The Force Awakens - Figure discussion (with SPOILERS!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After seeing the film yesterday night, the only figure I truely want from TFA is this:

Bazine.jpg

12088437_857566474358377_7206610151302661433_n.jpg

bazine_netal___the_perfect_weapon_by_joehoganart-d9j048v.jpg

She´s really hot and deserves more screen appearance. :wink1:

IMO the rest of the film is not worthwhile discussing. The main characters are very bad and uninspired copies of OT (new Yoda with giant glasses but no wisdom, new Vader with no natural authority, new Emperor with Gollum smile, lightsabers that call their owners as seen in Hardy Porter and so on).

Most annoying thing is that Rey (i.e. new Luke, new Han and new Leia) can use the force without even knowing a single minute of training. She beats everyone with a snap of her fingers ... :slap

I hope for the new films to come, but will not support TFA in any way by buying one of these ridiculous characters from HT ... :mad::mad::mad:

What are you talking about? Han sacrificed himself to prevent fully losing his son to the dark side. Ben told him he had to do it and to have done it himself would have pushed him over the edge completely to the dark. Han ignited the lightsaber to save Ben from having to do it. Its not unlike the Emperor pushing Luke to kill his father. I guess that's kind of the ultimate test for the dark side. Had Han not died, who knows what punishment Snoke would have handed down on Ben. Sacrificing himself bought Ben more time. Han went out a hero, doing whatever he could to save his son - which is what Ford wanted for the character in the end.

BM, Do you know that from source? That's interesting as I'd not thought about Han actually igniting the saber, but Kylo didn't react in a way that would say "oh ****, I didn't do that", maybe Han did with the hand on the face part, but you would have thought that if Kylo didn't mean for that to happen, he would have reacted and tried to catch him maybe?

I loved the movie on the first watch. Will see again in a few weeks after I digest it fully. There are great points on all sides of the initial reactions and everyone seems a bit "I liked it....but..." Two things really irked me: Rey seemed a little too "on the money" with the Force. Just thought that could have been played better. Her battle with Kylo should have been a lucky win what, with the planet imploding and him with a quarrel in his gut. I accept that she had to win, but it seemed flawless. Finn's turn with the lightsaber seemed a bit more genuien reaction wise to "OMG I just picked this thing up!" She didn't get as much as a scratch. Anywhoo, that didn't take me out of the movie, what did was that Leia and Chewie seemed to walk right past each other when they returned from Starkiller WITH NO HAN! Maybe it's on the extended version, but it needed to be in the film I think to drive the emotion of Han being lost.
...my 2 cents, worth prolly less.

BM, Do you know that from source? That's interesting as I'd not thought about Han actually igniting the saber, but Kylo didn't react in a way that would say "oh ****, I didn't do that", maybe Han did with the hand on the face part, but you would have thought that if Kylo didn't mean for that to happen, he would have reacted and tried to catch him maybe?

I loved the movie on the first watch. Will see again in a few weeks after I digest it fully. There are great points on all sides of the initial reactions and everyone seems a bit "I liked it....but..." Two things really irked me: Rey seemed a little too "on the money" with the Force. Just thought that could have been played better. Her battle with Kylo should have been a lucky win what, with the planet imploding and him with a quarrel in his gut. I accept that she had to win, but it seemed flawless. Finn's turn with the lightsaber seemed a bit more genuien reaction wise to "OMG I just picked this thing up!" She didn't get as much as a scratch. Anywhoo, that didn't take me out of the movie, what did was that Leia and Chewie seemed to walk right past each other when they returned from Starkiller WITH NO HAN! Maybe it's on the extended version, but it needed to be in the film I think to drive the emotion of Han being lost.

:goodpost:

This! You are definitely right! IMO Rey´s allmighty allure is the main weakness of the film. Remember how weak and passive Luke was in the beginning of OT. He was taught a lesson, but could fairly practice it. That´s how tense is created in a novel or a movie. Rey, however, can use mind control without knowing anything and of course, she´s able to use a light saber from first moment on to beat a Jedi trained in the dark side of the force. :mad: :slap

Yes, it was a bit odd, to say the least. I mean, what really happened between Kylo freezing her arm behind her back and then doing the Dark City on her, to her being strapped to the interrogation chair? All of a sudden, within a few beats of the movie, she has become one with the Force! She was scarred ****less at the temple!

Sorry :lol. It was an interesting idea and one that would have been cool to see unfold.

LoL. no worries. I saw it again tonight, and im 100% convinced now she is Luke's daughter. There is no way she would be that powerful with little training and not be a Skywalker plus the connection with the lightsaber. The question is who is her mother...

I havent read enough of the treads so not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but i noticed tonight during her vision scene when Luke's hand touches R2 you hear Yoda's voice talking about the Force which sounded like the ESB dialogue of Luke's training. Just another hint she can see Luke through the saber.

