The gunslinger (outlaws of the west) 1:6 scale figure ? limtoys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well not what i was expecting today but i at least got the extra head sculpt, i ordered two years ago, looks pretty good shipping kinda scratched him up but oh well. Looks good i guess thank you R_R_X for always keeping it real over this production.
I doubt I’ll ever see the actual figure in my hands but a man could dream i suppose. View attachment 546375
Why you wont see the actual figure?

My Arthur arrived a bit early, so that was nice.

But I gotta say I'm rather disappointed with the final product, now that I have it in-hand. I've noticed in all the pictures, the hat sits high on the head, and the chest seemed rather big, I figured it was just bad futzing, but now that I have it in-hand ... nope, that's the way it is.

I understand there was already a discussion about how Rockstar placed his hat higher on his head during cutscenes and all that, but I don't agree with the decision to mimic that. Having it sit there as is, it looks goofy, sitting so high on his head. The high-hat look might look better in cutscenes, but in real life, looking at the entirety of the figure, the hat is too high on the head, in proportion to the entire look. I keep on looking at the figure and want to push the hat further down on his head, but I can't.

And he's got this thick upper body that's out of proportion with the lower half. He's got this V-shaped torso, like a body builder, not like a strongman. I think it's because the shoulders are actual ball-shaped joints, and not the oval-shaped joints that allow the arms to rest more easily at the sides. The chest restricts the shoulder movement. It's bad enough when clothing restricts articulation, but when the body itself restricts articulation, that's even worse. I took the jacket off to try and see if I could figure out how to make the shoulder joints work, and articulate them like I wanted, but now I dread putting the jacket back on because it was such a tight fit. And then even getting the jacket off didn't solve the problem

One of the hammers has come loose off the shotgun. I can peg it back into place, but it falls out with the slightest touch.

The panel on the side of the rifle fell off, so then the lever was loose and it eventually fell off. So I had to take the panel off and see how the lever attached to the internal mechanism to get it to fit securely so it wasn't loose. But I'm sure the panel will fall off again, and I have to repeat that whole process.

The lantern mechanism is extremely temperamental. It sort of lights up, not brightly, and not when I tighten it, it briefly lights up as I screw it in. But when it's fully tightened, it doesn't light up.

A boot spur was broken in the package. The actual spur itself was loose in the package. Same with the deputy star. At this point I'm not sure if I'm missing any accessories, but with the empty spots in the trays, and things jostling around, I can't be certain.

I feel like this whole figure is an example of "not seeing the forest for the trees". The hair sculpts are the closest thing I've seen to Hot Toys style, the crisp mold and that shimmering paint, the details on the boots, the wood grain on the guns. It really is packed with detail. But everything is so fragile that I'm afraid to handle it. Pieces have already broken off before I even took it out of the package. The body is detailed and muscular but the whole of it doesn't look right. He's got big ball-shaped shoulders that inhibit articulation and don't look like a realistic human being.

The thing about Hot Toys is ... these sorts of things don't happen. When I open a Hot Toys figure, there's not broken or loose accessories loose in the box. Things aren't falling off the figure. The tolerances on the hair/head is so tight that the paint dried on the head and is chipped just removing the hair. I read the instructions, about how you pry the hair apart to slip it back on the head, so you don't break the strands. This isn't that, the paint has dried and 'glued' itself to the hair, so when you pull the hair off, it pulls the paint off the headsculpt.

At this point, I'm worried about John Marston. If this was a character I actually wanted and cared about, I'd be a lot more disappointed.

The articulation of the body has to be addressed for the next figure. I've spent last night and this morning trying to futz with this thing, and I absolutely cannot get the shoulders/chest how I want it to look. I keep wanting to push the shoulders down to get a natural-looking slope and it just won't happen. And the more I futz with the figure, that's when parts are breaking or falling off.

Had I bought this from a retailer stateside I would probably ask for a straight-up return to get my money back, like I did with BBTS and the Asmus Gandalf, that figure was a mess. I'm hoping that KGHobby will at least be able to replace the accessories that have broken or fall apart.

Why you wont see the actual figure?
I don’t know dude, just seems like it’s always something, maybe another delay might happen, but I’m not even mad about it at this point. It’s not really anyone’s fault, it’s just that everything is screwed up these days because of covid and bigotry idk.

I mean it sucks I really do love Art-THE OUTLAW but like it’s a toy i mean what can you can do?
if fate really doesn’t want me to have it then oh well, whatever happens, happens.
EA174D60-1B3C-474C-8FEA-072911804D70.jpeg

The side plate on my rifle also did pop off, so be careful of that . I'm not sure, but it may be intentional as the firing mechanism details are molded inside. There is a pin inside that allows the lever to move/swivel on. Tip, i put a small bit of blue tack in there so it won't fall off by accident, but i can open whenever i want). Also be careful of the spurs as they are tiny and fragile. The way they are made to move, it is easy to knock them loose. I think it's more the nature of how delicate the item is. I had some boots from a tbleague figure and they also popped off and that had a separate pin for the spur to spin on.

I think it's a stretch to say hot toys doesn't have qc problems. I've had a few ht's with their own unique problems. Just that if you buy from Sideshow/SS retailer, you get parts replaced super easy. (not to mention all the stories we've seen/heard of flaking/ splitting / loose magnets)

Huzzah! KG package is in L.A now and schedule to be delivered to the Midwest on Monday!
How are you tracking it? The link/tracking number they gave me doesn't work. I've never ordered from them before so it's all new to me.

Swedish Heat tends to be more of the more negative people on these boards so I’d take all of that with a grain of salt, but stuff like is why working parts on weapons is insanely unnecessary.
While I'll wait to have it in hand to see for myself, I do agree most pictures with the hat on don't look right.

I don’t know dude, just seems like it’s always something, maybe another delay might happen, but I’m not even mad about it at this point. It’s not really anyone’s fault, it’s just that everything is screwed up these days because of covid and bigotry idk.
Calm down man. Where did you pre-order from again? I'm sure yours is on the way.

Calm down man. Where did you pre-order from again? I'm sure yours is on the way.
Definitely not twat origin but it’ll be another month or so until onesixthkit will get their second batch.
But i do know someday some how, kit chen will get this figure shipped to my house.

Definitely not twat origin but it’ll be another month or so until onesixthkit will get their second batch.
But i do know someday some how, kit chen will get this figure shipped to my house.
Dude, if you ordered from Kit, you're fine. Take a deep breath. It's coming. I ordered a second batch from Kit as well and I'll likely have it before the Toy Origin matter is settled. Don't worry. Relax. It's coming.

Received the figure + headsculpt from OSK last week, looks great to me. You can mess with the hat and angle of the head to get it looking pretty low. Only thing I would've preferred is double bend elbows for better posing with the bow and rifle, majority of us are not posing Arthur topless so the joints would never be visible!
20211119_002008.jpg

Nah, you'll get yours, man. Just look at it this way, at least it hasn't gotten stuck one province/state from where you live in a friggin' flood, like mine is. lol
Who knows, mine might be floating it's way out to Guarma as we speak. :rotfl
On the plus side, Lim is making a 2nd batch, so we'll get 'em...eventually!

Lol yeah, What if something happens to the transport that your package is traveling in? Like the plane crashes or a container on a ship goes overboard. I remember that story about those thousands of rubber ducks that fell off a container ship years ago. Those ducks are still turning up to this day, on beaches around the world, pretty crazy really.
I suppose someone will just find an Arthur Morgan figure washed up on the beach instead of a duck then. :rotfl

Back