The last toy you simply were NOT able to buy?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was a lucky kid in the 80s. I wasn't spoiled rotten but probably closer than I'd like to admit. My dad bought everything in threes so my brothers and I got all kinds of toys at once. We had some great, great stuff. Not to say there's things I look back on and missed out out on and wish I had, but for the most part we had so much cool stuff it made up for the cool missing (usually BIG) items.

I've mostly got over all that with the exception of the vintage Joes I accumulated for myself after college.

And now, being a single man in my 40s, I pretty much get whatever the hell strikes my fancy.

But lately there's three that have been haunting me. I passed on all three and regretted it ever since.

Well, number one is the GX-71 Beast King Golion/Voltron. I didn't so much "pass" on it but the mother****ers at Bandai won't give me a chance to buy it. It's driving me insane. Missed the 30 second long resale in 2019 and missed the 25 second long resale in 2021. Goddamn that stings.

Voltron Soul of Chogokin reissue.jpg

Next is the one I regret the absolute most of all. It was just too expsenive, and it is 12 inch so doesn't fit with anything else in my collection, so I reluctantly passed. Then I sat in horror, watching as the price skyrockted. It looks SOOO good. Battle damaged RoboCop with Peter Weller as Murphy face. I was SO SURE that MAFEX or NECA could do it too. How wrong I was. How I long for this beauty...oversized or not.

RoboCop Battle-Damaged Hot Toys.jpg

And my final giant regret doesn't sting AS bad, but it still sucks. I passed on the Hot Toys Batman Returns, again, mostly cause of price and size. This one was extra dumb cause I actually DO have the Hot Toys 89 Batman so at the very least he'd have a shelfmate. But the limited articulation from the rubber suit rubbed me the wrong way, and once again I was so DAMN SURE that Mezco or MAFEX or NECA would have me covered. Nope, again. Hot Toys was the only one, and I missed it, and I'll always regret it.

Batman Returns Hot Toys.jpg

There are dozens more regrets but those are the big three that really get to me. I only hope that someday, somehow, they'll get released in 6 inch form with good quality. As for Voltron.......I'm just too disgusted by Bandai and the way they cater to re-sellers and Chinese bots to even form a sentence.

Didnt preorder the Diecast Mark 6 or War Machine Mark 1 off Sideshow, cause my local shop said they’d get them in and never did.

Definitely HT Robocop and Indy. I just remember not having enough money at the time to get these two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was a lucky kid in the 80s. I wasn't spoiled rotten but probably closer than I'd like to admit. My dad bought everything in threes so my brothers and I got all kinds of toys at once. We had some great, great stuff. Not to say there's things I look back on and missed out out on and wish I had, but for the most part we had so much cool stuff it made up for the cool missing (usually BIG) items.

I've mostly got over all that with the exception of the vintage Joes I accumulated for myself after college.

And now, being a single man in my 40s, I pretty much get whatever the hell strikes my fancy.

But lately there's three that have been haunting me. I passed on all three and regretted it ever since.

Well, number one is the GX-71 Beast King Golion/Voltron. I didn't so much "pass" on it but the mother****ers at Bandai won't give me a chance to buy it. It's driving me insane. Missed the 30 second long resale in 2019 and missed the 25 second long resale in 2021. Goddamn that stings.

View attachment 507706

Next is the one I regret the absolute most of all. It was just too expsenive, and it is 12 inch so doesn't fit with anything else in my collection, so I reluctantly passed. Then I sat in horror, watching as the price skyrockted. It looks SOOO good. Battle damaged RoboCop with Peter Weller as Murphy face. I was SO SURE that MAFEX or NECA could do it too. How wrong I was. How I long for this beauty...oversized or not.

View attachment 507707

And my final giant regret doesn't sting AS bad, but it still sucks. I passed on the Hot Toys Batman Returns, again, mostly cause of price and size. This one was extra dumb cause I actually DO have the Hot Toys 89 Batman so at the very least he'd have a shelfmate. But the limited articulation from the rubber suit rubbed me the wrong way, and once again I was so DAMN SURE that Mezco or MAFEX or NECA would have me covered. Nope, again. Hot Toys was the only one, and I missed it, and I'll always regret it.

View attachment 507708

There are dozens more regrets but those are the big three that really get to me. I only hope that someday, somehow, they'll get released in 6 inch form with good quality. As for Voltron.......I'm just too disgusted by Bandai and the way they cater to re-sellers and Chinese bots to even form a sentence.

It's just incredibly beautiful. I want the same Batman figure.

Thanks to world economy and politics, I'm unable to buy anything that cost more than $150 since November 2014.

I have accumulated more stuff than I have room for. My hours got cut and my company has told me there will be no more raises for the foreseeable future. Plans for that new home with a big basement is scraped. I’m trying not to buy anything now. I’ve got to start unloading some stuff but it’s a daunting process and I don’t even know where to begin.

Would be P1 TDK Batman punching the ***** out of Supes. I could swing the cost but I have a 2 year old the risk of her getting to it and the moral compass of her seeing that prevents me lol.

Does that mean RIDDICK is responsible for all these spam accounts or did a spam account just happen to copy & paste his post.........

Back