The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup the Monk should remain a slow moving character.

Or it was just casually walking through a corridor and had no reason to be going fast :lol

What if ice-cream maker guy was seen walking, and not running. :panic:

Stuff like that would destroy Star Wars and break the internet.

giphy.gif

:lol

Yup the Monk should remain a slow moving character.

The only thing that I can come up with is that the one from ROTJ is the grandfather oldsmobile version and this one in the trailer is the grandson fast and the furious Skyline GT version lol
Nah, the stone floor of the corridor was slipperier than the sandy exterior terrain of its natural habitat. Q.E.D.

That's exactly what I'm getting at. It immediately takes you out of the immersion in a microsecond cause your brain processes it super fast and says "That's just a drawing. In 1983, there was an actual puppet on the set."

The best example of this was in AOTC during that absolutely ludicrous droid factory scene, where C-3PO is apparently made of Gumby-like clay, and bends and contorts and flops in all manner of movements that we know is physically impossible. We KNOW Anthony Daniels can barely move in his plastic outfit, so seeing C-3PO run around and grab things and being agile immediately registers as WRONG in brains.

Same effect with the Monk. I wish they hadn't used that as an opening shot for the trailer cause it started it all off on a sour note for me.
Watched the trailer again and the B'Omarr Monk doesn't really "skitter". It might move slightly more fluidly but to earlier points it's CGI. It's a nice tip of the cap to a very obscure ROTJ creature, one that anyone not on these boards probably wouldn't even remember. I am super pumped for this as fully expect that this was very thin with any material beyond episode one and two. There were no flashbacks, etc. I have to believe there's way more goodness in the entirety of the series.

Hmm not a lot of wow factor with this trailer. The first Mando teaser was much more exciting. Not a fan of Fett walking around helmetless every where he goes. I did like the overall aesthetic though and the jittery stop motion-esque B'Omarr Monk made me smile.
I agree helmet off hnnnng

I’m willing to give it the benefit of the doubt since we are seeing it out of context but i’m now nervous Koska is kicking his ass again lol

They do show him wearing it just as much as not wearing it but still not a good sign.

The best explanation is that this B'Omarr Monk was an outdoor one, like cats. I've got indoor cats and they move slow as hell... Must be the same deal here. Lazy, domesticated B'Omarr Monk :)

So the “updated” look for Boba seems to be a Kama like the Shoretrooper squad leader and red boots..?…🤔

So the “updated” look for Boba seems to be a Kama like the Shoretrooper squad leader and red boots..?…🤔
I was trying to verify that myself. It also looked like the armor lost most all of the underlying painted over damage... Looked pretty smooth and I think the helmet looked my olive green than in Mando...Also, a few more damage silver marks. Still prefer the re-armored look from late in S2 of Mando...

All kidding aside TM does look good, definitely slimmed down, and with RR producing (and hopefully directing) I still have hope that this will be good.

The Hammerhead dude speaking through a translator attached to his throat was a fun nod to the CW cartoon.

All kidding aside TM does look good, definitely slimmed down, and with RR producing (and hopefully directing) I still have hope that this will be good.

The Hammerhead dude speaking through a translator attached to his throat was a fun nod to the CW cartoon.
The Hammerhead guy sounds exactly like Pedro to me :lol

The ingredients are there for this to be very awesome. The trailer is slightly underwhelming because they are only showing some none spoilery snippets from episode 1 and 2 but more importantly my hype is bombad high after the Boba Fett appearances in Mando.

In legends they had a very fun Bounty Hunter Wars trilogy of novels which was set in the aftermath of Fett being found by Dengar near death after killing the sarlaac with a thermal detonator. The series cut back and forth between tales of Fett's past and the present timeline and by the end it was apparent that it was all coming together in one longer narrative thread. I hope that they have something like that in store for us here.

Back