying (so nothing was changed for the people around her) is just on a list of very specific scenarios that that universe's "physics" allows.

Ahsoka didn't travel back in time, but Ezra *did.* Same consequences. The only way that Filoni could've made this work without the mess he made would've been to have Ahsoka be the only one who could access and utilize time portals. But by having Ahsoka interact with the Ezra from *three years* into the future, that event defined the rules for the entire universe that Star Wars exists in. That's kind of a big deal, imo. :lol

When Ahsoka goes back to the moments after Vader had left the Sith temple, she goes back knowing exactly what Ezra will look and sound like three years from now. That means that not only can he not die during that time (otherwise her existence and memories become paradoxical), or have any new scars/blemishes, but *everything* must play out the same exact way in order to manifest the identical result. Not only must he arrive at that same point in stormtrooper gear and make the same exact decisions, but even one hair on his head being out of place would constitute an alternate reality.

If you want to handwave it away, you're doing so with a set of circumstances that limits the entire SW reality we've seen into either being a deterministic one, or a multiverse. No matter what, that event established rules which govern that reality.

In my head canon Ezra would *not* have been able to save Kanan because that would have resulted in too much "undoing." And that's assuming I keep Rebels in my canon and don't just discard it entirely.

Doesn't matter about Kanan. Ezra influenced past events. That's all it takes. JAWS has said it best: time travel and multiverses should never have been brought into Star Wars. People have been casually tossing around the phrase "ruined Star Wars" over the last few years. From my perspective, time travel as portrayed with the WBW is what can accomplish that more effectively than almost anything else you can do with it. And every time I see live-action Ahsoka, I'm reminded of this ill-conceived plot device. And more of it to come, I'm fairly certain.

Yes yes , I agree with you on all those points.

The silly part is disgruntled fans thinking this would be used to erase part of the storyline already finished. This will never happen, no redo for the ST, no eliminating that as the official trilogy.....just not going to happen.

Disney in no way will erase the work they did. Now, could I see a character use the ?ways? as a method to bring two characters together from different timelines? Sure!!! but even that is far fetched as it would confuse things to the tenth degree for most fans.

The requirements to use the ?ways? seems very convoluted and difficult. Even Palpatine couldn?t enter , he had to try to influence it from afar.

It was a one and done , just to give Ahsoka a way out of the fight with Vader. After all, there should have been no way for her to escape alive in that fight. That?s all it was , a plot device to free Ashoka.

And a funny idea for the Lego xxmas special.

Yes yes , I agree with you on all those points.

The silly part is disgruntled fans thinking this would be used to erase part of the storyline already finished. This will never happen, no redo for the ST, no eliminating that as the official trilogy.....just not going to happen.

Disney in no way will erase the work they did. Now, could I see a character use the ?ways? as a method to bring two characters together from different timelines? Sure!!! but even that is far fetched as it would confuse things to the tenth degree for most fans.

The requirements to use the ?ways? seems very convoluted and difficult. Even Palpatine couldn?t enter , he had to try to influence it from afar.

It was a one and done , just to give Ahsoka a way out of the fight with Vader. After all, there should have been no way for her to escape alive in that fight. That?s all it was , a plot device to free Ashoka.

And a funny idea for the Lego xxmas special.

Never say "never." :lol

I understand where you're coming from, and I get why you're not bothered by any of it.

Time will tell if it was indeed a one-and-done scenario. The Ahsoka limited series might be about finding Ezra and/or Thrawn; and the fact that the World Between Worlds seems to be in the show's logo leads me to believe it will be used again for at least that purpose. We will see.

If it was a one-shot deal, maybe I'll remain the only fan to be seriously bothered by it. The vast majority will never give it a second thought. Either way, I think these sorts of things should be thought through more carefully in the writing process.

That's pretty cool that they didn't set out to shoehorn Luke into the show and just had him appear only because it made the most sense for him to be the one to answer Grogu's call.

Well, yeah. If u are stuck in the rut of the SKYWALKERS:banghead

Sorry Khev:peace I know many are long term fans, Jaws has made some good points about the way Luke was portrayed; but I was messing around with my Mando v1 today and am just bummed the direction this show seems to be going.

I was really enthralled with this show. It's like TFA all over again - kicks off with some original characters, and things go south before anyone considers (apparently) - as some critic wrote - a failure to trust in your NEW characters.

And I don't KNOW what the end result will be; but for me, for one thing, by fast-forwarding Grogu - well, in theory, the Child is gone:monkey2. No matter how Grogu returns, in theory, he'll be "trained" and that's a lot different dynamic - and a lot less fun. Like Baby Groot is a lot more fun than sullen teen Groot.

Plus, yah know, I always thought at the last of this show, THAT was when Luke should have made an appearance. IMO that would have been a thrill, some big battle and Luke shows up. Maybe. Now figure it's pretty well guaranteed 95% Luke will make an appearance, along with Ahsoka. Not a fan of the CGI look - but also, KNOWING it's gonna happen (probably) spoils the thrill, for me.:monkey2 And I would have liked to have seen what Sebastian Stan did in the role - partly because I don't think the de-aging tech is there yet.

But there's a lot of happy fans, and it's Favreau and Filoni's show - so, so....well - well, not much I can do about it. :crying

Time will tell if it was indeed a one-and-done scenario. The Ahsoka limited series might be about finding Ezra and/or Thrawn; and the fact that the World Between Worlds seems to be in the show's logo leads me to believe it will be used again for at least that purpose. We will see.

If it was a one-shot deal, maybe I'll remain the only fan to be seriously bothered by it. The vast majority will never give it a second thought. Either way, I think these sorts of things should be thought through more carefully in the writing process.

Personally what I indifferently put up with in an animated series/cartoon - and I like Rebels a lot - is way different than live action. Time travel, ESP, alternate worlds, "having visions" etc. to me means "we wrote ourselves into a corner and can't come up with anything better to move things along".

Geez if u are going to reboot, just reboot. And Ahsoka surviving Vader was plot service.

partly because I don't think the de-aging tech is there yet.

I agree the de-aging tech isn't there yet, but I do think it has improved substantially as well. Word is that the CGI Luke here was a rush job done by a small team due to all the secrecy needed and the Covid-19 restrictions. I'm pretty sure they could have done a much better job if they had the normal manpower they would have without those constraints

That said, I would like Sebastian take that role though. I think Mark Hamill was open to Sebastian taking the role? When he was about to take off that cloak I was almost anticipating to see Sebastian's face. :D

Back