The other thing i saw tonight i didnt see the first time was C-3PO has his gold arm back at the very end when Rey and Chewie take off in the Falcon to go find Luke :)

The source is the movie. Its very clear that's what happens once you figure out what Ben is asking Han for help with. He's not asking him for help coming back to the light. He's asking him to help him kill him. That's why Ben isn't shocked by it. He was asking for Han to do it for him. Its a very Snape and Dumbledore type of situation. What's on the surface isn't really what's going down. It wasn't obvious during my first viewing, but it was very clear my second time around once I knew what was going to happen. As it turns out, Han stabs first too!

As far as Leia and Chewie not exchanging anything, I think Chewie was still really effected by the whole situation and once his duties of getting them home were accomplished, he just needed some alone time to grieve and take everything in. Plus Leia already knew thanks to her limited Force powers.

Still not convinced Rey is Luke's daughter however. She was definitely old enough to remember her father, no matter what name he was going by. So she should have said "Dad?" or something when Luke turned around. Unless, of courses, she too never knew her father and that was her mother's grave Luke was standing over.

I read somewhere someone had said in the EU learned force knowledge could have been transferred when Kylo tried to read her mind. That this happened in another story somewhere. Not sure about that being a fact or not, but it sure makes sense. Otherwise, it was rather silly of her to know about how the Force can work...except from hearing some stories, myths.

The source is the movie. Its very clear that's what happens once you figure out what Ben is asking Han for help with. He's not asking him for help coming back to the light. He's asking him to help him kill him. That's why Ben isn't shocked by it. He was asking for Han to do it for him. Its a very Snape and Dumbledore type of situation. What's on the surface isn't really what's going down. It wasn't obvious during my first viewing, but it was very clear my second time around once I knew what was going to happen. As it turns out, Han stabs first too!

As far as Leia and Chewie not exchanging anything, I think Chewie was still really effected by the whole situation and once his duties of getting them home were accomplished, he just needed some alone time to grieve and take everything in. Plus Leia already knew thanks to her limited Force powers.

Still not convinced Rey is Luke's daughter however. She was definitely old enough to remember her father, no matter what name he was going by. So she should have said "Dad?" or something when Luke turned around. Unless, of courses, she too never knew her father and that was her mother's grave Luke was standing over.

she is too powerful not to be a Skywalker in my mind. Thats why im convinced she is a Skywalker. Plus the connection to the lightsaber. Also i can't see them making this too complex or trying to trick us. There were hints in ANH about Luke being Vader's son, and I think they are following the same idea with Rey and Luke as well. Does he know her or how can she not remember him, there is no way of knowing right now.

Honestly R2 is the only one that knows everything. :p

Well the EU is non-cannon now, so I'm doubtful of that. If it was true, why didn't Yoda just do that with his countless padawans over the course of 800 years? And even if it was only a one time thing, surely he would have tried to pass it along to Luke?

I think as the title suggests, there was an awakening. Its possible Rey is the fabled "Chosen one" as the Force seems to come to her so naturally and quickly (neither Anakin or Luke were this gifted so early). Perhaps she will bring balance to the Force, along with Ben, to be able to freely use both the light and dark sides in perfect harmony rather than the black and white nature of the Sith and Jedi. The Sith and Jedi don't have exclusive rights to the force, but they're just the ones most trained in the ways of the Force. Its possible by the end of episode 9 we won't have any Jedi or Sith but something else entirely, a third party as it were.

I guess someone should check Rey's midichlorian level to she were she ranks :lol

Yeah, I'll have to see it again. Not sure I buy that and the thing with Chewie and Leia is just odd...you can put to it what you will.
I think it would be an interesting twist for Rey not to be a Skywalker. They telegraphed a lot of stuff in the movie while still keeping a great deal shrouded. Her lineage seems rather telegraphed as well.

Well the EU is non-cannon now, so I'm doubtful of that. If it was true, why didn't Yoda just do that with his countless padawans over the course of 800 years? And even if it was only a one time thing, surely he would have tried to pass it along to Luke?

I think as the title suggests, there was an awakening. Its possible Rey is the fabled "Chosen one" as the Force seems to come to her so naturally and quickly (neither Anakin or Luke were this gifted so early). Perhaps she will bring balance to the Force, along with Ben, to be able to freely use both the light and dark sides in perfect harmony rather than the black and white nature of the Sith and Jedi. The Sith and Jedi don't have exclusive rights to the force, but they're just the ones most trained in the ways of the Force. Its possible by the end of episode 9 we won't have any Jedi or Sith but something else entirely, a third party as it were.

I guess someone should check Rey's midichlorian level to she were she ranks :lol

Well said. I like your thinking on this.

