The last toy you simply were NOT able to buy?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a great example. But other than repaints they've pretty much abandoned Terminator these days, no?

Looks like it. They missed a prime opportunity to release him for the 25th anniversary or for the 3D rerelease. What they did put out was mostly rehash other than a rosebox accessory for the 7'' figure and an additional torso joint in the 1:4 scale T-800.

For me the only thing I really covet in a major way that I can't have is Han Solo's dl-44 replica pistol, due to local import restrictions. Collecting wise there's nothing that I've ever wanted more that I simply can't have or get, and for reasons outside of my control. It's my ultimate grail piece, and I just can't have it.

Anyone have one that is just plain out of the question, either for cost, size, or availability?
cost: 1/6 Theezero Fallout power armor / 1/6 Threezero Legion. those prices are not what i'm ready to pay for Threezero.

size: 2 or 3 more sets of Neca TMNT for different scenes and poses.

availability: 2 regular Robocop heads and 1 BD Robocop head. nowhere to find.

A recent one but I missed out on preordering the Chewbacca SH Figuarts and I refuse to pay the $100+ for it that it's going for now. I can't justify it, it's a mystery that that is the most sought after non-web exclusive release. He looks great to me but I'll just bide my time.

Cost: Prime1 BvS Batman.

Size: Hot Toys 1989 Batmobile.

Availability: When I was little there was a blue and white Spider-Man figure from the Web Splashers line I always wanted, but could never find.

Cost: Prime1 Arkham Knight Batmobile, Blitzway Ghosbusters.

Size: Any 1/4 figure.

Availability: 1989 Joker Laughing Ball.

joker-electronic-laughing-ball_1_73971e8540491a83b6f18fdf8cfddbdb.jpg

I sold most of the toylines I had as a child and if money were no object I would re-buy quite a few.
One I never had and always wanted was the centurions line but man they go for some money.

Modern current. I would like a 1/6 dewback and a 1989 batmobile.

Was wanting a Ghostbusters set for years. And then when Blitzway offered up theirs.....just no longer cared for them and couldn't pull the trigger.

Used to be that I would buy iconic comic book characters from hot toys, even if the movie was terrible. Examples were the Ghost Rider figure, The Wolverine Origins figure, Etc. But nowadays they have to look good, usually be from a pretty good movie, and be a character that I care something about from the comics. So almost all of the Zack Snyder type movies are unrepresented on my shelf.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Costwise - Threezero Fallout Power armour. Sauron PF. Mind you my weta one is good enough

Size - most PF’s to be fair, Im in a 500 sqft basement suite.

As frustrating as it is when companies have the rights to make certain characters and choose not to, it's also frustrating to see stuff you've always wanted but the price is just too ludicrous.

I'd have loved that battle damaged Peter Weller head RoboCop from Hot Toys but I can't spend that much on a single piece that's not in scale with anything else I own.

I've also wanted a YF-19 from Macross Plus for...oh...almost 20 years now. They've made a few, but always several hundred dollars and again, not the scale I prefer.

I also thought that recent Bandai Voltron was gorgeous but it retailed for almost $400 here in Japan. I liked Voltron a lot as a kid, but not enough to drop that kind of money.

Call me a cheapskate if you will, but I definitely prefer the 6-7 inch scale, not only for the economy of price, but of shelf space. I don't want to go much "higher end" in size or price than Masterpiece Transformers.

I also love Frank Miller Dark Knight stuff. The Mezco One:12 were perfect for me. But I can't deny the beauty of that Prime One 1/3 scale statue. But Jeezus, how much did that damn thing cost? It's bigger than a kid!! No thanks...I'll just admire pics from people that were rich/crazy enough to buy it.

I got everything I wanted when I started collecting, although some things were a bit harder to acquire. I'm very selective so I can usually get new things I want without problems. There are some things I like but just wouldn't have room for, basically everything 1/4 or bigger, but I have accepted that, I don't mind that I can't have these.

But there are some figures and replicas I REALLY would love to have in my collection that simply haven't been made (yet). Most importantly 1/6 Matt Ryan Constantine and a GotG Milano in a similar size as the Cutaway Serenity.

Hot Toys Hall of Armors. I would love to display my IM armors in them. But I would need @ 50 of them. And even at retail it would cost thousands. I just couldn't pull the trigger on that.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

A T2 John Connor from NECA. It bothers me that of a cast of only 4 main characters they'll leave us one short.

Adding to the frustration is that they have made other child figures - Newt, Kevin McCallister, some random zombie kid thing. T2 John is a no-brainer - they actually have Furlong's likeness rights already and there are easy ways they could sell him to maximize his appeal such as in a 2 pack with the T-800 so WTF.

q7uwbep4lta11.jpg

That's gotta feel good.

It made my year, can't wait for him. My wallet won't be too happy though when the time comes. If he's a single figure release I'll be ordering 10 or more for various scenes. If it's one release that comes with the bike at a deluxe pricepoint I'd have to rethink.

It's so irritating when you just can't get it. I've been trying to get rare Hot Toys James Dean Red Jacket and expensive Iminime Wall Street Killer and it's just impossible to find those two at a reasonable price.

Until now, I have collected generally common pieces from Hot Toys; Captain America, Batman, Spider-Man etc. Now i'm just looking for these two cult pieces and it's as if I will never find them. From being able to pick whichever figure I wanted for the cheapest price to not even having an option with the James Dean and Patrick Bateman. Hope the time will come soon when I can add those to my collection. I didn't have the knowledge of figures when these two were released, and years down the line, looking for them is just mission impossible.

The universe is still denying me the opportunity to buy the Bandai Chokogin Voltron for retail price.

I could overpay, but I flat out refuse.

If that means never owning it, so be it. I just don't understand why the **** Bandai doesn't make more when they sell out in seconds when they reissue it.

Back