Figures/statues you regret NOT buying when they were widely available

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

POshy

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I couldn't find a thread like this, maybe it's there, I don't know.

So what are the figures or statues that you passed on when they were available at retail or even discount and now regret not getting them?
I know you can buy basically anything on the secondary market but I would never spend like $500 or whatever on a figure that cost $200 a few years ago. Plus, I generally don't like buying "used" stuff...

Hot Toys:
MMS113 Blade
MMS118 Aldo Raine
MMS134 Hans Landa
MMS149 Sweeney Tood
MMS162 Predator
MMS173 Predator
MMS233 Elder Predator
MMS218 Batman 66
MMS247 Maleficent
MMS263 Han Solo & Chewbacca
MMS264 Wolverine
MMS270 Ichabod Crane
MMS276 John Matrix
MMS283 Obi-Wan
MMS298 Leia
MMS366 Ripley
MMS383 Harley Quinn
MMS405 Jyn Erso
MMS424 Wonder Woman
MMS437 Anakin
MMS455 Batman
MMS466 Neo
MMS449 Hela
MMS483 Gamora
MMS486 Anakin
MMS495 Yoda
DX08 Joker
DX10 T-800
DX13 T-800
DX14 Joker
DX15 Jack Sparrow

Statues:
Sideshow Dejah Thoris
Sideshow Jean Grey
Sideshow Aspen
PCS Mileena MKX

Damn, that's way too many already^^ Plus a few Blitzway and Enterbay releases as well :horror

Last edited:
I had the Grey Hulk vs Spidey OG statue in my cart but couldn't do it as it wasn't what I collected.

Also had the more recent SS Thanos piece all but purchased but again, not my focus.

Good topic! There’s quite a number of HT I “missed out” out on either because I wasn’t as hardcore collecting then or I simply wasn’t interested at the time. With that, for myself I don’t feel any or much regret at all towards my collection. There’s only one piece I do feel that way towards, which is: The Queen Studios Captain Marvel Life-sized bust.

I suppose I would pick up these figures now if it not were for the aforementioned reasons above:

- HT ANH/RO Darth Vader
- HT ANH Princess Leia
- HT ANH Obi-Wan Kenobi
- HT ESB Hoth Princess Leia
- HT ROTJ Princess Leia
- HT QS ROTJ Boba Fett
- HT RO Jyn Erso
- HT Alien Ripley
- HT DX13 T2 T-800
- HT QS Terminator Endoskeleton
- HT T1 Shootout T-800
- HT John Wick
- HT DX11 TDK Joker
- HT TR Hela
- HT CA:CW Scarlet Witch
- HT AOU/NA Scarlet Witch
- HT SS1 Harley Quinn
- HT STM 1978 Superman
- HT The Avengers Hulk
- EB 1/4 T-800
- EB 1/4 Battle-Damaged T-800
- EB 1/4 TDK Batman (Begins suit)

I’m sure there’s some more :lol

Last edited:
Good topic! There’s quite a number of HT I “missed out” out on either because I wasn’t as hardcore collecting then or I simply wasn’t interested at the time. With that, for myself I don’t feel any or much regret at all towards my collection. There’s only one piece I do feel that way towards, which is: The Queen Studios Captain Marvel Life-sized bust.

I suppose I would pick up these figures now if it not were for the aforementioned reasons above:

- HT ANH/RO Darth Vader
- HT ANH Princess Leia
- HT ANH Obi-Wan Kenobi
- HT ESB Hoth Princess Leia
- HT ROTJ Princess Leia
- HT QS ROTJ Boba Fett
- HT RO Jyn Erso
- HT Alien Ripley
- HT DX13 T2 T-800
- HT QS Terminator Endoskeleton
- HT T1 Shootout T-800
- HT John Wick
- HT DX11 TDK Joker
- HT TR Hela
- HT CA:CW Scarlet Witch
- HT AOU/NA Scarlet Witch
- HT SS1 Harley Quinn

I’m sure there’s some more :lol
Good list, quite a few accordances with mine. At least John Wick and Scarlet Witch get new figures. ANH probably won't happen before 2027 (50th anniversary) unfortunately. Maybe a Jyn Erso 2.0 in 2026 for the 10th anniversary?

Last Terminator figure was in 2016, just like Alien, and Predator in 2017. Such a shame!

Jack Black GIF by MTV Movie & TV Awards

Good list, quite a few accordances with mine.

(y)

At least John Wick and Scarlet Witch get new figures.

Yeah fortunately some of the recurring characters are getting new releases. We’re still waiting for them to put up the JW4 figures though 😅

ANH probably won't happen before 2027 (50th anniversary) unfortunately. Maybe a Jyn Erso 2.0 in 2026 for the 10th anniversary?

I’d definitely like some ANH and RO reissues/revamps, we can only hope! :panic:

Last Terminator figure was in 2016, just like Alien, and Predator in 2017. Such a shame!

