The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Armory with Bruce Wayne Collectible Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t buy it it, not for the DC product anyway.

If something is close to selling out, why notify people/potential customers that it’s close to selling out instead of just letting it happen naturally? If there’s a set number and allotment now for preorders, then why do they need to implement an image like “ALMOST GONE” on an item?

It’s to make more people pull the trigger.
Of course it's to make ppl pull the trigger. Doesn't make it any less true that they may be nearing the end of the amount they've ordered.

Before, I would have agreed that it's just FOMO tactics. I think you listing all those DC releases still in-stock actually proves the point most are making. Sideshow (and presumably HT) don't want to have all that extra stock lying around anymore waiting to be sold at deep discounts. With more and more recent releases, it's starting to appear to not be a FOMO tactic any more with items selling out before and/or during final production release.

Of course it's to make ppl pull the trigger. Doesn't make it any less true that they may be nearing the end of the amount they've ordered.

Before, I would have agreed that it's just FOMO tactics. I think you listing all those DC releases still in-stock actually proves the point most are making. Sideshow (and presumably HT) don't want to have all that extra stock lying around anymore waiting to be sold at deep discounts. With more and more recent releases, it's starting to appear to not be a FOMO tactic any more with items selling out before and/or during final production release.

The DX19, JL Black Superman vs Knightmare Batman and Sonar Suit Batman had the “Almost Gone” status during preorder phase right around the time they were shipping and look at those now . . .

How about the Deluxe The Batman? That’s been “Almost Gone”/“Low Stock Status” for 5 months now.

We’ll see but I really don’t see this being a case of something like say, Shiny Attack of the Clones Clone Trooper. I’m calling Sideshow’s bluff now. Besides, we have no idea how often people cancel after Hot Toys miss the ETA date and get their full NRD back because they end up liking a dozen other preorders that have gone up since then.

Last edited:
Its a scare tactic they use to get your money. Most of these HT releases are going to sit on their shelves with a 40% off discount 5 months after release
I thought so too at first, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Hot Toys is making smaller batches now to offset the overstock from a couple years ago. Look at recent releases like Cad Bane, Andrew Garfield Spidey, Crosshair, Barc Speeder clones, etc. They sold out during pre-order and haven't gone back in stock. And have been "released" for a bit now.

I thought so too at first, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Hot Toys is making smaller batches now to offset the overstock from a couple years ago. Look at recent releases like Cad Bane, Andrew Garfield Spidey, Crosshair, Barc Speeder clones, etc. They sold out during pre-order and haven't gone back in stock. And have been "released" for a bit now.
I see what youre saying. Maybe it depends on the release as well. How many Bale Batmans have they released compared to how many Garfield Spidermans?

Yup this is very true. Not so much a fomo tactic anymore. I’ve missed out on a good handful of Star Wars figures b/c I didn’t pay any mind to the low stock warning. Now I’m on the Waitlist for 3 figures that have already been released that I’m pretty sure won’t convert at this point. Sure, it won’t happen to every release but it’s becoming more and more common that figures are beginning to waitlist and subsequently sell out before or right at release.
I totally agree with you. This isn't FOMO. HT is making less product now because SS simply can't move product they've had in stock for awhile now (Armorer, anyone?). So it just makes sense for HT to produce less. Maybe when the world economy improves, the market will open up and they can produce larger quantities. But until then, they've made a believer out of me ;)

Just put in a PO, this is my first non Star Wars figure in years. I don’t want to miss out on this like I did Cad Bane. I hope to order the rooted hair Joker and if not I’d be happy with the sculpted hair version. Will probably get Bane as well.

Pre-ordered this myself finally. It was almost gone so I said **** it and got one.
Batman Thumbs Up GIF

Why haven’t they shown the masked head yet? Are they going to wait for InArt to show theirs? This’ll probably still be in the preorder phase by the time they show theirs.

FOMO. Its like the toilet paper fiasco during the COVID lock downs..

Amen!

Between all that toilet paper we had stocked up, the had sanitizer, and the bottled water, our family could have been fresh as a daisy for decades :ROFLMAO:

I may pick up just the armory in a few years down the road when all the hype is gone. I'm not altogether sold on the water effects for the new armory, nor the sweaty Bruce statue, so I'll just hold onto my money for now and see how it all pans out.

I pulled my old DX figure out of the back of the Detolf shelf yesterday to pose next to my Inart Joker, and it reminded me how much I despise this suit. While this figure is an improvement to the DX, it's still not a good look for Batman, and I won't spend any more money updating or improving it.

Why did they use such a crummy design on such a great movie and character? They should have have stuck with that awesome Begins suit. Bah.

Back