The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Sand People segment was terrible. It was ridiculous having Boba Fett hang with them more than one day while he gathered himself. All it ultimately was, was a lecture about the evils of the Transcontinental Railroad and an opportunity for Temuera Morrison to self-insert.

Plus now Boba Fett trips on lizard acid he is forced to take up his nose against his will? What the F is this?

Last edited:
I just rewatched episode 5, and what a delight it was to revisit this masterful episode.

It's definitely the best stand-alone episode of Mandalorian since the pilot, and like the pilot, it is by far the most "Star Wars-y" piece of media made in the last decade. This single episode is better than the entire sequel trilogy, better than Rogue One, and better than all of Obi Wan.

There was clearly more love and respect from the creators put into this 45 minutes than any other Disney SW "content."

The world-building was amazing, especially the "ringworld" set pieces and the public transportation scenes.

There was a scene where Mando goes up an elevator, walks into a room, goes back into the elevator, and down another hallway, all in one unbroken two minute shot. It looks flawless, like they were just showing off how immersive their digital sets are compared to old green-screen.

The T2 homage with the droids overrunning Mandalore was gorgeous.

There was an incredibly cute moment with the little Rodian girl that managed to be sweet without being cloying.

I personally find Amy Sedaris funny, but I can see why most people wouldn't. All of her scenes give off a Holiday Special vibe which is a nice balance to all the seriousness with the Mandalorian/Dark Saber stuff.

I feel like this episode is a nice encapsulation about everything that made Star Wars great. Bryce Dallas Howard did a hell of a job.

If you haven't watched this since it aired, check it out again.

Bryce Dallas Howard did a hell of a job.

Until she doesn't and gets criticized like Favreau and Rodriguez. BoBF really is crap in spite of the good job Favreau and Rodriguez did with the Mandalorian. That's the thing that's in my mind. We think certain directors are those that understand Star Wars and will continue to produce good content but as we saw with BoBF, that's not the case. We can hope Bryce can continue with the good work but it's not guaranteed.

Until she doesn't and gets criticized like Favreau and Rodriguez. BoBF really is crap in spite of the good job Favreau and Rodriguez did with the Mandalorian.
Or Deborah Chow and her appalling work as director on Kenobi. We all thought she was great after her Mandalorian episodes. Then we saw Kenobi. Yikes.

Or Deborah Chow and her appalling work as director on Kenobi. We all thought she was great after her Mandalorian episodes. Then we saw Kenobi. Yikes.

Exactly. If I were a director for any of the well received Star Wars series episodes and was offered by Disney to helm an entire season or series, I'd probably say no. Lol!

I have to admit I was all in on Favreau as the savior of the franchise. Then I looked on in horror as the train wreck that was BOBF unfolded before my eyes. Not only was the entire show absolutely atrocious but it also managed to destroy Boba Fett himself and sabotage the entire Mando/Grogu/Luke main plot from The Mandalorian all in one fell swoop.

Just what we'd always wanted! :LOL:

d1ryp3A.jpg

I'm hoping if there is indeed a second season at some point that:
  • No more Tatooine! Get off that rock and be a badass Bounty Hunter
  • Keep the helmet on and talk less!
  • NO characters that were featured in S1 (no vespa gang, no Katacky wookiee, none of it)
  • No more endless easter parade of eggs and winks and nods to the "fans"
Not saying that they have to ignore the previous show, just MOVE ON from it. He tried the whole"crime lord" gig and it just wasn't his thing.
No need for Fennic to hang about anymore, just some rough-edged, dark crime world action like we all were hoping for the first time around.

And for crying out loud, please keep it away from cheap writers and directors that don't have a care or a clue what makes SW...SW.
We can dream, can't we?

I fear a season 2 would be akin to TROS situation.

A film that tried so hard to ignore the disaster of TLJ that it had little to no direction and ended up as a largely vapid over correction that was pretty embarrassing in its own right. Especially, as the supposed "finale to the Skywalker saga".

Maybe, just let him show up in Mando from time to time. As much as I love Fett, sadly, it's probably best left alone.

I fear a season 2 would be akin to TROS situation.

A film that tried so hard to ignore the disaster of TLJ that it had little to no direction and ended up as a largely vapid over correction that was pretty embarrassing in its own right. Especially, as the supposed "finale to the Skywalker saga".

Maybe, just let him show up in Mando from time to time. As much as I love Fett, sadly, it's probably best left alone.

Well I'm still appreciating BOBF - an appreciation that's been sharpened after Obi. 😁

We still have the charismatic Cob Vanth floating in the aquarium; Rasta Tusken is still in the wind along with a whole lot of spice; and Fennec's history could come calling. Plus the Hutts and now Boba is bros with Mando. Cad Bane.

Look, at least Boba kept my interest. Obi was just depressing and unbelievably lame - and LOOKED cheap.

