The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really enjoyed this episode. My 2nd-favorite of the season so far.

Fun to see characters who are original to this series getting a chance to do their own thing rather than just having Filoni animated characters shoehorned in to set up live-action spinoffs.

A script that actually took a breath every once in a while to add some layering to the story. And also didn't rely on gimmicks, as the callbacks were mostly to prior episodes of the show. Actually stood on the strength of the narrative itself. I was pleasantly surprised and impressed. Well done; more please!

Seemed pretty much on the same level to me. No problem with either. It's just framing macro context with micro characters to add more depth.
:exactly:
*Yeah* for some depth. Was deliriously happy around 4 in the morning.:yess::cool:

Very very impressed with Burr. *Yeah* Din D'jarin effortlessly making the choice with the &^%$ helmet. *Yeah* to 2 beautiful women shoulder to shoulder picking off targets and no big deal about it. *Yeah* to Boba blowing the TIE fighters and that perfect moment of silence. *Yeah* to saying FU to Moff Gideon.

This is the Way.:clap Regret they didn't keep Burr, even if that might've been a trope. But who can say, maybe he will track Gideon after the fact and throw in later.

Last year was so bad between 7 & 8 warned my bro that he HAD to wait to watch 7 until #8, or he'd regret it. Now for me it's the same thing again.:gah::cool:

Holy **** look at the amount new threads in this section about garbage SW and Marvel stuff Disney is planning on producing. I guess Disney only does TV now, and likely bad TV at that. Hope Favreau can insulate his show from all this crap or else wrap it up soon. I really hope The Mandalorian isn't ruined, I'm gonna need it on 4k Blu Ray so I can soon stop watching new shows and movies altogether.

*Shrug*
You'd think the entertainment industry would learn to quit imitating - or trying to imitate - the latest thing. YA movies, superheroes, SW...after Hunger Games all the forgettable teen apocalypse films...

Favreau's been in the game before tho. Went into it with a complete arc. Suspect a lot of these won't make it past idea drafts. No-one needs another mess like Inhumans.:Flush

Holy **** look at the amount new threads in this section about garbage SW and Marvel stuff Disney is planning on producing. I guess Disney only does TV now, and likely bad TV at that. Hope Favreau can insulate his show from all this crap or else wrap it up soon. I really hope The Mandalorian isn't ruined, I'm gonna need it on 4k Blu Ray so I can soon stop watching new shows and movies altogether.

Dang it you?re hard to please. And you already know you?re gonna hate all the new stuff. For the life of me I don?t get why you didn?t already stop watching [emoji28]

:exactly:
*Yeah* for some depth. Was deliriously happy around 4 in the morning.:yess::cool:

Very very impressed with Burr. *Yeah* Din D'jarin effortlessly making the choice with the &^%$ helmet. *Yeah* to 2 beautiful women shoulder to shoulder picking off targets and no big deal about it. *Yeah* to Boba blowing the TIE fighters and that perfect moment of silence. *Yeah* to saying FU to Moff Gideon.

This is the Way.:clap Regret they didn't keep Burr, even if that might've been a trope. But who can say, maybe he will track Gideon after the fact and throw in later.

Last year was so bad between 7 & 8 warned my bro that he HAD to wait to watch 7 until #8, or he'd regret it. Now for me it's the same thing again.:gah::cool

I greatly enjoyed Burr in this chapter and wouldn't mind more of his character, but i'm in favor of how it ended and would actually prefer he not become another member of the Mandovengers.

The guy earned his freedom. Mando listened to him talk about what he lost and had to live through, so asking him to join another quest where he's putting his life on the line for other people's causes would've been a bit disconnected and too cliched, imo. The less cliche the better, especially with someone like Bill Burr. :lol

Glad you're riding high again with the show. Here's to a season finale that builds on the momentum. :duff

I greatly enjoyed Burr in this chapter and wouldn't mind more of his character, but i'm in favor of how it ended and would actually prefer he not become another member of the Mandovengers.

The guy earned his freedom. Mando listened to him talk about what he lost and had to live through, so asking him to join another quest where he's putting his life on the line for other people's causes would've been a bit disconnected and too cliched, imo. The less cliche the better, especially with someone like Bill Burr. :lol

Glad you're riding high again with show. Here's to a season finale that builds on the momentum. :duff

Me too:duff! I had started re-watching Season 1 just to see why I was so obsessed the first place - needed to re-group...

Agree re Burr; it was a nice sidestep of *expectations*. If he'd stayed, it might have been OK - but a bit cloying. He is who he is, and what he's done, since leaving the Empire. This way, IF he does show up again, I can infer that he spent some time thinking about it all. Makes more sense, IMO.

Have full confidence in the last episode, just based on Season 1 #1. It began amazing and will end amazing. Don't think Favreau - and Filoni and the entire crew working on this show - would settle for less.

