The gunslinger (outlaws of the west) 1:6 scale figure ? limtoys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't forget about Gunsmoke. lol I also recommend Old Henry. It's a bit of a slow burn at first, but definitely one of the better newer westerns.
I used to watch Gunsmoke and The Rifleman with my dad. Classic shows

I recently rewatched Outlaw Josey Wales. Liked it a lot more now than I did as a kid.

As for movies similar to RDR2 I would recommend The Wild Bunch and For A Few Dollars More. Classics!

Salvation was a recent western that was good:

Whereas The Power of the Dog was ugh, so flat. The acting was good, but the story pacing and expected explosion of conflict..........................

The Searchers.

23F50913-F567-44C0-B251-CCF212AE3AB6.jpeg

I imagine everyone knows about The Proposition?? That's basically the movie that inspired RDR.

Is that a western... or a 'southern'? :unsure:

As a child the 'Australian western' never felt authentic. It had to be America.

I did have The Proposition on DVD, and it was one of the few times I sold a DVD. Didn't know it was the inspiration for RDR, as I don't know the story of RDR.

My favourite westerns are from the '60s and '70s. To me that was the golden age. On the one side there's John Wayne, on the other Clint Eastwood, and a lot in between. The Outlaw Josey Wales is a top one, and I wished they'd made the sequel, Vengeance Trail of Josey Wales, because that was a good book too.

Once into the 1980s the good ones feel a lot more sparse, though in the later period there's things like Dances With Wolves or True Grit, which was better than the original (itself having been described as one of the great American novels).

I recommend watching "Duck, you sucker!" With James Coburn definitely a good film that gives off some Red Dead Vibes. Lol

This a good one too. The follow up to Leone's Once Upon a Time in the West, which is possibly the greatest spaghetti western ever made.

I thought of Duck, You Sucker (A Fistful of Dynamite) before, when I realised RDR's later time period.

As a child if a motor vehicle showed up in a western it diminished the film, because it was a sign of civilization that was going to erase the land of adventure, and turn it into something else. Which was theme of the railroad in Once Upon a Time in the West.

Eastwood westerns are what I prefer. Josey Wales, Unforgiven, and Pale Rider are my favorites.

Unforgiven is a pretty slow movie, but the last 15 minutes are some of the best in cinema to me.

Is that a western... or a 'southern'? :unsure:

As a child the 'Australian western' never felt authentic. It had to be America.

I did have The Proposition on DVD, and it was one of the few times I sold a DVD. Didn't know it was the inspiration for RDR, as I don't know the story of RDR.

My favourite westerns are from the '60s and '70s. To me that was the golden age. On the one side there's John Wayne, on the other Clint Eastwood, and a lot in between. The Outlaw Josey Wales is a top one, and I wished they'd made the sequel, Vengeance Trail of Josey Wales, because that was a good book too.

Once into the 1980s the good ones feel a lot more sparse, though in the later period there's things like Dances With Wolves or True Grit, which was better than the original (itself having been described as one of the great American novels).

This a good one too. The follow up to Leone's Once Upon a Time in the West, which is possibly the greatest spaghetti western ever made.

I thought of Duck, You Sucker (A Fistful of Dynamite) before, when I realised RDR's later time period.

As a child if a motor vehicle showed up in a western it diminished the film, because it was a sign of civilization that was going to erase the land of adventure, and turn it into something else. Which was theme of the railroad in Once Upon a Time in the West.
Basically The proposition story is a about a guy who is forced by the law to kill someone from his past to save his family. In the film the protagonist is being sent to hunt and kill his older brother who is an outlaw in exchange to save his younger brother from being hanged. The game basically takes the same story but changes some things so John Martson is being forced by the law (being pinkerton agent Edgar Ross in his older age) to hunt down Dutch who is like a father figure to John in order for him to save his family (wife and son) from harm and punishment. So that's where the similarities in story comes from.

Last edited:
Definitely check out Open Range. It's a good Western and you can definitely see some of it inspired RDR2 especially with the town of Valentine.

If you want a more recent recommendation then check out Old Henry. The less you know going in the better!

Who do you think would be a good choice to play Arthur Morgan if the game is ever adapted into a movie? My first thought is Daniel Craig, but I think he may be a little too old for the role now. Someone else I kind of had in mind is, now bear with me on this, Chris Hemsworth. He kind of looks like Roger Clark and he’s about the same age as the character. Plus he can do a southern accent.

Definitely check out Open Range. It's a good Western and you can definitely see some of it inspired RDR2 especially with the town of Valentine.

If you want a more recent recommendation then check out Old Henry. The less you know going in the better!
Love Open Range.

Cold rainy NY morning here, finally getting around to watching the 2013 remake of Unforgiven with Ken Watanabe.

Who do you think would be a good choice to play Arthur Morgan if the game is ever adapted into a movie? My first thought is Daniel Craig, but I think he may be a little too old for the role now. Someone else I kind of had in mind is, now bear with me on this, Chris Hemsworth. He kind of looks like Roger Clark and he’s about the same age as the character. Plus he can do a southern accent.
What about the main character from Black Sails, I think he’s also in the Netflix Lost in Space show.

You should definitely check out The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. It's a beautiful and stylistic movie, you can really see how it influenced some of RDR2's visuals (especially the train robbery in Chapter 2).

You should definitely check out The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. It's a beautiful and stylistic movie, you can really see how it influenced some of RDR2's visuals (especially the train robbery in Chapter 2).

Now that is a heck of a movie. Just pray you don't get it when you play charades this Christmas!

Totally with respect, but I think Arthur is cut from rougher cloth than those two. I really like both Craig and Hemsworth, and they're great for their lanes, but they're still Hollywood pretty boys. Arthur is (to me, so this is all opinion) cut from the old school cloth of Charles Bronson, Lee Marvin, and guys that look more like their saddles than movie stars. I loved Jeff Bridges in True Grit because I thought he conveyed it well. I think Josh Brolin is the same. Tim Blake Nelson was great in Old Henry. You get the idea. I can't think of a movie star off of the top of my head saddle worn and trail hard enough to convey Arthur. If anyone was ever bold enough to make the game to movie conversion, it's gonna be the source of LOTS of debate. Just my $0.02.

What’s your experience with KG Hobby? Do they ship with the IOSS system?

Yes:

KGHobby Toys & Models

Admin
· November 11 ·

🇪🇺
we received a lot enquiry from EU customers on the new EU Tax Policy.
💶
Yes, KGHOBBY will send to EU With IOSS code.
📦
We will pre-paid the VAT and packages will be released from custom quickly !

Back