1/6 The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale The Mandalorian Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When it comes to a body-swap is it necessary to use a Phicen style body? They?re awfully expensive as you?re paying for the ?rubberized? body and metal armature. Usually those are used for figures with visible arms, legs and/or torsos. Is there a less expensive, comparable body size-wise that has exposed joints? You won?t see them after all.

Last edited:
I keep going back and forth between this and the Beskar version. In the show, he looks killer with the full beskar outfit but anyone else feeling this version of the Mandalorian? He just has more contrast, dimension and a certain type of "grit" that the Hot Toys beskar version lacks. I do, however, love that custom Mando floating around with the full beskar armor and would take that one over this but that Hot Toys beskar version looks one-dimensional to me. Anyone else feel the same?

Found Mando at a LCS but for 295.00[emoji30]. I want to support locally but they make it impossible.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Tbh you'd pay $282ish through SS with shipping and taxes so you're paying a mild local premium to get it now. Crazy either way, but it's something.

I suppose you're right. The mark up may not be as outrageous as I thought but the sales tax will push it over 3 bills. I better stop looking at everyone's pics now.

Even if the local shop was charging the same exact price as SS was, I'd still wait the extra 5 days and order from SS. If something is broken with the figure you'll be taken care of and you'll get $12.15 back in RPs. But that's me, as I'm saving RPs.

Even if the local shop was charging the same exact price as SS was, I'd still wait the extra 5 days and order from SS. If something is broken with the figure you'll be taken care of and you'll get $12.15 back in RPs. But that's me, as I'm saving RPs.
This was definitely a concern as well. If anything would be wrong I would just end up returning it anyway with no replacement. I'll just wait it out.

When it comes to a body-swap is it necessary to use a Phicen style body? They?re awfully expensive as you?re paying for the ?rubberized? body and metal armature. Usually those are used for figures with visible arms, legs and/or torsos. Is there a less expensive, comparable body size-wise that has exposed joints? You won?t see them after all.

I feel like if you?re not swapping to the Phicen there?s no reason to swap at all. I personally don?t feel like the swap is necessary since the stock body articulates fine, but I believe people are swapping to the Phicen for slightly better articulation, or maybe proportions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was definitely a concern as well. If anything would be wrong I would just end up returning it anyway with no replacement. I'll just wait it out.

This is a fig worth the wait, srsly. I like the figs I own, but for some reason there's some that just feel like HT was really on the ball - IW Bucky, my DS #1, Ultron Mark 1 - probably Yondu from the comments but I don't own him.

And worth having as figure the Beskar version is probably gonna run into delays. Even if the Covid situation vanished, the backup of shipping isn't gonna get resolved for a while. Or getting staff up to speed. Weirdly I've got a Beskar version mini bust shipping from BBTS - but never even got the first version mini bust from BBTS. My IG-11 from SSC had its PO bumped. Waiting on my second of this fig (it's that good).

Got some ASMUS figs that were delayed too. Now that I think about it, everything I have on PO is delayed at the moment. But at least I didn't order Gamora.:monkey3

I feel like if you?re not swapping to the Phicen there?s no reason to swap at all. I personally don?t feel like the swap is necessary since the stock body articulates fine, but I believe people are swapping to the Phicen for slightly better articulation, or maybe proportions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was considering the phicen body, but after adjusting the fat suit and unsticking the shoulder joint on mine that was stuck I am perfectly happy with it. And this is coming from someone who would spend money on unnecessary things for the slightest improvement lol.

If Mando did some Spider-man action scenes, then maybe, but once you free up the fat suit there is not much articulation that a phicen body could add that the HT body could not do before the costume itself stops any further movement.

I ended up ordering this, but I wish this one had the flame thrower and lanyard like the deluxe figure has....since he uses them in the first episode. However still a great looking figure....

I have not been on here for a long time as I have not been collecting 1/6 and with the current global situation I have been stockpiling cash in case of emergency. I just had to buy this once I saw the first episode so I pre-ordered day one. Just received him this weekend and I could not be happier with the result.

Cheers.

mando01.jpg

Finally had a chance to open mine. Pretty much like everyone else is saying, top notch figure. Can't wait for the deluxe Beskar version.

this is like a Renaissance painting.

Ewok: annoyed at Mando hogging the attention

Kenobi: REALLY.

Luke: HEY! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!

Leia: *distracted*

Mando: I am Star Wars now. Deal.

lol!!!! Love this

Picked this guy up at my local comic shop over the weekend. I?m living this figure and it?s presence. Took a few basic pics, but plan to get some better poses soon:

4bbe7f4801ec3f2f27b14cc3cd90cfce.plist

83ba8e24ded769e4916b8d16455cf2b5.plist

014797e59d0aca82d4ec266202443a3a.plist

c514a5f735c8b113db32460fa2899a71.plist

71f87cd0ae21bf100d4cc1501a63f834.plist

0a0a28fd9857ea5d850104a11f0a1463.plist

0abcfd2bdec5aeef8b0a9da0b48e41c4.plist

ec68aa3a39bc17feb87447f6f6177c45.plist

827e5756897efdd3818f7a2610c91eba.plist
33e65a13879539e34f4a9db9fe5ccda1.plist

97444ba0d61f3fe93d88e21d3f9e085a.plist

Picked this guy up at my local comic shop over the weekend. I?m living this figure and it?s presence. Took a few basic pics, but plan to get some better poses soon:
]

Like the tone u got in ur pics. Agree this fig is incredibly expressive - more I work with it, the more nice details I pick up - small paint highlights etc.

HotToysMandolorianv1.jpg

Here's one with Gentle Giant's Mando bust that rolled in - maybe it'll help someone decide. Tho pretty sure Mando had chocolate brown undersuit with the Beskar so now I gotta go check Season 1.

Mandos.jpg

Back