The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My only question is why would the terminal allow unauthorised personal to complete the facial scan? :lol

Appreciate the script covered that. And Rebels sort of does too; there are terminals - and *other* terminals where you need high level access. This terminal just checked to make sure u weren't marked on ISB list (the segue into that was funny esp. Boba)

IMO this episode was total package. Script, acting, badassery. The only cringe was thinking potentially how much HT could break me $$$$$$:monkey2

I can get more behind an idea like the ObiWan series, limited 4 hour narrative with an ending.

This long form story telling is for the birds.

This was a really great episode, Bill Burr was perfectly cast :clap

I think season two has been very good/fun overall. The format of the show is fine, the problem is that each season only lasts 8 episodes. A show like this should have 13-15 episodes per season.

Holy **** look at the amount new threads in this section about garbage SW and Marvel stuff Disney is planning on producing. I guess Disney only does TV now, and likely bad TV at that. Hope Favreau can insulate his show from all this crap or else wrap it up soon. I really hope The Mandalorian isn't ruined, I'm gonna need it on 4k Blu Ray so I can soon stop watching new shows and movies altogether.

So trooper armor is a free for all now.

Next episode I want to see them go to an armor closet and whip out some phase 1 clone war armor and ST duckies :yess:

My only question is why would the terminal allow unauthorised personal to complete the facial scan? :lol

This isn't the thread to start pullling on. Walk away.

giphy.gif

Rick knocked it out the park AGAIN!

He was responsible for that awesome Jawa episode in S1.

At first some of the Burr dialogue was starting to get Canto Bite preachy BUT ultimately it turned into a much better discussion on freedoms and the machinations of war.

Really enjoyed this episode. My 2nd-favorite of the season so far.

Fun to see characters who are original to this series getting a chance to do their own thing rather than just having Filoni animated characters shoehorned in to set up live-action spinoffs.

A script that actually took a breath every once in a while to add some layering to the story. And also didn't rely on gimmicks, as the callbacks were mostly to prior episodes of the show. Actually stood on the strength of the narrative itself. I was pleasantly surprised and impressed. Well done; more please!

At first some of the Burr dialogue was starting to get Canto Bite preachy BUT ultimately it turned into a much better discussion on freedoms and the machinations of war.

Seemed pretty much on the same level to me. No problem with either. It's just framing macro context with micro characters to add more depth.

I mostly agree with all this. They kinda let some of Bill's personality bleed into his dialog. After the episode it occurred to me that after killing the officer that incited him, Mayfeld randomly killed some imperials who just happened to be sitting near him to facilitate their escape. I don't have a problem with this, but he might have contradicted himself:lol

When I first saw Burr’s character in 15 I thought “Oh, crap, I really hate this character”. Then by the end of the chapter I was loving him. Lol! Just goes to show you what good writing and direction can do.

I mostly agree with all this. They kinda let some of Bill's personality bleed into his dialog. After the episode it occurred to me that after killing the officer that incited him, Mayfeld randomly killed some imperials who just happened to be sitting near him to facilitate their escape. I don't have a problem with this, but he might have contradicted himself:lol

You’re right. He did contradict himself a bit there. Lol!

Yeah it was all silly Burr at first but as it progressed they made him go into darker territory.

Yes I also thought of the hypocrisy of him killing soldiers but it worked for me because it fed into his character growth going from someone who is not only an opportunist but is also just trying to survive by not picking political sides to someone who saw Mando unmask himself against his own code in service of a greater good for grogu survival.

He got disgusted at himself not just at the commander and he said screw it and went for it like Mando had just done.

The real question was why Mando didn’t just take him for the magnificent 7 they are building up towards why abandon someone who just performed so expertly that made no narrative sense to me.

Anyways that group of endless pirates activating their detonators all at once was pure classic flash gordon serial tv escapism loved it.

Tell me it wasn’t weird seeing effective troopers lol

Mando/Bur as troopers were effective.

Calvary troopers were effective.

Also enjoyed Mando being a good fighter without his gear.

Last edited:
Back