Jack Black GIF by MTV Movie & TV Awards

Yep it’s kinda ludicrous they haven’t put out anything from those since then, and surely there’s still plenty of interest. I’d be down for at least some rereleases.

Yep it’s kinda ludicrous they haven’t put out anything from those since then, and surely there’s still plenty of interest. I’d be down for at least some rereleases.
I'm pretty sure they'd sell much better than Marvel stuff right now. Why? Because it would be a combination of nostalgia and excitement, which hasn't been there for a long time with Hot Toys.

There are some I wish I had purchased but really not a bunch.

Hot Toys:
Darth Maul (TPM)
Count Dooku
Yoda (AOTC)

Jawa and Gonk set
Boba Fett (ESB)

Sly Stallone Shop:
John Rambo

The ones in bold I really regret. The others would be nice to have but I’m not super upset I don’t have them.

This is a great thread!

For me, my biggest statue regret is Sideshow Jessica Rabbit. $325 was a lot of money for me in 2011, so I cancelled my pre-order and she's worth SO much more now. I did however pick up ThreeA MGS Rex that same year. He's worth around the same as her and is still in my collection. I HATE that Jessica is always in my order list though :ROFLMAO:
jessica.png

In terms of 1/6 figures, I have no interest in Marvel, DC or Star Wars figures, so my regret is that I didn't pick up the hobby sooner, when Ashley Wood was still making ThreeA figures. I started collecting 1/6 only last year and am obsessing over all of the Ashley Wood figures I missed at retail. I just paid $400 for one that was less than $200 when it came out, but it also goes for around $600 these days, so I didn't pay as much as I could have.

You shouldn't worry about buying used. It can often be a good idea, as some figures have manufacturing issues and it's good when someone has already opened something and can confirm for you the figure is fine. I've bought so many used collectibles over the years from reputable people and am very happy with what they sent.

Last edited:
Wow. Seeing that price by that statue is nuts. You have my condolences :grouphug
Yeah, it sucks mainly because it is stuck in my Sideshow account forever, haha. I don't even like the way the statue looks now, but I would have made a pretty penny selling it! Luckily I have plenty of other collectibles that have appreciated in value as much or even more than Jessica.

For me it’s Ellen Ripley, Alien Warrior, and the BTTF2 Marty and Doc. These all came out right when I started collecting and just kinda whiffed on them because I didn’t think the head sculpts were all that great. Which is also why I was never too keen on paying even more in the aftermarket. Also had the chance years ago to buy the RoboCop 2-pack from Popcultcha on sale for something like $250 and didn’t pull the trigger. 🤦‍♂️

Most of my regrets are actually figures I got at retail and then ended up selling for one reason or another. Yondu, Drax, Hela, Tarkin, Dooku, Darkside Anakin, 1966 Batman & Robin among others.

This is a great thread!

For me, my biggest statue regret is Sideshow Jessica Rabbit. $325 was a lot of money for me in 2011, so I cancelled my pre-order and she's worth SO much more now. I did however pick up ThreeA MGS Rex that same year. He's worth around the same as her and is still in my collection. I HATE that Jessica is always in my order list though :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 639671

In terms of 1/6 figures, I have no interest in Marvel, DC or Star Wars figures, so my regret is that I didn't pick up the hobby sooner, when Ashley Wood was still making ThreeA figures. I started collecting 1/6 only last year and am obsessing over all of the Ashley Wood figures I missed at retail. I just paid $400 for one that was less than $200 when it came out, but it also goes for around $600 these days, so I didn't pay as much as I could have.

You shouldn't worry about buying used. It can often be a good idea, as some figures have manufacturing issues and it's good when someone has already opened something and can confirm for you the figure is fine. I've bought so many used collectibles over the years from reputable people and am very happy with what they sent.
Jessica Rabbit..." l'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way"

I don't really think about this much anymore. I figure most of the Hot Toys stuff I skipped in the past is now old enough to need an updated release anyway.

I wouldn't mind having the Hasbro Jabba's Sailbarge - but I didn't pass on that so much as Hasbro barred me from getting it and my only option is to pay scandalous aftermarket and shipping prices. Same will go for the Boba Fett (Jabba) Throne Room. Hasbro are determined that longtime collectors in certain markets be excluded from their coolest grail items.

Last edited:
I don't really think about this much anymore. I figure most of the Hot Toys stuff I skipped in the past is now old enough to need an updated release anyway.

I wouldn't mind having the Hasbro Jabba's Sailbarge - but I didn't pass on that so much as Hasbro barred me from getting it and my only option is to pay scandalous aftermarket and shipping prices. Same will go for the Boba Fett (Jabba) Throne Room. Hasbro are determined that longtime collectors in certain markets be excluded from their coolest grail items.
Yeah, I'm in the same barge as you. Was also prohibited to join the kickstarter and buy it directly from Haslab. But truth be told I'm not really missing it that much since Hasbro has failed to complete their Jabba's creatures and aliens line. So many great characters that either need their first figure or an upgraded reissue

Back