The Deluxe Bionic Transport Repair Station I mean BACTA Tank MOD Repair Station will be available in 1975
65xart.gif

65yta1.gif

65yqlw.gif
6tn2ky.gif

Cob Vanth, a man barely alive, we can rebuild him, better than he was before, better, stronger, faster....- Hot Toys - 1/6 The Mandalorian Cobb Vanth Mod replacement arms, and Bacta tank coming soon in 1975
39312360152_f39af38328_b.jpg

65x7pi.jpg
:lol
New Cob Vanth will likley have a new Mod shoulder socket and removable "Quick-Draw-Mod" arm update, :lol
They should release him as is - and then a separate accessory pack for those that want the Mod Vanth update (or not) :rotfl

65x97d.jpg
We still have the charismatic Cob Vanth floating in the aquarium;
They can drop their "respected leader" journey Fett concept back down the Sarlacc Pit for all I care.
What I'm most looking forward to is the outrageous Cob Vanth we can rebuild him montage, and the critical assignment quick draw mod arm gimmick, this (and the eminent figure) will bring me tears of absolute laughter and joy.🤣

If they team him up with Chocolate Kroisant, for a slow-mo battle scene, even better!

Last edited:
I just re-watched BOBF and it dawned on me that the scene when the Mos Vespa gang chase the guy trying to run away in the speeder would actually work as Mentos commercial. I'm serious. If you watch that scene and listen to the Mentos commercial music, it's perfect. If someone can take that scene and edit in the Mentos music, you'll see what I mean. LOL!

In anticipation for Mando S3, I watched Ep. 5-7 of TBOBF!!! Wow some good episodes! It's great to see the Armorer and PV again rebuilding the covert. Man, I could listen to the Armorer talk of stories for hours on end, she's just so good! It was pretty cool when Mando asks her about Bo-Katan. (Which makes their potential meeting even more exciting!) Man it was also awesome to see Luke training Grogu and Ahsoka meet them. I do agree Mando and Grogu's reunion to feel a bit rushed, but we'll see where they go from there. Looking forward to S3 woo!

After watching Mando, S2 Mando, BoBF and OWK, I walk away from the Disney+ Star Wars series so far with the overall feeling of...

"If you love mediocrity, then you'll love Season 3 of Mando"

Season 1 and 2 were good, uneven, but not great. BoBF was pretty bad (or goofy if you like) and OWK was just atrocious from start to finish. So I added all that up.

Now if I add Andor into that mix, the stock goes up overall. But for me, Andor is a different beast. It is one man's vision more than all those other shows which seemed to be designed, more or less, by committee.

Andor is Star Wars as art. So its completely different than all other Star Wars.

Reposting from the Saga thread;

My Wife and I have been doing a complete chronological run through of the entire Star Wars story (Movies and TV Series). It's been great.

Episode I - The Phantom Menace
Episode II - Attack of the Clones
The Clone Wars (2008 movie)
The Clone Wars - Season 1
The Clone Wars - Season 2
The Clone Wars - Season 3
The Clone Wars - Season 4
The Clone Wars - Season 5
The Clone Wars - Season 6
Episode III - Revenge of the Sith / The Clone Wars - Season 7
The Bad Batch - Season 1
Solo - A Star Wars Story
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Rebels - Season 1
Rebels - Season 2
Rebels - Season 3
Rebels - Season 4
Andor - Season 1
Rogue One - A Star Wars Story
Episode IV - A New Hope
Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back
Episode VI - Return of the Jedi

We started back in 2021 (we have a toddler and are expecting another baby soon so spare time has been limited). We also sometimes stretched our viewing out slightly in anticipation of certain releases coming out (eg. we got to "The Bad Batch"/"Solo" in the story around March/April 2022, and deliberately paced our viewing knowing that "Obi-Wan Kenobi" was next in the timeline and wasn't released until end of May 2022).

There are also things that have been released since we started our marathon that now fit in further back in the timeline to the point we are at in our marathon, eg. "Tales of the Jedi" and "The Bad Batch - Season 2". We are planning on watching these after "The Mandalorian - Season 3" finishes as we will have some time to kill before "Ahsoka" hits our screens ("Ahsoka" will be next in the timeline after "The Mandalorian - Season 3").

It's been so much fun, and the overarching story in Star Wars plays out excellently when you watch everything in order like this.

As we knew we would be doing this marathon, we deliberately held back from watching things like "The Mandalorian - Season 1 & 2" and "The Book of Boba Fett" when they were originally released, as we wanted to wait until their point in the story.

We have just watched "The Mandalorian Season 1 & 2", and I loved both seasons. I felt like I was watching 90s Star Wars Expanded Universe on the screen.

We are now watching "The Book of Boba Fett" for the first time. It's been hard for me to avoid all of the chatter around this show, and how maligned it appears to be. As I have been watching each episode so far I have been waiting for the most ridiculous, unforgivable, outrageous things to happen. 4 episodes in and I'm... still waiting?

I'm really enjoying "The Book of Boba Fett" :lol

Sure, the Biker Gang were a little cringe and obnoxious, but I've not seen anything so far that I haven't liked!

Andor is on another level. It's the most intelligent writing Star Wars has had in my opinion and the franchise doesn't deserve Tony Gilroy to be honest.

To go from that to more Mandalorian crap is a bad feeling.

Back