Nice to know I already own a Mando in trooper gear :yess:

017A3255-2DF6-4C93-AF78-C4063BF92292.jpeg

Good episode.
+ Bill Burr had great development
+ Enjoyed seeing the Empire cheering on our protagonists. It was nice to see storm-troopers humanized, and appreciating something amazing.
+ Bill Burr actually shooting that officer seemed very right. I was waiting for the situation to deescalate, but Bill Burr escalated it perfectly.

- Problem with the aerial combat so far is it is in season two generally very short, and the protagonist takes little to no damage. Every-time we see a tie fighter, it seems to have zero threat potential now.
-Aren't Thermal detonators hard to find and quite powerful? Why did those bandits have dozens of them?

Not many negatives, arguably one of the best episodes this season.

Easily my fav episode of the entire series.

Loved the Indy Style action with the truck chase

Loved the talk over drinks with the imperial officer.

Loved Bill Burr in this episode.

Fett's clothing attire looked better and less... Bulky

Loved every Slave one moment.

Easily my fav episode of the entire series.

Loved the Indy Style action with the truck chase

Loved the talk over drinks with the imperial officer.

Loved Bill Burr in this episode.

Fett's clothing attire looked better and less... Bulky

Loved every Slave one moment.

Also Mad Max like and yes Indy great stuff.

Yeah it was all silly Burr at first but as it progressed they made him go into darker territory.

I was worried that he was going to be back... But Burr does Angry very well and that moment with the imperial officer was perfect.

Tell me it wasn?t weird seeing effective troopers lol

My son said the exact same thing.

Mando/Bur as troopers were effective.

Yep

Calvary troopers were effective.

Yep

Also enjoyed Mando being a good fighter without his gear.

Yep

Like I said in my other post this episode felt a bit like an Indy episode.

Not just the action but all the stuff at the imperial base.

loved this episode.

LOVED IT!!!

loved this episode.

LOVED IT!!!

I feel like with all the new star wars coming out, half of it will be mediocre if not just bad. I have a feeling a lot of these shows will feel a bit generic, and we will reference not only this show, but this episode as what Star Wars content quality can be.

With Kennedy still leading the charge, I think the quality is going to take a back seat to a glut of content. She also fires directors that don't tout her line, so we could see some chaos.

I was worried that he was going to be back... But Burr does Angry very well and that moment with the imperial officer was perfect.

My son said the exact same thing.

Yep

Yep

Yep

loved this episode.

LOVED IT!!!

Yup yup might the best one of the season so far.

Also Mad Max like and yes Indy great stuff.

Yeah Mad Max a bit... But really it Max never entered my mind.

It was too much fun. Plus Pirates going over the front of the vehicle then under the wheels was pure Raiders.

Who would have guessed that Bill Burr would have the best moment in the series with that speech at the table.

I could feel his anger :lol

I feel like with all the new star wars coming out, half of it will be mediocre if not just bad. I have a feeling a lot of these shows will feel a bit generic, and we will reference not only this show, but this episode as what Star Wars content quality can be.

If its long form i’m not interested I only want contained 4 to 6 hour max limited series.

With Kennedy still leading the charge, I think the quality is going to take a back seat to a glut of content. She also fires directors that don't tout her line, so we could see some chaos.

I dont know what we will get.

While I wish this show was an hour long and 13 episodes having shorter time frame and less episodes means the writers can spend more time writing quality shows instead of trying to come up with new ideas to fill a 1 hour 24 episode long season.

So if the other series follow the same formula they might be pretty good.

Time will tell.

I am not too worried about it.. There was a time in my life that I thought I would never see any new live action SW content after the PT was done. So this for me is kind of exciting.

If it ends up no good.. I dont have to watch.

So one nagging question:

Pirates steal shipments, they don?t blow them up.

Was Din killing good guys?

[emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So one nagging question:

[emoji848]

I saw them as rebels who were trying to get rid of the empire there and destroy their cargo.

The point of the episode is the ends justify the means. Take off your helmet, kill rebels, blow up everybody....as long as you can sleep at night it is all good.

As Bill Burr noted, when crap hits the fan, morals count for nothing.

So one nagging question:

[emoji848]

Yes, actually they seemed to be the local rebel resistance against the Empire

It's not just her. Favreau and Filoni had a vision and a mutual respect relationship. Filoni has talked about them talking back and forth on the phone and then Favreau getting excited and breaking off just to write something down.

The cast is enthusiastic. Old time original Star Wars artists coming out of the woodwork. Even Lucas looked all sappy holding the kid. Friggin' Werner Herzog.

These guys didn't need Kennedy except to write the checks.

So yeah, we'll get some good stuff, and mediocrity that fades away. Point for me is Mandalorian set a high bar. The hangers-on were to be expected, I guess. Suspect some never make it past pre-planning.

Back