The Force Awakens - Figure discussion (with SPOILERS!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only Poe figure I have any interest in is the x-wing flight suit version, what makes Poe great is his incredible skills as an attack pilot so I really hope that's the version we get.

And yes! Poe Flight Suit is THE version of him in the film. He was awesome in the final battle and it would be some silly paradox to have Finn and Poe on display with the same jacket. :lol

Would undermine a cool scene in the film.

Saw the movie yesterday and for the most part would only be interested in a Poe (X-Wing) and Luke figure. I was there for the opening of the original film and thought this one was better than ROTJ but not as good as ANH or ESB; I could certainly have done without the new super-weapon and related plot. We'll see how I feel after the release of the next films, I don't know enough about the characters yet.

Just came back from the movie, loved it, but I am glad I didn't pre-order anything nor do I think I will be getting any figures. Maybe in the next instalment, I want to see how Kylo Ren deploys (I am almost certain he aint dead).

Super happy I didnt pre-order Phasma, she looks cool but she literally had no screen time .. reminds me of boba fett.

I know it's opinions etc. and agree that Phasma screen time is disappointing but for me that doesn't make a difference when choosing what figure to buy. If a character A. looks good in design and/or B. looks awesome as part of a set, I'll buy it. I have the Starboost Ironman HT figure and that has about 4 seconds of screen time but I love the design.

I'm not getting SW HTs but I am collecting the Figuarts. Phasma is on order and she will look awesome with my three FO Stormies and Ren, regardless of her screen time.

Agreed. Lots of great figure designs in this movie to choose from. It's just a matter of what you want on display.

I'd like to keep this line really simple. Ren is ordered and Rey is pretty much a definite buy (likely with BB-8 since he's cheap). I have one Stormtrooper but could see myself selling it off to focus on main characters only. Han if they did him justice would be a near-certain buy. I would maybe consider Poe in the pilot uniform as I'm on the fence about the SS X-Wing Luke (and about having too many Luke figures in general) so that if done well would maybe satisfy that, but then If I get all those I'd probably need Finn for sure.

I think I'll go only as deep as Kylo, Stormtrooper, Rey (with BB-8) and maybe Han. Those 4 (5) max. And maybe just the villains to be honest. I have to see the movie again. But no Finn or Poe for me. Not yet anyway.

Definitely 100% in for Han. Rey with BB8 is a maybe but I wish they would have included headgear with goggles (not the full mask) that you can place on the unmasked head, and a lightsaber. And Kylo is a maybe too, but I would wait for an unmasked version that hopefully includes the mask as well.

I've sort of gone crazy on ordering TFA figures. I already have the regular Stormtrooper. And I've pre-ordered Kylo Ren, Phasma, and Rey w/ BB-8. I'm definitely getting Finn, but I'm still not sure whether to get the 2-pack or not. I'm definitely in for Poe and maybe Han Solo. I'm not sure what other figures would be released. I somehow doubt they would release Leia or Maz Kanata. General Hux?

And Kylo is a maybe too, but I would wait for an unmasked version that hopefully includes the mask as well.

My only fear about waiting, since they've increased their "edition size" on this one, is that I think the v2 unmasked Kylo might be missing his hood/cloak thing. Might be the look from the end of the film in the base... you know HT will leave something off, they always do.

That said, they may include the melted Vader mask. And that would be a must-have.

Captain Phasma was my biggest disappointment. Such a cool looking character only to be wrecked and thrown into garbage (trash compactor was it?). I thought she was going to be the Boba Fett of the new movies but she didn't even do anything in the movie. She had like 2 lines. This is a character they made solely to sell merchandise in my opinion. I'm glad I didn't buy any Phasma collectibles before watching this movie. Was tempted to pre-order the Hot Toys figure and buy the die-cast figurine from Disney Store but I don't see that happening now. What a shame, the character looks so cool.

Yeah. Capt. Phasma was a disappointment. All the hyped about her before the movie release. She did absolutely nothing in the movie! Hopefully she will redeem herself the next film. Wonder how many ppl will cancel Capt Phasma? :lol Already got Kylo Ren and Rey/BB8 preorder. Will get Finn down the line.

My only fear about waiting, since they've increased their "edition size" on this one, is that I think the v2 unmasked Kylo might be missing his hood/cloak thing. Might be the look from the end of the film in the base... you know HT will leave something off, they always do.

That said, they may include the melted Vader mask. And that would be a must-have.

Why did they do that with the edition size, anyway? Well...$$$, I suppose. But it surprised me. Have they ever done that before?

Yeah. Capt. Phasma was a disappointment. All the hyped about her before the movie release. She did absolutely nothing in the movie! Hopefully she will redeem herself the next film. Wonder how many ppl will cancel Capt Phasma? :lol Already got Kylo Ren and Rey/BB8 preorder. Will get Finn down the line.

I cancelled her. She was the only character in the movie I didn't like. She sounds incredibly wooden, thought she was a droid for a second. And what's with the gun? She's always holding that gun, even when she's in the hangar among her own troops. Completely insignificant character and absurdly overhyped prior to the film's release.

That's not fair. She did roll over like puppy when threatened by an old man and an ex-sanitation worker.

Captain Phasma was my biggest disappointment. Such a cool looking character only to be wrecked and thrown into garbage (trash compactor was it?). I thought she was going to be the Boba Fett of the new movies but she didn't even do anything in the movie. She had like 2 lines. This is a character they made solely to sell merchandise in my opinion. I'm glad I didn't buy any Phasma collectibles before watching this movie. Was tempted to pre-order the Hot Toys figure and buy the die-cast figurine from Disney Store but I don't see that happening now. What a shame, the character looks so cool.

Very disappointed in the character...we never got to see why she deserved the special uniform or what set her apart from the thousands of other Stormtroopers.

People! Check the book "Before the awakening"! It's an easy read and give us some more background for the main trio. It's a good complement to the movie.Also.. It's considered canon.

It seems that the Bluray might clear up a lot of plotholes in the movie, I don't really know how true the sources are. Just take it with a pinch of salt.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Deleted Scenes: 20 Scenes Cut From The Final Film
https://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-the-force-awkens-deleted-scenes/

Constable Zuvio has a part in the series and not just in toy form, though I'm still not getting him :lol

Phasma cancelled and ZERO interest in 90% of the troopers. Rey and Finn my only must haves right now- and Han when he is announced

Back