The gunslinger (outlaws of the west) 1:6 scale figure ? limtoys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As i dont hold much hope for toy origins, i have pre-ordered the mid beard head from osk and the short hair from ebay. I can get a worldbox hairy body for him and kitbash the clothes, it was mainly the head i wanted.

I did as well. Nothing yet here. Bummed because I paid full price.
I think a lot of us did. As I've said previously, even if we get the figure from them, I don't think they're going to do anything in the way of quality control, as the retailers are being instructed to do by LIM. I'm almost wondering if it's better to cut my losses and just tell them to go scratch at this point.

I really don’t blame you. I’m upset as well, but I plan on just waiting it out with Toy Origin. I’ve already waited this long, might as well wait longer. The figure is definitely worth the wait though. If you can, I highly recommend a 2nd figure from Kit.

I only wish I had waited and ordered my two from them…

I got mine in great shape from Kit today too, it's a very nice figure. Be ready to spend some time with all the accessories it comes with. I would definitely get the mid beard sculpt, it's my personal favorite. I bought a few of the extra VTS accessories awhile back too and it's impossible to incorporate everything. The diorama campsite base is a nice touch.

Almost everything is really well done and I love some of the subtle details like the weathering and realistic looking fuses on the dynamite, the functioning lantern, and the realistic looking wood grain on the rifle. A couple minor nits, I wish the hands pegged in a bit more firmly and I really am fighting with the blue button up shirt to completely conceal the velcro. I had a couple things swimming around in the trays too but everything seems ok. Great job Lim Toys and thank you Kit Chen!

I really don’t blame you. I’m upset as well, but I plan on just waiting it out with Toy Origin. I’ve already waited this long, might as well wait longer. The figure is definitely worth the wait though. If you can, I highly recommend a 2nd figure from Kit.

I only wish I had waited and ordered my two from them…
Same I've waited this long might as well wait and see what happens with them, I'm hoping they pull through I really do.

I de-Djangoed my Kaustic Plastik figure because I don't like the film. I bought him because he was a western character, plus his outfit had been loosely inspired by Michael Landon's 'Little Joe' in Bonanza.

The KP sculpt wasn't that great, and I've often thought of changing the character into someone else. Trying Django's hat on various spare heads I found that it worked with LiM's hat hair. So, one more Arthur sculpt put to use.

The body that KP intended the clothing set to be used with was too tall for Jamie Foxx and too muscular to even get the jacket closed properly. I changed it at the time for the Prometheus 1.0 that Sideshow's first Lando was on, hence he's now a right-handed 'Little Joe'. :lol

51688991280_c90d17fc9b_c.jpg

100_1479.JPG

Attachments

• 100_1477.JPG
    100_1477.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 37
I’m currently making a custom John from the first game. Detailed Outfit and all. I made a slide deck for the outfit, headsculpt and all so that people who help me finish this project had proper references. It was pretty hard to nail all of the detail and I’m wondering if R_R_X / Limtoys are interested in the materials.
Oh btw this is my take on John Marston from the first game based on the vts offer

Attachments

• 17906BBE-A13F-4BB0-8A61-7A72CA50F9AE.jpeg
    17906BBE-A13F-4BB0-8A61-7A72CA50F9AE.jpeg
    65.8 KB · Views: 104
I’m currently making a custom John from the first game. Detailed Outfit and all. I made a slide deck for the outfit, headsculpt and all so that people who help me finish this project had proper references. It was pretty hard to nail all of the detail and I’m wondering if R_R_X / Limtoys are interested in the materials.
Oh btw this is my take on John Marston from the first game based on the vts offer
That's really cool. Did you sculpt on Zbrush or what? Do you have an account on artstation?

So I wrote to Toy Origin Monday morning asking for an explanation on what was going on with their stock of this figure. No response. Honestly need to napalm that company into oblivion.
Not sure if you saw my post Monday (this thread moves fast) I did finally receive a response from Paul. I know it's not much, but it's something. See below.
Toy Origin.png

Got both of my headsculpts last week and the tracking finally updated in my figures and their coming today! I ordered one from OSK and the other from Giantoy. I can’t wait, crazy how it’s been over two years waiting for this!

Not sure if you saw my post Monday (this thread moves fast) I did finally receive a response from Paul. I know it's not much, but it's something. See below.
View attachment 546330
I must have missed that. Thanks. At this point it feels like Kit is going to be sending out second batch before Toy Origin even gets their stock, what a crazy story.

Waiting on my mid-beard sculpt from kit. It says it's in LA so I'll probably see it on Saturday or next week. The figure is on his way so I'll see if it comes in next week. You guys who bought it from OSK and Gianttoy are lucky. Lol

Mine finally made it to my country, but now it's delayed due to massive flooding in the province it has to go through to get to me.
Thanks goodness Arthur knows how to swim. :lol
Lol yeah, What if something happens to the transport that your package is traveling in? Like the plane crashes or a container on a ship goes overboard. I remember that story about those thousands of rubber ducks that fell off a container ship years ago. Those ducks are still turning up to this day, on beaches around the world, pretty crazy really.

Well not what i was expecting today but i at least got the extra head sculpt, i ordered two years ago, looks pretty good shipping kinda scratched him up but oh well. Looks good i guess thank you R_R_X for always keeping it real over this production.
I doubt I’ll ever see the actual figure in my hands but a man could dream i suppose.
AC9D36DD-6E09-467A-AC1A-D431C1552601.jpeg

Back