The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars live action series produced and written by Jon Favreau

I really loved Chef. I just saw it for the first time a few months ago. It was a lot better than I had expected. Also it made me really hungry... lol

Fantastic film. Love Jon’s movies. And SJ was awesome in that as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: Star Wars live action series produced and written by Jon Favreau

Hearing rumours that none other than Javier Pena and Oberyn Martell himself, Pedro Pascal will be playing the lead in the series!

Re: Star Wars live action series-Jon Favreau's THE MANDALORIAN

and now it's got a name: THE MANDALORIAN

The announcement:

“After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic,” the Iron Man and Jungle Book filmmaker posted.

Favreau will write the script and serve as EP on the series.

So does this mean we can kiss that Boba Fett stand-alone movie goodbye? I do like the idea that it is an all-new character, not another re-has/re-imagining

Last edited:

So does this mean we can kiss that Boba Fett stand-alone movie goodbye?

To add to the title, the official synopsis:

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic

Getting very creative, I see :lol

Still, it's the quality of the story telling that counts so I won't write it off yet.

I don't want a third character wearing Boba Fett's signature armor. Say he survived the Sarlacc, recast him with Karl Urban or Daniel Craig so that he sounds like Jason Wingreen again and make the series about him.

Fett has been dragged thru the mud for how long now?

So instead of raising Fett out of the mud they’ll just give us some Mandalorian I don’t care about.

Might as well just make Rose’s family Mandalorians.

Fett has been dragged thru the mud for how long now?

So instead of raising Fett out of the mud they’ll just give us some Mandalorian I don’t care about.

Yep, exactly.

Might as well just make Rose’s family Mandalorians.

Oh wow your post made me realize that they didn't use any male pronouns when describing this "other warrior" and "lone gunfighter."

That Mandalorian would probably that ex-Death Watch chick in Clone Wars, and along the main cast in Rebels..

..strong independent and deadly woman...hmmmm

Hearing rumours that none other than Javier Pena and Oberyn Martell himself, Pedro Pascal will be playing the lead in the series!

Oh wow your post made me realize that they didn't use any male pronouns when describing this "other warrior" and "lone gunfighter."

But per Johnny Utah's post above......

That Mandalorian would probably that ex-Death Watch chick in Clone Wars, and along the main cast in Rebels..

..strong independent and deadly woman...hmmmm

She'd be too old for the time period they're using. If it is a female lead it'll be a young photogenic one. This is still Hollywood we're talking about.

The announcement:

“After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic,” the Iron Man and Jungle Book filmmaker posted.

Favreau will write the script and serve as EP on the series.

So does this mean we can kiss that Boba Fett stand-alone movie goodbye? I do like the idea that it is an all-new character, not another re-has/re-imagining

Snoopy approves. :lecture

Sounds good to me.

Boba Fett’s mailaway goody legacy remains intact. :dunno

I just hope he looks badass and has traditional Mandalorian armor/helmet.

I just hope he looks badass and has traditional Mandalorian armor/helmet.

Like this?
E0C5EE4E-1E6E-4E53-9AD8-751831AF99F9.jpeg

As a costume to start with, I’m fine with it. I’ll be curious to see how it evolves in the show.

I can almost hear the Ennio whistle but not there yet.

2449CB71-CFFF-42E0-8CB3-DC369EA0E3E3.jpg

Last edited:

StarWars.com revealed the photo along with a list of directors for the show. They include Star Wars alum Dave Filoni, who’ll direct the first episode, as well as Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Jurassic World), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

Back