Lots of dust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarcoPlouffe

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm caught in a situation where my house is getting renovated and there's dust everywhere in the house. I was not prepared for this and now my collectibles shelf (about 20+ statues, a lot of them 1:4, stuff from XM, Sideshow, Prime1, etc) is full of dust. I have previously posted questions about this subject and most answers were "clean them now and seal them in plastic". A sound advice for sure, but I am not in a position to be able to do so. My plan is to wait the construction to be over (maybe 2-3 weeks left), let the dust settle and proceed into cleaning them by first using an air duster and then cleaning the rest off with a makeup brush.

Basically I am looking to know if this plan is viable or not. I am not necessarily looking to resell them (most of them are my own design, others, my friends') so I don't care if they are not TOP NOTCH. That been said I've been stressing out about it now that I am in too deep and cannot clean and seal them.

I guess I am looking for honest advice or extra tips on cleaning as much as I am looking for reassurance to be honest.

Last edited:
if those are solid materials just wash them.

if they have clothings on then shame on you for not taking peoples advise.

could have just covered them with plastic bags but i guess you want the renovators to enjoy the statues.

if those are solid materials just wash them.

if they have clothings on then shame on you for not taking peoples advise.

could have just covered them with plastic bags but i guess you want the renovators to enjoy the statues.
It's all resin, a minimum of them are nylon.

I don't appreciate that you are trying to shame me, you could have keep that comment to yourself.

It's all resin, a minimum of them are nylon.

I don't appreciate that you are trying to shame me, you could have keep that comment to yourself.
shame on you because you will have hard time cleaning those nylons because you dont want to cover them up with some plastic bags.

Hey guys,

I'm caught in a situation where my house is getting renovated and there's dust everywhere in the house. I was not prepared for this and now my collectibles shelf (about 20+ statues, a lot of them 1:4, stuff from XM, Sideshow, Prime1, etc) is full of dust. I have previously posted questions about this subject and most answers were "clean them now and seal them in plastic". A sound advice for sure, but I am not in a position to be able to do so. My plan is to wait the construction to be over (maybe 2-3 weeks left), let the dust settle and proceed into cleaning them by first using an air duster and then cleaning the rest off with a makeup brush.

Basically I am looking to know if this plan is viable or not. I am not necessarily looking to resell them (most of them are my own design, others, my friends') so I don't care if they are not TOP NOTCH. That been said I've been stressing out about it now that I am in too deep and cannot clean and seal them.

I guess I am looking for honest advice or extra tips on cleaning as much as I am looking for reassurance to be honest.
Hey Marco, welcome to the forum. Big fan of the Keos work!

Are you unable to get into the house to at least stop even more dust building up? I've found that once dust starts building up, it doesn't come off as easily as you'd think. Maybe it starts to absorb some moisture in the air? A slightly damp cloth might help in some places. I've given my Hot Toys Iron Man figures a wipe down some times as the makeup brush doesn't quite get it all off it it builds up too much.

Are you unable to get into the house to at least stop even more dust building up? I've found that once dust starts building up, it doesn't come off as easily as you'd think. Maybe it starts to absorb some moisture in the air? A slightly damp cloth might help in some places. I've given my Hot Toys Iron Man figures a wipe down some times as the makeup brush doesn't quite get it all off it it builds up too much.
Same experience here. If you can even get a bit of the dust off and maybe cover them so that additional dust doesn't pile on you might save yourself some headaches later.

They make keyboard "dusters" which are tiny vacuum cleaners with a brush in the front.

Also for fine touch up work, a camera "lense pen" is pretty useful.

Too many unknowns here ( mixed media, different brands, different materials, etc, etc)

If you can, trying to cover them a little now is always better than not. Good luck

coz of static, grease and humid in air. same as ur floor. you need to mop it to see all the stuck dirt.

They make keyboard "dusters" which are tiny vacuum cleaners with a brush in the front.

Also for fine touch up work, a camera "lense pen" is pretty useful.

Too many unknowns here ( mixed media, different brands, different materials, etc, etc)

If you can, trying to cover them a little now is always better than not. Good luck
hah, recently i took out my box and found that vacuum, never really worked for me, its cheap, has a motor inside that spins, but couldnt suck anything.

Back