The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With Din looking on:

will-ferrell-east-bound-and-down.gif

Why. Why do I always have to be so goddamn negative all the time??

I love Boba Fett. His 3 episodes on The Mandalorian were the best television I'd seen in years. I've been really hyped for this show.....

But...this trailer did nothing for me. I guess it's just me. I'm a broken human being.

All I could focus on was the stuff I didn't like.....a fake CGI B'Omarr Monk skittering rapidly across the sand like an insect. Why did they have to do that? We KNOW how B'Omarr Monks look and move. We saw it in 1983. There was no need to do that any more than there was a need to make Ewoks blink.

I hope there's some kind of emotional anchor to the story, like Mando and his bond with the child, cause without it, I don't know what the point is.

The trailer did not get me super pumped either. I have no doubt it'll be good, but there was a lot of set up in the trailer. From the first episode only maybe? I suspect they are holding a lot back.

Fett going the honorable route is cool..

Ming-Na Wen is gonna rock it, as always. That woman is oh-so-fine!

I'm the exact opposite!! As soon as I saw the B'Omarr Monk skittering I got all giddy...:blissy

I think this looks great. After watching the trailer I now have more excitement for this than Mando s3!!

All I could focus on was the stuff I didn't like.....a fake CGI B'Omarr Monk skittering rapidly across the sand like an insect. Why did they have to do that? We KNOW how B'Omarr Monks look and move. We saw it in 1983. There was no need to do that any more than there was a need to make Ewoks blink.

The original didn't move smoothly because it was a puppet, so I'd rather they make use of currently available technology so the universe is as immersive as possible. :)

Hmm not a lot of wow factor with this trailer. The first Mando teaser was much more exciting. Not a fan of Fett walking around helmetless every where he goes. I did like the overall aesthetic though and the jittery stop motion-esque B'Omarr Monk made me smile.

The original didn't move smoothly because it was a puppet, so I'd rather they make use of currently available technology so the universe is as immersive as possible. :)

View attachment 543662

That's exactly what I'm getting at. It immediately takes you out of the immersion in a microsecond cause your brain processes it super fast and says "That's just a drawing. In 1983, there was an actual puppet on the set."

The best example of this was in AOTC during that absolutely ludicrous droid factory scene, where C-3PO is apparently made of Gumby-like clay, and bends and contorts and flops in all manner of movements that we know is physically impossible. We KNOW Anthony Daniels can barely move in his plastic outfit, so seeing C-3PO run around and grab things and being agile immediately registers as WRONG in brains.

Same effect with the Monk. I wish they hadn't used that as an opening shot for the trailer cause it started it all off on a sour note for me.

That's exactly what I'm getting at. It immediately takes you out of the immersion in a microsecond cause your brain processes it super fast and says "That's just a drawing. In 1983, there was an actual puppet on the set."

The best example of this was in AOTC during that absolutely ludicrous droid factory scene, where C-3PO is apparently made of Gumby-like clay, and bends and contorts and flops in all manner of movements that we know is physically impossible. We KNOW Anthony Daniels can barely move in his plastic outfit, so seeing C-3PO run around and grab things and being agile immediately registers as WRONG in brains.

Same effect with the Monk. I wish they hadn't used that as an opening shot for the trailer cause it started it all off on a sour note for me.
Is it really THAT big of a deal? It was on screen in the BACKGROUND for like 3 seconds 40 years ago :lol

I'm somewhere in the middle on this one. I've been hyped for the show but what we all have wanted to see is Boba Fett in his prime during the days of ESB.

Trailer looks okay, but it seems like this will be more average fare and nothing too special.

Yup the Monk should remain a slow moving character.

The only thing that I can come up with is that the one from ROTJ is the grandfather oldsmobile version and this one in the trailer is the grandson fast and the furious Skyline GT version lol

The only thing that I can come up with is that the one from ROTJ is the grandfather oldsmobile version and this one in the trailer is the grandson fast and the furious Skyline GT version lol
Or it was just casually walking through a corridor and had no reason to be going fast :lol

Is it really THAT big of a deal? It was on screen in the BACKGROUND for like 3 seconds 40 years ago :lol

I'm only in my 30's and I remember people whining and moaning about Ewoks, then the PT after. Even the ST complaints are still fresh in my mind but THAT nitpick may be the silliest one I've EVER heard from a Star Wars fan. I just can't with this fandom anymore:lol

First it was the Gamorrean Guards now even the B'Omarr Monks are in better shape than Boba, lol.

Back