The last toy you simply were NOT able to buy?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
karamazov80;7960166 Do you mean the Mezco exclusive? Seems like the Previews exclusive (the one with the yellow oval) doesn't sell for much more than retail at this point.[/QUOTE said:
No, I'm looking for the PX with the yellow oval. I already have a Mezco Ex waiting for me at a friend's house cause I knew there was no way I could get that one here. The PX went up for preorder from a usually reliable site in Japan last fall and I've been waiting ever since.

I know $200 isn't really that much money for something you want...but in this case, it's a 6 inch figure that to me feels like it's worth about $100 tops. I simply can't justify paying twice that for a 6 inch figure that was released within the last few months.

Someone mentioned gohastings...I'll look into that...

Kenner JP T-Rex. Way back in 93? Still remember crying like a brat coz I didn't get one.

Thanks for sharing your experience! I had a very similar situation back when I was a kid around the same year, I think.

I really wanted some monsters creature toys that I saw on tv, their main feature was that they puked a lot. I cried because I really wanted them but my family could never find them so as a consolation prize my grandpa got me a Ninja Turtle.

Obviously I'm over wanting to have those toys but to this day I can't remember what were they really called, that nebulous memory of my childhood has been a riddle for me for a long time, I'm almost sure that I saw a tv commercial for a toy that was for sale at another dimension only :lol

Thanks a lot for the vid man! I don't think that those are the monsters I've been looking for although they seem way cooler. Don't remember that they stretched, I had a Stretch Armstrong back in the day and would have associated them with him in my memories.

I search for the longest of times once more and this evening I think I finally struck gold and found information about them:

They match the description and year of production I had in mind and apparently were very rare even back then and extremely hard to get nowadays which explains my lack of luck when it came to find them for all these years. Knowing that these and The Ghost Of Faffner Hall existed brings peace to my adult self that my childhood memories were real. :lol

HT Blade, Leonidas, 1/4 Endo & Iron Man Mark 1 2.0 are the ones that I had the chance of buying at retail but passed at one point or another only to later changing stance and regretting. I also used to have DX03 MJ Bad (2 of these) and Mark IV Secret Project - I sold all of them at just about cost. Needless to say I regret parting with them lol

IMG_0037+copy.jpg

:[

es gohkin maz and great maz, by fewture. :]

*recently started with robo/mechs after getting ed209.lolz
*prefer to get the sd formats for select few. bumblebee on the works. done with prime once the es gohkin arrives.lolz
optimus_zpsfwzppluz.jpg

nah, its great mazinger and mazinger z in sd format, es gohkins.
i need them cute robots y'know.lolz
this is es gohkin optimus prime im expecting.
ES_GOKIN_OPTIMUS_PRIME_ARTSTORM.jpg

*what i have on that pic is D-style(kotobukiya) prime and kids logic prime.*

The entire Series 4 of Neca's Classic Planet of the Apes because they were never made!

The Hot Toys Delorean I guess and perhaps other stuff going forward. Just too damn expensive and an awkward one to sell if I end up regretting the purchase.

Had to cancel Stormtrooper 2-pack, Robocop/Murphy and Blake/Gordon. I am officially priced out of this hobby now.

X-Plus Gigantic Series - Godzilla (2001 Edition).. I still want one, but in the end did not pull the trigger at retail, mainly due to the hefty shipping and import duties, making the figure incredibly expensive in the UK.. I still feel it would be perfect, as the only large (ok, very large) Godzilla I need in my collection.. still hoping for a release at some point, of the prototyped, King Ghidorah figure from the Tokyo Vinyl SD series.
:pray:

Just one, the HT IM Mk 3 'Silly Thing' SDCC Exclusive. Ugly mofo of a fig fetches anywhere from $1,000-$2,000 now and is the only one I'm missing from an IM line that's entirely too goddamn long and expensive lol. I've seen it available for ~$700, but even with disposable income available at the time I just refused to pay that much over retail for it.....

Word! :lecture

As Toy Fair rapidly approaches, I've been thinking about this thread from a few years ago. I started it cause I just couldn't find the PX Mezco One:12 Batman and I was so frustrated. Not long after, I got the stupid thing.

I realized how insanely spoiled/entitled I've been the last few years. Toys from my all time wish list have come true in rapid succession. I have a 1/12 scale ED-209 which seemed like only a pipe dream for the better part of a decade. My Transformers Masterpieces now in include an insanely good Megatron. Thanks to Articulated Icons, I even have a fully poseable 6 inch Storm Shadow.

Yet, it's human nature to covet what we can't have. Instead of just being happy with minor plastic "miracles" on my shelf I keep wishing for those last elusive few.

Number one is the Diamond Select Vince Vega from Pulp Fiction. Four years since we were assured it's coming and we're no closer to it. I just have to accept that it's simply never coming out and Jules is gonna be alone on the shelf.

Also, a Peter Weller battle-damaged RoboCop from NECA to go along with the aforementioned ED-209. NECA has had years to make it happen but it's simply never going to be.

And one more NECA: Batman in his Returns armor to go alongside the 1989 version we miraculously got a few years ago. That figure was made through a technicality loophole but it seems that's since been closed. God I wish they could make it but it looks almost impossible.

Then there's the remaining Diaclone cars from the Transformers MP line...Jazz, Hound, Mirage....seems to be if there had been a way to make them, we'd have had them. We still don't. My Diaclone collection will forever remain incomplete.

I'm a 40 year old griping about toys. In the end, it's nothing, and I know that. Still...sometimes you just want to vent. I hate accepting "incomplete" collections as much as any of us, but I need to focus on the cool stuff we DO have. After all, a 6 inch Alex DeLarge is coming this year....they told us for decades that was never going to happen! So there's awesome stuff still to look forward to.

Still....we've all been there. Gotta admit the glaring omissions still sting sometimes, no?

A T2 John Connor from NECA. It bothers me that of a cast of only 4 main characters they'll leave us one short.

Adding to the frustration is that they have made other child figures - Newt, Kevin McCallister, some random zombie kid thing. T2 John is a no-brainer - they actually have Furlong's likeness rights already and there are easy ways they could sell him to maximize his appeal such as in a 2 pack with the T-800 so WTF.

Back