1/6 The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale The Mandalorian Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Removing the fat-suit improves the overall look alright...but the helmet still looks a tad under scaled. How does it compare in scale next to the HT fett buckets?

It really doesn't look undersized at all to me. There's a comparison/debate some pages back and I'm sure Justin does a comparison in his review video.

For the Fat Suit removers:

Is anyone willing to take some pictures of the process and maybe even do a full on tutorial?

I feel like it'd improve mine, but I'm afraid of messing up the figure I have.

It really doesn't look undersized at all to me. There's a comparison/debate some pages back and I'm sure Justin does a comparison in his review video.

Am happy with him as is. I like the padding undersuits give; seeing joints etc. through costumes bugs me. Suppose the only fig I have that I think might really benefit from a fat suit mod is the notoriously overpadded TWS Cap.

Also I figure in time, like a lot of foam, any padding will thin out by itself. But I keep my figs long enough for them to age.

Finally received him today, having a quick nightcap opening. Magnificent figure, the layering on the suit is very nicely detailed. I love the cape and all of his armor. The right thigh is a bit chunky but overall fantastic piece. The TK bucket is detailed well and a complimentary piece. Going to be a tough one to top for FOTY for me. Padding comes off tomorrow, way too restrictive.

Quick snappy.......

7LLhXb4.jpg
I saw this and thought it was a promo pic for season 2.
Great work.
BTW is that the Sideshow Cantina environment you used for the chairs?

For the Fat Suit removers:

Is anyone willing to take some pictures of the process and maybe even do a full on tutorial?

I feel like it'd improve mine, but I'm afraid of messing up the figure I have.

Okay never mind, this doesn't even need a tutorial.

Open velcro and remove a single thread, this is dead simple! Damn.

Took some pics in the process, if anyone needs help with it, I'll try my best to help :)

Raymond F and D.R. 37, great pics with the fat suit removed, really makes the proportions and helmet size look much better. I'll definitely be doing the same when my Mando arrives. It's so strange why they decide to add un-natural fat-suits to some of these figures (TFA Han, ROTJ Luke V1, etc.)

@ZE_501 - Thanks. I have no practice on a sewing machine so I left everything else. I feel it needs to be taken in some if the leg padding is removed since the pants are so baggy. I?ll futz away the bagginess before wrecking a pair of Mando pants on a sewing machine :)

@Rbeato - Yes. I cut off the arms at the shoulders and replaced the padding just under the gauntlets.

@Luisenigma1 - HT shouldve used magnets. I trimmed the post and sanded so it just fits snug. It holds and is easy to remove but I do wanna tackle a magnet system some time.

How hard was it to get his costume off to do the fat suit mod?
I think I would rather have the parts that you left on than take the entire thing away.

Thanks folks for the nice comments, that photo came out really good.

Yes, they are the greedo table set pushed together to make a long bench in the cantina.

I have been on the lookout for a good while for that Cantina environment. Seems like nobody ever sells it.

Removing the fat-suit improves the overall look alright...but the helmet still looks a tad under scaled. How does it compare in scale next to the HT fett buckets?

I don't have the figure yet, but I think it looks alright in photos.

I have both the EFX and ANOVOS Mandalorian helmts and I can say they are both really small. The EFX (cast replica) is even smaller than the ANOVOS (scanned replica) by about 5%. They are both much smaller than the Fett helmet I have (also EFX).

I am 6' tall with a large head but I can put on a Stormtrooper helmet comfortably. I would not be able to put on the Mandalorian helmet. Or if I did, it would only be once and I'd never get it off again. Which is, I suppose, the way.

As MyenShi mentioned it is smaller than the Fett helmet, but I still think the 1/6 HT version should be a few mm wider than it is.

How hard was it to get his costume off to do the fat suit mod?
I think I would rather have the parts that you left on than take the entire thing away.

I usually take progress shots but didn?t this time since it was pretty basic. Everything is attached by velcro. You have to pull his shirt forward (unzipped) and over the neck... I removed the neck peg to avoid stretching or damaging the material. Then cut around and remove the padded arms. Cut and replace gauntlet padded area. The padded suit stayed on the whole time. Hope that helps.

If I get a chance to pick up a spare detonator at a decent price, I won't hesitate. The thing barely sits in the slot. I'm very afraid of losing it :/

Has anyone removed the foam behind the detonator yet? I feel like it'd sit better then.

If I get a chance to pick up a spare detonator at a decent price, I won't hesitate. The thing barely sits in the slot. I'm very afraid of losing it :/

Has anyone removed the foam behind the detonator yet? I feel like it'd sit better then.

I sometimes put Blu-Tack on really tiny accessories I don't want to lose.

I finally paid off Mando it will ship tomorrow and I'm excited for when it comes in, man now I might start getting more Star War figures. Now to see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

F?- UPS. My Mando was, for whatever reason, delivered to the Amazon fulfillment center in town, instead of my UPS store. Now I have to open up an investigation. I have a bad feeling I probably won?t get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally received him today, having a quick nightcap opening. Magnificent figure, the layering on the suit is very nicely detailed. I love the cape and all of his armor. The right thigh is a bit chunky but overall fantastic piece. The TK bucket is detailed well and a complimentary piece. Going to be a tough one to top for FOTY for me. Padding comes off tomorrow, way too restrictive.

Quick snappy.......

7LLhXb4.jpg
very nice!!!

Back