The Force Awakens - Figure discussion (with SPOILERS!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Skywalker or Kenobi, I think Rey had Jedi training (at Luke's academy) prior to her being left on Jakku. The training was repressed (whether willingly or forcibly) until she was ready to take up Anakin's lightsaber/her role as a Jedi. Knowing that she had prior knowledge of the Force would help explain the abilities that were seemingly suddenly granted to her.

I know that even though Lucas is no longer involved in any way, they still hold his word in high regard, at least to some extent. And he has repeatedly said that the entire Star Wars saga is about the Skywalker family, not the Kenobi's or anyone else.

That said, It's logical to assume that even though they scrapped all his possible ideas for the sequels, the basic premise of "Skywalker family drama" will always be the main focus in these films (with the exception of the stand-alone flicks, and even those will probably have a Skywalker cameo in them)

One way or another Rey has a direct link to the Skywalker bloodline, Maz tells her that Luke's & Anakin's old lightsaber CALLS to her. They're practically beating us over the head with these hints, guys. It's not as complicated as some are trying to make it.

Skywalker or Kenobi, I think Rey had Jedi training (at Luke's academy) prior to her being left on Jakku. The training was repressed (whether willingly or forcibly) until she was ready to take up Anakin's lightsaber/her role as a Jedi. Knowing that she had prior knowledge of the Force would help explain the abilities that were seemingly suddenly granted to her.

No Padawan is that good. She was at the oldest five or six. No normal five-year-old Padawan can defeat Kylo Ren, read his mind, mind-control Stormtroopers and see vivid visions of the past.

I agree that she probably had training as a small child but that in no way explains her outrageous power display in TFA.

No Padawan is that good. She was at the oldest five or six. No normal five-year-old Padawan can defeat Kylo Ren, read his mind, mind-control Stormtroopers and see vivid visions of the past.

I agree that she probably had training as a small child but that in no way explains her outrageous power display in TFA.

I didn't say it would completely explain Rey's powers, only that they would seem less far-fetched in the context of prior training. The way I see it, she knows what Jedis can do and so tries them to success (ie mind-tricking JB-007).

I know that even though Lucas is no longer involved in any way, they still hold his word in high regard, at least to some extent. And he has repeatedly said that the entire Star Wars saga is about the Skywalker family, not the Kenobi's or anyone else.

That said, It's logical to assume that even though they scrapped all his possible ideas for the sequels, the basic premise of "Skywalker family drama" will always be the main focus in these films (with the exception of the stand-alone flicks, and even those will probably have a Skywalker cameo in them)

One way or another Rey has a direct link to the Skywalker bloodline, Maz tells her that Luke's & Anakin's old lightsaber CALLS to her. They're practically beating us over the head with these hints, guys. It's not as complicated as some are trying to make it.

Then whose is she?

She obviously isn't the child of Han or Leia, and her being Luke's daughter makes no sense either. Both Han and Leia would have recognized her, and the timeline for Luke abandoning her is off by a decade or so.

Not really. Ridley using her native Brit accent was an aesthetic choice settled on by Abrams and herself. She did read with an American accent (like Boyega) in early rehearsals but it was decided that her own accent actually worked better for the character. Again fans are (probably) reading way too much into it.

Oh come on - you can't see it? Alec Guiness was BRITISH. Daisy Ridley is BRITISH. Surely that means their characters must be directly RELATED.:lol

As far as her parentage goes, for me there are only two feasible options:

1. She has no father because she is a reincarnation of Anakin Skywalker and another immaculate conception. There's a theory I read that makes alot of interesting points, the main one being that Rey's 19 years prior to her awakening in TFA were a form of purgatory for Anakin in that Rey/Anakin was stranded on a planet filled with sand (which Anakin despised), forced to work for scraps (Anakin hated slavery) and ripped away from family (Anakin never got over losing his mother). It would definitely explain her ridiculously advanced Jedi abilities that literally manifested over the course of one night. Snoke's speech about "There's been an awakening, the Dark Side and The Light" would fit given that Anakin represents both Light and Dark and has now awakened via Rey. The lightsaber calling to her bit also works better this way.

2. She's Luke's daughter.

But... Kylo Ren is a cocky but whiny dark-sider prone to brooding and angry hissy fits. Wouldn't he be a better candidate for Anakin reincarnated?

Han and Leia adopted him because Leia force-recognized her Vah-der (hey, she even saw him at the Ewok barbeque, but only in the Special Edition.):dunno

Then whose is she?

She obviously isn't the child of Han or Leia, and her being Luke's daughter makes no sense either. Both Han and Leia would have recognized her, and the timeline for Luke abandoning her is off by a decade or so.

She could be illegitimate for all we know. We're only making assumptions; Luke could've had a daughter that he didn't know even existed, for whatever reasons his wife's pregnancy was kept secret, etc. who knows.

But what I do know is this: the SW saga is about the Skywalkers, and the generations of Skywalkers that follow, and we must proceed with that fact in mind

She could be illegitimate for all we know. We're only making assumptions; Luke could've had a daughter that he didn't know even existed, for whatever reasons his wife's pregnancy was kept secret, etc. who knows.

But what I do know is this: the SW saga is about the Skywalkers, and the generations of Skywalkers that follow, and we must proceed with that fact in mind
To be fair, Kylo is a Skywalker by blood. Solo by name. So they can continue that trend with the villain filling those shoes and Rey being a Kenobi to reignite that historical conflict.

Will Hot Toys Luke EP7 get a lightsaber you think? I mean we don't see it on screen. Can we assume he still has the green one? But if it's not seen can HT do it??????

For all those thinking that Rey "picked up" on the Force powers too quickly, remember... There was no safety buffer or step by step given to Luke when Ben begins to train him. He famously tossed him the sabre and said hey, this thing was your father's see what you think of it. Just a short while later he got him BLINDFOLDED and asked to defend against the Attacks of the remote. It's not about leaning a corse of study, it's about TRUSTING your feelings, FEELING the Force, ALLOWING it to GIUDE your actions and obey your commands.

Luke's issues, which were actually brilliantly brought out in ANH, were that he was too tied to the mundanities of his life, bogged down by his Uncle's philosophies and pragmatism to allow himself to "let go". Later, with the death of Owen and removal of all to which he was previously tethered, he swings in the opposite direction. His thirst for adventure, excitement (a Jedi craves not these things) similarly impede his deliverance to the nature of the Force to the point that Yoda fears he is untrainable. These personal elements within Luke are some of what makes him such a compelling character.

Now, flash forward to Rey. She is an absolute NATURAL. she is PATIENT in her meager situation on Jakku , putting up with a demeaning job and boss waiting for her family, she is CALM in the face of great danger, she is DESCIPLINED in all that she does and in the way that she's taught herself so many technical skills. With all of these qualities (and extreme hotness on top of it all), and the Force lineage that we'll soon see, the real wonder is that she's not already at MASTER level.

Keep in mind, there wasn't always a Jedi "Academy" at the top of a Jedi temple on Courasant. There had to have been Force sensitive individuals who came before who built all of that. I think Rey could be the new Chosen One with Luke as the new Yoda...

Excuse the etiquette breach in quoting myself, but I just found this montage that goes hand in hand with the (brilliant) point I was attempting to make above...

Cheers!

Back