The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Armory with Bruce Wayne Collectible Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still on the boat that says they no longer have the TDK/Joker license so they've been doing everything BUT Joker the past few years.

1. Re-release the QS TDKR Batman but doesn't re-release the QS Joker
2. DX19 but not a single DX11 2.0
3. Update Catwoman + Bane
4. New TDKR Armory/TDKR Suit/Bruce Wayne

Still not a single Joker in sight. With Inart having the Joker license only for China, I feel like Hot Toys no longer has the rights for TDK so all they do is a ****** 11 year old reissue of Batman Begins and milk the **** out of TDKR. Pretty much do everything but TDK because they can't.

Yup, exactly. Been saying this for years.

In the past, every Batman release was usually accompanied with a Joker of some kind. Not any more.

Bruce looks more like Clayface pretending to be Bruce, weird face and those fingers; yikes.

Legs looks awful and fake too.

So this one comes with no cope or mouth pieces? :lol
DX19 owners clammerig to also add this to their collections have used up all the cope.

I was intrigued with the thought of this for maybe 30 seconds- but a 43cm height won't fit on my Nolan shelf next to my InArt Joker Jail scene and I won't move anything else around to accommodate an armoury that I don't particularly care for- TDK is better imo, the sculpt is creepy and they've opted for that derpy, gormless, open-mouth expression once again, which I don't think has ever resulted in an favourable end result, Bale is way too buff and I don't ever think of Batman chilling out in shorts. Add that all up along with the behemoth price and I'm more than happy to keep waiting for InArt to provide me with my first ever Baleman figure.

Last edited:
I have the DX19, I am not really intrigued to buy this release. I still consider it a b**** move by Hot Toys though. I am more than happy to wait for inArt, if they deliver on an even better level than they did with their Joker, then I consider ordering another iteration of the TDK/TDKR suit. This release does not give me any FOMO.

If they felt that because of inart, there would be a Joker release by now.

No this is something else. How about instead of the Dark Knight suit for the 1000th time, you do a Begins suit do-over? If any figure needed to be done from the ground up, it’s that one. Instead, they do another Dark Knight while stores have the DX19 and QS19 in stock. It doesn’t make sense.

The Bruce with leg brace is weird too. So it’s a statue, not a figure. I hate Dark Knight Rises with a passion but I was kind of looking forward to him with the suit and cane.

View attachment 634289

Such a weird company. I mean, we all knew the Armory was coming, but I didn’t think they’d try and throw their newly released DX19 and QS19 under the bus to show case a preposed statue and photoshopped batsuit pics with no image of him inside the cowl.

Bizarre.
I don’t want them to do the Begins suit again. They have failed multiple times. they don’t deserve the DC license anymore. I still want a great Begins suit, but not from hot toys. I have 0 trust in them.

I kind of understand the complaints regarding this coming out when the DX19 was recently released but at the same time not everyone wants this complete set. Plus while this has improvements I thought the DX19 was relatively well liked.

I kind of understand the complaints regarding this coming out when the DX19 was recently released but at the same time not everyone wants this complete set. Plus while this has improvements I thought the DX19 was relatively well liked.
I dunno, I expect the "DX" figure to be the best one. This is exactly what they did with Mando. Realse one then relase an "improved" and more accurate one not long after. And then they put the new and improved version in a stupid expensive bundle.

Really tired of the BS Hot Toys gets away with.

I will get this for sure if under 500 USD, as seems the case. I don't have a batman yet as I was waiting for something more than just Bale in the suit, and here we are. All looks fine to me. This will be better value than the Inart I'm very confident.

I passed on the DX19 and I'll pass on this too.
The Bruce sculpt is terrifying and the integration of the posable eyes is the worst part.
Dwight.JPG

Patiently waiting on Inart's take....:wave

I dunno, I expect the "DX" figure to be the best one. This is exactly what they did with Mando. Realse one then relase an "improved" and more accurate one not long after. And then they put the new and improved version in a stupid expensive bundle.

Really tired of the BS Hot Toys gets away with.
But it isn’t like this is just a straight reissue. This is for the fan that wants everything. I could see being more upset over a reissue of just the Batman figure.

Also people buy stuff so Hot Toys continues to produce products. They’re not “getting away” with anything. No one is forced to buy their products.

Last edited:
But it isn’t like this is just a straight reissue. This is for the fan that wants everything. I could see being more upset over a reissue of just the Batman figure.

Also people buy stuff so Hot Toys makes it. They’re not “getting away” with anything. No one is forced to buy their products.
Yeah but coming out with a new version with "movie-accurate fine details" (which is what these figures are supposed to have in the first place btw) so soon is just spitting in the face of the people that bought the DX19 imo. For people that buy these figures for the accuracy to the movies your DX19 just isn't it anymore, and now you gotta shell out $500 for the better version.

If this was a few years down the road, sure, whatever. But it's barely even been a year.

And yes, I'm well aware that there are people that just eat whatever **** is shovelled down their throat.

No one is forced to buy it but plenty of people that just got the DX19 not too long ago now likely wont be satisfied with that figure, Hot Toys know what they are doing.

Yeah but coming out with a new version with "movie-accurate fine details" (which is what these figures are supposed to have in the first place btw) so soon is just spitting in the face of the people that bought the DX19 imo. For people that buy these figures for the accuracy to the movies your DX19 just isn't it anymore, and now you gotta shell out $500 for the better version.

If this was a few years down the road, sure, whatever. But it's barely even been a year.

And yes, I'm well aware that there are people that just eat whatever **** is shovelled down their throat.

No one is forced to buy it but plenty of people that just got the DX19 not too long ago now likely wont be satisfied with that figure, Hot Toys know what they are doing.
Hot Toy’s motto: Wait for us to do the character 5 times before you get the most accurate and definitive version. We’re a new company, this takes a few attempts.

Oh and here’s a reissue of the 11 year old Batman Begins figure with zero improvements.

I see both sides here.

As a DX19 owner, yes it is disappointing to see HT make a likely "improved" version so soon after that figure released. Especially considering that figure is readily available and it's obvious this "remake" is not because of secondary market prices. Granted this new version won't be out for another 2-3 years, so DX19 is the best version there is.

Now I think the real reason HT is doing this now is the get ahead of the inevitable InArt Christian Bale Batman, which they have listed as part of their phase one releases. It is nice to finally see a company scare HT into losing business and resulting in HT to up their game a bit. So in that regard I think it is good for the hobby.

Now me personally, I am very happy with my DX19 and will pass on this new version, but I will consider the InArt version since I have been very impressed with their first release and their other prototypes up for pre-order.

Back