The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars live action series-Jon Favreau's THE MANDALORIAN

StarWars.com revealed the photo along with a list of directors for the show. They include Star Wars alum Dave Filoni, who’ll direct the first episode, as well as Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Jurassic World), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

What no Shane Black?

lol

No Rian Johnson. :gah:

Wait who directed Venom :lol

No mysterious Venom director! :gah:

Dave Filoni directing live action? Long rumor I was hoping would prove true......I am very curios.

Remember when live action SW on tv meant instant crap lol

Sometimes we get so caught up on TLJ hate discussions that we tend to forget that live action Star Wars on TV was absolute garbage as in 100x worse than even crappy AOTC!!!

Yes the name SW was attached to garbage before Kennedy and while under Lucas.

That’s right G A R B A G E under Lucas lol

Last edited:

I just want to know how much watching this is doing to cost me a month.

Josh Trank is slated for the 5th episode.

image-6.png

I guess I'll be the wet blanket.

I like the look of the armor but if that's some new character and not Fett then it's a thumbs down from me. I've never liked the idea of multiple Mandalorians running around with his signature armor that was designed from the ground up for him alone. It's just lazy, uninspired, and further dilutes the character IMO. When ESB came out he was the last survivor of an elite "supercommando" force and they should have always left it at that.

I don't need kids and/or collectors referring to Fett as if he's just another specialty "Predator."

"Did you see the new City Hunter Mandalorian? Desert Mandalorian? Fugitive? Or their respective dads?"

Lame. Imagine if it turned out that Vader's armor was some off the shelf uniform that they started giving to multiple characters. Yes it looks cool. Yes Jango looked cool and so does this new guy. Because Fett looked cool. The disrespect and exploitation of his character since 1983 continues.

*Unless* that's actually him. Then I'll joining in on the "hell yeahs" with everyone else.

I guess I'll be the wet blanket.

I like the look of the armor but if that's some new character and not Fett then it's a thumbs down from me. I've never liked the idea of multiple Mandalorians running around with his signature armor that was designed from the ground up for him alone. It's just lazy, uninspired, and further dilutes the character IMO. When ESB came out he was the last survivor of an elite "supercommando" force and they should have always left it at that.

I don't need kids and/or collectors referring to Fett as if he's just another specialty "Predator."

"Did you see the new City Hunter Mandalorian? Desert Mandalorian? Fugitive? Or their respective dads?"

Lame. Imagine if it turned out that Vader's armor was some off the shelf uniform that they started giving to multiple characters. Yes it looks cool. Yes Jango looked cool and so does this new guy. Because Fett looked cool. The disrespect and exploitation of his character since 1983 continues.

*Unless* that's actually him. Then I'll joining in on the "hell yeahs" with everyone else.

I agree. Would've been cooler if they did something that looked like Rohlan Dyre's armor.

I agree. Would've been cooler if they did something that looked like Rohlan Dyre's armor.

Or say he wears something cool not already associated with an iconic character like ROTS Airboone Trooper armor or just design something awesome and new like they did with Enfys Nest.

lol@ Trank

So the only way they can make Fett bad ass again is by creating new characters that look like him? Yes yes I know there are multiple Predators and Aliens but Fett shouldn’t be treated the same.

So what they’re telling us is that Fett was the only dumb ass from his tribe? So his bad ass demeanor in ESB was just over confidence that relied on Vader to do all the hard work?

The real Fett was that bumbling dumb ass from ROTJ? But look over here we have a bad ass group of Mandalorians to show off now!

Stupid Clone Wars cartoons lol

I don’t know have Sergio Leone direct the show and i’ll cheer up.

Is he still alive? lol

Can Arnold play King Conandalorian in this?

The real Fett was that bumbling dumb ass from ROTJ? But look over here we have a bad ass group of Mandalorians to show off now!

I gave Filoni and Favreau's take on Mandalorians a chance in the CW series and thought they were awful. Unless they were forced to make them lame by Lucas I don't have high hopes for this at all.

previzsla.jpg

There was no "tribe of Mandalorian" BS in the OT. In a deleted ESB scene Leia mentions Boba Fett by name even though his name is never spoken by anyone else. Then in ROTJ Chewie tells Han that Boba Fett is behind him and mentions him by name. How was this possible? Because in the OT he was *instantly recognizable by his unique armor.*

If they all look like him then at the Sarlacc Pit Han should have said, "A Mandalorian? A Mandalorian? Where??"

:exactly: :lecture :exactly:

While there were plenty of cowboys, barbarians, cops and archaeologists there was only one “Man with No Name” only one “Conan” only one Mclane and only one “Indy”

I don’t need a tribe of bounty hunters that look like Fett.

So great Fett sucked but Boba Fred kicks ass!

So great Fett sucked but Boba Fred kicks ass!

Exactly! Honestly if this show turns out to be good then I might be even more annoyed, lol. So Boba Fred rides the coattails of Fett but gets all the future badass glory? BS.

(sorry Junkion, lol.)

I hope that TLJ critics who hated RJ for trying something new are happy because now we've got a hundred Boba Fetts running around, lol. "Yikes, they hated our new badass throne room guards and called them 'lobster men.' Quick who is someone that we know the fans *do* like???"

I am soooo calling all new Mandalorians in this show Boba Fred no matter what cool name they give them lol

They just announced another show:

Corellian Smugglers!

Back