The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why. Why do I always have to be so goddamn negative all the time??

I love Boba Fett. His 3 episodes on The Mandalorian were the best television I'd seen in years. I've been really hyped for this show.....

But...this trailer did nothing for me. I guess it's just me. I'm a broken human being.

All I could focus on was the stuff I didn't like.....a fake CGI B'Omarr Monk skittering rapidly across the sand like an insect. Why did they have to do that? We KNOW how B'Omarr Monks look and move. We saw it in 1983. There was no need to do that any more than there was a need to make Ewoks blink.

I hope there's some kind of emotional anchor to the story, like Mando and his bond with the child, cause without it, I don't know what the point is.
There's nothing wrong with you (at least as far as this is concerned :lol). Quite the opposite, actually. You want/need this to have a genuine core, and not just be a checklist of hitting superficial nostalgia notes without those notes making rhythmic sense. I think you understand how quickly something like that can turn into a "Weekend At Bernie's" style re-animation of SW iconography without story-driven purpose (or even consistency of internal purpose).

When Lucas started it all, he was trying to take the type of storytelling that inspired him as a youth (Flash Gordon, among others) and meld it with what inspired him as a young adult (Kurosawa, among others) to present new adventure stories to the next generation (people like you and me). That was a pure motive; it was making genuine art. That was the "good George."

After getting burned out, though, he used SW more as a financing instrument. Sure, he maintained the seeds of ideas he had when he was a genuinely-inspired artist, but selling toys and appeasing audience wantlists entered into the equation of his storytelling formula because he was now running an empire of his own (oh, the irony). Star Wars started as Lucas-driven films, but ended up becoming more Lucasfilm-driven entertainment.

So, everything after the OT was "lesser George." And I think the core of what you want is for the new material to emulate "good George" and not "lesser George." If so, you're not alone; just in an increasingly small minority, IMO. But the righteous-minded usually are. ;)

Just my two cents. I hope you (and I) end up being pleasantly surprised.

They stole that from Dune. :monkey3
pointing-laughing.gif

Meh, Kinda looks like “The Book of Boring Fett”.

So basically we get to see him become the Godfather of Tatooine?

I never really cared for Fett, he always seemed boring to me. More like a glorified taxi service in OT, and annoying kid in PT.

People do love that “cool” armor though. So much that now we have TWO shows created around it. And of course HT sales for any varient of that armor sells well.

I wish we could get more Galaxy out of the Galaxy…..and less fan service.

But Disney now know what people want…..more of the same.

Me neither I thought the big reveal was going to be on the 12th!

That was for the Boba Fett special. Makes sense we'd get this teaser that's probably nothing more than clips from the first episode or so. Then, get the "biography" special for Boba in a couple weeks, and then a final trailer sometime next month.

I never really cared for Fett, he always seemed boring to me. More like a glorified taxi service in OT, and annoying kid in PT.

People do love that “cool” armor though. So much that now we have TWO shows created around it. And of course HT sales for any varient of that armor sells well.

months-corporation-consume-another-nostalgia-remake-childhood-70af8079591b1dd0-47e0b5a80141ce4e.jpg

I never cared for Fett until Mando made him cool. :chase:moon

Excited for the Series.
The trailer wasn't anything exciting,but I have faith that the Series itself will blow our minds.
No one knew how amazing Mando S2 would be,especially the finale,so I just see this as a slow build up.
Nice to see the B'omarr and Trandos,Aqualish and Ithorians.

Awesome. Wondering where they're heading with this if there'll be a BOBF Season 2 or if it'll tie in with the Mandalorian. Either way hope they take it easy in the first season before throwing the kitchen sink like Mando s.2 did.

Back