I told my wife that when Yoda and Ben were talking about Luke being their last hope Yoda said, "no there is another". Most people assumed that to be Leah, but perhaps there was another line. It seems to me Rey is Luke's daughter? They played his theme with her a couple times. Confusing.

Saw the movie tonight and loved it. Sure there were a ton of plot holes, coincidences, and impossible saves but what movie of this type doesn't have them. It's not a cerebral meditation on the human condition, it's a blinkin' space fantasy. The great thing is that it brought back the fun of ANH and set the franchise on a direction that most fans will enjoy and embrace. Everyone's expectations were sky high and you can never please all the people, especially the OT snobs who went in looking for things to hate or complain about. The movie is for a new generation and today's global audience not 1977's US-based market.

Anyway I'm going to be in for a bunch of figures.
Rey/BB, Finn, Poe, old Han, old Leia, old Luke for sure. I've got some troopers already but still need to order Phasma and a couple of the other versions. I was going to order Kylo Ren, but will now probably wait for a DX masked/unmasked with battle damage. Will also want Hux and Maz. We'll see what else pops up. I'm not sure HT is going to be keen on producing too many single-use alien bodies, so maybe those will come from Sideshow.

Well said. I like your thinking on this.

I told my wife that when Yoda and Ben were talking about Luke being their last hope Yoda said, "no there is another". Most people assumed that to be Leah, but perhaps there was another line. It seems to me Rey is Luke's daughter? They played his theme with her a couple times. Confusing.

Well back then, it was definitely Leia since there were no plans for any other future movies.

like I said after seeing it twice, I felt a much stronger connection of Luke being Rey's father. I watched that vision sequence much more carefully the 2nd Time and listened to Maz more carefully too. She tells Rey to take the saber and to go find Luke. Maz knows Luke, when Han asked her how did she get the lightsaber and she said "thats a story for another time", to me I think it will be just like what ObiWan did with Anakins saber, he kept it for his child. So Maz was to hold onto the saber for Luke's child as well. I dont think they will come up with some complex story with crazy surprises. They will stick to the lineage.

The Skywalker bloodline is Star Wars. I can't imagine they will change that. Ill be shocked if they do change it.

I don't think that theme is Luke's so much as the current "new hope's" theme now.

I will admit there was a great deal linking her to Luke, so I wouldn't at all be surprise if she was his daughter. I still think its vague enough they could play it either way at this point. I think is all but guaranteed episode 8 will give us a new "I am your Father" moment with her (I am your cousin, perhaps?). She was hidden for a reason and that reason isn't entirely clear right now. Clearly someone knew she was going to be strong with the Force and hid her away (and wiser than Obi-Wan didn't let her keep her surname). Her story greatly parallels Luke, so whatever the reason for her family abandonment, its going to be important. Unless her memory was altered, she was old enough in the flashback to remember her family so I'm thinking her family reveal will be more a surprise to the audience rather than to her.

Also, is any one else wondering why Luke has such a clearly mechanical hand now when in ESB/RotJ he had a very realistic replacement one?

When she was captured Kylo did preform a test. Here's a leaked portion of the scene cut from the script:

Kylo: "Ok, just put the blood sample into the communicator thingy here... and wait a bit... and..."

Stormtrooper: "And what, what do the readings say about her midichlorian level?"

Kylo: " It's... it's.... it's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAND!"

Stormtrooper: "WHAT? NINE THOUSAND? There's no way that can be right! She's totally gonna kick your butt later!

Kylo: "Argaragargraga!" *Throws fit*

....If this film had been directed by George Lucas, the 'fans' would be out with pitchforks howling about the clunky dialog, poor sequential story telling, and the whiny, limp-wristed, emo-hipster villain Kylo Ren. It's freaking hilarious to see Abrams put out a movie with more issues than Phantom Menace. All that said, I did enjoy it, it just happens to be my seventh favorite Star Wars film.

The one twist I could only see them doing is that she's related to ObiWan instead. in the vision, ObiWan says "Rey" at the very beginning of the vision which is confirmed Ewan McGregor did the voice for it.....However it still might mean she is seeing visions from the Skywalker bloodline because she is a Skywalker, but the big twist would be is she is seeing everything Skywalker related because ObiWan watched over all of it as well.

SPOILERS: Another HUGE Cameo In STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS Revealed

....If this film had been directed by George Lucas, the 'fans' would be out with pitchforks howling about the clunky dialog, poor sequential story telling, and the whiny, limp-wristed, emo-hipster villain Kylo Ren. It's freaking hilarious to see Abrams put out a movie with more issues than Phantom Menace. All that said, I did enjoy it, it just happens to be my seventh favorite Star Wars film.
Yeah, all of us that love Star Wars wanted the Phantom Menace and the prequels to suck b/c we hate George Lucas. *rolls eyes*

Back