The gunslinger (outlaws of the west) 1:6 scale figure ? limtoys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a new Sadie coming from VeryCool, looks it's using some recast parts from the VTS Wilderness Rider release, the SW one looks better than this imo but it's still cool to see RDR getting more stuff put out.
399321-1658793555464.jpeg

This one isn't doing it for me either, except that it has a bigger hat. Like you say, it's still good to see interest in the series.

Both hats, though, have the same artificial look to them. Hard, shiny, untextured plastic.

SW Toys Sadie Adler 2.jpg

My 'Sadie' won't be Sadie, so she'll either got hatless or wear the floppy fabric one from Thunder Toys' Carter Slade.

52080039089_777c9d4045_o.jpg

He only got to wear it briefly for the photo shoot. :lol

52078807787_4857e43313_o.jpg

This one isn't doing it for me either, except that it has a bigger hat. Like you say, it's still good to see interest in the series.

Both hats, though, have the same artificial look to them. Hard, shiny, untextured plastic.

View attachment 590841

My 'Sadie' won't be Sadie, so she'll either got hatless or wear the floppy fabric one from Thunder Toys' Carter Slade.

52080039089_777c9d4045_o.jpg

He only got to wear it briefly for the photo shoot. :lol

52078807787_4857e43313_o.jpg
The SWToys just seems to have a bit of a better likeness and tailoring based on the prototype but their sculpts always take a hit in production.
I'm not really interested in getting either of these Sadies because they just don't cut it for me but it's cools seeing the franchise get some more love.

The SWToys just seems to have a bit of a better likeness and tailoring based on the prototype but their sculpts always take a hit in production.
I'm not really interested in getting either of these Sadies because they just don't cut it for me but it's cools seeing the franchise get some more love.

Yeah and most likely some other (better) Toy company will probably make a truly exceptional version of her down the line… 🤠🤠🤠

Are you guys thinking of doing her…? If so, I’d be in for it.

Just saw an email from CS which says that the gunslinger will delay to early September😢
Rule #1 - don't trust anything Comic Sanctorum says lol

That said, R_R_X did say he's very hopeful for an August release, so if retailers say they are expecting to receive their allotment in September, that does probably check out.

More is more... But i'm not really interested either. To be honest i don't really care about Sadie, i would rather have Dutch.

Wallet: Sighs in relief
I've had this paid for in full since February. LOL Nice that I don't have to worry about it when it ships, but I could have used that money for something else in the meantime. I did the same with Cavill Geralt. 🤦‍♂️

Sadie was probably my favorite of the non-playable characters in Red Dead 2. I really enjoyed her arc of going from this scared widow who lost everything and didn't even want to live, to becoming a ruthless killer and bounty hunter who isn't scared of anything, going so far as to climb a mountain with John to get justice against Micah and Dutch.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like figures of Dutch, Charles and Javier too, but I am excited to see Sadie getting made. I'll hope LIM does he eventually, but I'm getting the SW Toys one as a placeholder for now. That other one just looks...bad.

Sadie was probably my favorite of the non-playable characters in Red Dead 2. I really enjoyed her arc of going from this scared widow who lost everything and didn't even want to live, to becoming a ruthless killer and bounty hunter who isn't scared of anything, going so far as to climb a mountain with John to get justice against Micah and Dutch.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like figures of Dutch, Charles and Javier too, but I am excited to see Sadie getting made. I'll hope LIM does he eventually, but I'm getting the SW Toys one as a placeholder for now. That other one just looks...bad.
Agreed. I loved the slow growth of Sadie & Arthur's friendship immensely. One of the highlights of the game for me.

Agreed. I loved the slow growth of Sadie & Arthur's friendship immensely. One of the highlights of the game for me.
It always cracks me up how Arthur was just done with her after they went into Rhodes together for the first time. He was like "Jesus this lady is going to get us all killed". But by the end, they clearly relied on each other more than anyone else, and there was a trust there that I really loved to see blossom.

The "we're more ghosts than people" scene was one of the best ones in the game. It felt so genuine. That's why even though the SW Toys version isn't perfect, I'll still be getting it to stand next to Arthur. It just feels like a natural companion piece.

Yeah, I'm hoping I can wrangle one once finances are better. She's not perfect, but she'll hold me over for now, at least. I was tempted to get the horse, too, but Ekuaz & MT surprised me by getting the Squid Guard & Ciri out so much faster than I expected, so I had to hold off.

Rule #1 - don't trust anything Comic Sanctorum says lol

That said, R_R_X did say he's very hopeful for an August release, so if retailers say they are expecting to receive their allotment in September, that does probably check out.
hate to say this, but i’ve been reading this thread for a while now, but RRX has been hopeful for a release every month since may 🤷

hate to say this, but i’ve been reading this thread for a while now, but RRX has been hopeful for a release every month since may 🤷
I mean, I remember when it was supposed to be out before the Chinese New Year, lol.

At the end of the day it's a huge batch of figures. It was stated to be even bigger than the first run, which is not the normality when companies do a second run of figures. Everyone who cancelled got back in, and people saw production pieces and ordered, and people who ordered one got a second. You can imagine it's a big number.

Plus, their factory did have some problems with the shut downs and stuff, I believe.

I know it's frustrating - I'm frustrated too, but R_R_X is a good guy and I'm sure he's genuine when he thinks the release is coming next month.

Back