Figures/statues you regret NOT buying when they were widely available

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No regrets. I have sold and traded many ‘grails’ listed here. My only ‘collecting’ regret is not dropping 1k for an early MacFarlane Spider-Man page in the early 90s …a splash page no less…I was a college student and just could not justify the expense.

Last edited:
This a great thread! I have a few a few of each, though I really think it all happens for a reason and I wasn't ready at the time to purchase for one reason or another. Collecting focus being different, job loss, not enough money etc. I've sold most of my collection 3 times over since I started collecting the higher end stuff in my adult life and I rarely regret missing or selling some items; but, there are the occasional few. I got a lot of my old wants last year, though there are still some I'm on the hunt for. And while some of this stuff might be a want right now, it might not be later. Trying to narrow stuff down and some stuff I sold long ago, I occasionally want again, but then don't really miss it unless I watch the movie associated with it.

Statues:
  • Sideshow Cyclops Premium Format (second version)
  • Sideshow Jean Gray Premium Format Exclusive with Phoenix switch-outs
  • Sideshow Superman Premium Format Exclusive with hand holding Brainiac head
  • Sideshow Catwoman Premium Format Exclusive with extra portrait
  • Sideshow Doomsday Maquette Exclusive with extra portrait
  • Sideshow Logan Premium Format Exclusive with extra portrait
  • Sideshow Captain America Assault on Hydra Premium Format Exclusive with switch-outs.
Figures:
  • Viper/Virus x Jiuan Last Samurai
  • HT Count Dooku
  • HT Jyn Erso
  • HT Neo
  • Sideshow 1/6 Magneto Exclusive (maybe)
  • Sideshow 1/6 Lobo Exclusive (maybe)
  • Enterbay 1/4 T800 - clean version
  • ToysPower 1/6 V for Vendetta 2.0
Ones I wish I didn't sell:
  • HT ANH Old Ben
  • HT ANH Leia
  • Sideshow Police Shoot Out T1 T800 Premium Format Exclusive
  • Sideshow Tron Legacy Rinzler Maquette
  • Sideshow Lex Luthor Premium Format Exclusive with Kryptonite switch-out

Mezco comic version Abe Sapien. It was a SDCC exclusive. I still have it saved in my ebay searches waiting for a moc one to pop up. unnamed.jpg

I have a few grail pieces:
The Big Chap Alien.
ANH Han Solo
QMX Khan
Final Form Ultron

Hopefully Exo-6 will deliver on their TWOK Khan sooner rather than later. And I keep thinking they have to make another Han Solo someday, right? Right?

I think if I want Big Chap, I'll have to bite the aftermarket bullet on him though.

Statue wise it would be Sideshow Halo premium format. Moved overseas at the time I had ordered it and had to cancel. Never really see it available for sale and there has never been another 1/4 sized version since been released.

Figure wise
BTTF 2 Marty (I want the DeLorean from the second film, but have no Marty)

Alien Ripley. I really thought HT were going to make her from Aliens, but it never happened.

DOFP Wolverine. I remember thinking how ridiculously expensive this was to preorder at AUD $350, with no accessories. So I passed. Thankfully we should get him in classic colours from Deadpool 3.

There have been a few from Star Wars like Tarkin, Hoth Leia, R2-D2, but there is anothe4 R2 coming and I feel this line is just going to deep for me, I can't have them all.

Oh my god how long have you got, I honestly could go on for years but I'll just choose the few that really stick in my craw -

Statues -

Bowen Thor (Asgardian Armour)
Bowen Captain Britain
Court of the Dead - Gethsemoni (Shaper of Flesh)
Court of the Dead - Kier (Valkyrie of the Dead & Deaths Warbringer)
Court of the Dead - Shard (Both of them)
Sideshow Power Girl (original super booby version)
Sideshow Huntress (Original)

Figures -

Enterbay - A Better Tomorrow (Mark Twin pack)
Court of the Dead - Kier Shadow of Heaven
Soo Soo Toys - Detective Vigilante (Dick Grayson Robin)
Hot Toys - Battle Damaged Robocop Twin Pack with Murphy
Hot Toys - Batman Returns Twin Pack with Bruce Wayne
Hot Toys - BttF Marty McFly with Einstein
Hot Toys - BttF 2 Doc Brown
Hot Toys - Justice League Batman
Hot Toys - Justice League Superman

The list goes on & on but those are the few that really get to me

Neil

Last edited:
Prime 1 Hush Superman
Sideshow Vampirella
Sideshow Aspen
Sideshow Red Sonja (the last one they did)
Sideshow Rebel Terminator

The bad thing is I was collecting when these were released, but I was focusing on figures and I didn’t give a crap about statues. Now I don’t give a crap about figures and I love statues 🤦‍♂️

Oh my god how long have you got, I honestly could go on for years but I'll just choose the few that really stick in my craw -

Statues -

Bowen Thor (Asgardian Armour)
Bowen Captain Britain
Court of the Dead - Gethsemoni (Shaper of Flesh)
Court of the Dead - Kier (Valkyrie of the Dead & Deaths Warbringer)
Court of the Dead - Shard (Both of them)
Sideshow Power Girl (original super booby version)
Sideshow Huntress (Original)

Figures -

Enterbay - A Better Tomorrow (Mark Twin pack)
Court of the Dead - Kier Shadow of Heaven
Soo Soo Toys - Detective Vigilante (Dick Grayson Robin)
Hot Toys - Battle Damaged Robocop Twin Pack with Murphy
Hot Toys - Batman Returns Twin Pack with Bruce Wayne
Hot Toys - BttF Marty McFly with Einstein
Hot Toys - BttF 2 Doc Brown
Hot Toys - Justice League Batman
Hot Toys - Justice League Superman

The list goes on & on but those are the few that really get to me

Neil

The list does go on and on :LOL:

I wish I could go back in time and nudge myself "Hey! Jump on these figures, you're not interested right now but you will be in the future!" :lol

Prime 1 Hush Superman
Sideshow Vampirella
Sideshow Aspen
Sideshow Red Sonja (the last one they did)
Sideshow Rebel Terminator

The bad thing is I was collecting when these were released, but I was focusing on figures and I didn’t give a crap about statues. Now I don’t give a crap about figures and I love statues 🤦‍♂️

Hahaha true! Sometimes our collecting habits and visions change over time and then it makes us look back at what we 'missed' :lol

I‘m not figure collecting guy but I recently purchased the Jazz inc Dioramas falcon cockpit and wanted the figures to go with it.

I never purchased the OG Luke , Leia, Han, Chewbacca, or Obi Wan figures, so I missed out on those releases. As you all know aftermarket prices for them are outrageous…mostly. Chewie, Han and Leia are generally through the roof. Twice or 5 times the original asking price. I picked up the R2 and threepio SS figures on cheap deals. But the other OG figures were priced out for me.

SO, my hope for a reissue:

1. Chewie
2. Han
3. Leia
4. Obi Wan
5. Luke

All from a New Hope.

Back