The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars live action series produced and written by Jon Favreau

the-empire-strikes-back-luke-skywalker-and-yoda.jpg

And it's like I'm supposed to be all happy cause he's wearing a backpack, you know?

Oh boo hoo. Give the Lando movie to Ava DuVernay since her Wrinkle In Time is doing so well. I'm so tired of this inclusion ****e! If they wanted a black director with the same track record as Favreau, they would have hired one. And don't throw Ryan Coogler in the mix. Black Panther is only his third film.

Since when is a track record essential to direct in the new Star Wars era? :lol

They got the ****ing Looper guy to direct VIII, FFS. Lucasfilm is truly the gift the keeps on giving.

How long until he's replaced?

Hope we one day see the Underworld TV series Lucas was planning.

DefiantImpracticalHare-size_restricted.gif

Canceled Star Wars TV Show Was Emperor’s Origin Story

Probably the really small beginnings of this idea, the germination of this — when I was working at Lucas, I was allowed to go up to the ranch and read the scripts for the [canceled live-action Star Wars] TV show. It was the most mind-blowing thing I’d ever experienced. I cared about the Emperor. They made the Emperor a sympathetic figure who was wronged by this ******ing heartless woman. She’s this hardcore gangster, and she just totally destroyed him as a person. I almost cried while reading this. This is the Emperor, the lightning out of the fingers Emperor. That’s something magical. The writers who worked on that, guys from The Shield and 24, these were excellent writers.”

the emperor was a soyboy

It will use cutting edge technology much like that used in his film The Jungle Book
There was absolutely NOTHING cutting edge about that awful TJB remake.

Iron Man was the only good film Favreau directed.
Swingers was the only good film Favreau wrote.
He shold just stick to producing and acting.

There was absolutely NOTHING cutting edge about that awful TJB remake.

Iron Man was the only good film Favreau directed.
Swingers was the only good film Favreau wrote.
He shold just stick to producing and acting.

I'm partial to Elf.:dunno

Jon Favreau confirms that his TV series will take place 7 years after the battle of Endor, between ep6 and ep7. It will use cutting edge technology much like that used in his film The Jungle Book

What does that "cutting edge technology" mean exactly? A CGI version of 1983-1990 era Luke/Han or something (ala Tarkin in RO)?

With so many SW releases stacking up, some of these entry points must be such a headache to figure out all the story/character timelines on.

Although an Emperor origin story would have been interesting, all I really need to do is turn on the news.

HILARIOUS.

Damn dude. You should write for Colbert.

I love all the stinging political commentary I get when I come here to read about plastic dolls and the movies they were spawned from. So fresh. So original.

And so very very BRAVE of you.

What was wrong with IM2?

Just to correct some of the info - he said at the premiere of Solo that it takes place 7 years after the battle of yavin, not endor. So it will be around 3 years after ROTJ. Not that it makes too much of a difference at this point, but yeah.

Star Wars live action series produced and written by Jon Favreau

MADE was an incredibly good movie

As was CHEF

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MADE was an incredibly good movie

As was CHEF

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I really loved Chef. I just saw it for the first time a few months ago. It was a lot better than I had expected. Also it made me really hungry... lol

Getting underway

25FAFE5A-41FF-4E01-A560-57FB94F366DE.jpeg

Looks like Tatooine, or a brand new non-descript planet that just so happens looks very similar to it. Idk what's so damn popular about desert planets.

Back