The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't wait to see the discussion once everyone has read Temuera Morisons latest comments... he likely will get fewer Disney paycheques

Morrison is in his 60s. This was his only real chance at a starring role in anything. Otherwise, the majority of his career was smaller roles, aside from his big break in Star Wars. Since the "Clone" saga is winding down (Will it go much further storywise after Bad Batch?), not sure there is much more rope for Clone stories. Whether he said anything or not, it's pretty clear he would be phased out anyway. That being said, he was probably better of saying nothing, as this will only make it harder for him if he ends up doing the "convention circuit" to try to make more money.

This is where they might have been better off using Morrison as only a voice actor and never having Boba Fett take of his helmet at all. It also didn't help that Morrison was not in elite shape for BOBF. I'm not saying that would be easy at 60, but that's part of your job as an actor/performer, to look good and make it look like you can do the action plausibly.

IMHO, the mistake I see being made was not using the core bounty hunters and simply making Fett the de facto lead. Dengar, Bossk, Zuckuss, 4 LOM. IG-88. Just follow each for an episode and rotate it. Then weave the characters together sometimes. Am just a big believer in that - When in doubt, use characters from the original trilogy.

What do we know about General Madine? Don't know. Just put him in the show. He was a figure once in the 80s, so good enough for me.

This is where they might have been better off using Morrison as only a voice actor and never having Boba Fett take of his helmet at all. It also didn't help that Morrison was not in elite shape for BOBF. I'm not saying that would be easy at 60, but that's part of your job as an actor/performer, to look good and make it look like you can do the action plausibly.
Do people really still think this? He’s in great shape for his age. Whenever he does remote interviews they’re from his home gym. I’d bet he looks better in his 60’s than most of us do right now. The “Boba Fat” stuff was taken too far. The superhero physique we’re so conditioned to seeing now isn’t elite shape, it’s quite unhealthy.

Looks pretty fit and healthy to me. My issue was never with Tem, only with the writing and directing.
IMG_2863.jpeg

Do people really still think this? He’s in great shape for his age. Whenever he does remote interviews they’re from his home gym. I’d bet he looks better in his 60’s than most of us do right now. The “Boba Fat” stuff was taken too far. The superhero physique we’re so conditioned to seeing now isn’t elite shape, it’s quite unhealthy.

Looks pretty fit and healthy to me. My issue was never with Tem, only with the writing and directing.
View attachment 636254
Speaking as someone with a fitness lifestyle, he could have maaaybe leaned out a little more but at his age (and given his character) it wasn't necessary to the point of risking his health for a role. He does look good for his age. I agree 100% that the writing and directing were what failed this series. Morrison is a proficient actor and can bring a great deal of both depth and darkness to a role.

All the superhero guys only look the way they do for a brief window and I'm sure it's not doing their long term health any favours given what's likely involved.

All the superhero guys only look the way they do for a brief window and I'm sure it's not doing their long term health any favours given what's likely involved.
I legit was thinking that when Hugh Jackman said he was coming back as Wolverine for Deadpool 3. He’s 54. In amazing shape, sure, but that’s a ton of body stress to stay in peak superhero shape.

TM’s physique is fine. If anything, I blame the costume department for the oversized puffy robes and undersuits that didn’t flatter his build at all. Kelly Marie Tran had the same harassment with people calling her fat. She’s NOT, but the outfit and hair styles they stuck her in made her look frumpy.

Both characters really needed another crack at getting their outfits properly fitted.

Last edited:

View attachment 636254

They should’ve really went the Mando route with him under the Mando helmet and whenever we’d have to see his face, keep the framing tight. His stunt double, in BoBF below, had a much better frame for the character and it would’ve been consistent with his OT frame.

7FD7949E-7960-48F2-9C5E-76BB84B77052.jpeg

9DF6E3D4-14EE-4118-B1F0-D0EB72C74D68.jpeg

As far as the Clone saga winding down, i doubt it. These are extremely!! beloved characters and theres 200,000 of them with a million more on the way. And theres a lot of issues still to flesh out.

Every single new clone that is introduced onscreen instantly has millions of fans and generates a ton of thirst posts. People seriously love these guys. TCW ended and we got TBB. When that ends we will get a new show, likely starring Rex and friends. Love that or hate it, these guys generate a lot of money for Disney.

Boba is the alpha clone. He will not be going away, in whatever format.

Is that really her??!!!! My god what did they do!!!
I don't think that's her (I don't THINK so), but she's not remotely fat or overweight or anything like that.
who-is-Kelly-Marie-Tran-mega-post.jpg
3f90a28e43b8631db4a958aa136f8dd5

Anyway, there's a ton of details that go into a costume that can flatter a person's physique... or unflatter it. TM is going to show up in other projects (we already know he'll be back as Rex in Ahsoka), so hopefully they have his measurements for the costume fitting by then.

TM is going to show up in other projects (we already know he'll be back as Rex in Ahsoka), so hopefully they have his measurements for the costume fitting by then.

He was much older and more rotund in Rebels so his Mando s2 physique is perfect for Ahsoka show Rex. So he doesn’t really have to do any prepping for that show.

They should’ve really went the Mando route with him under the Mando helmet and whenever we’d have to see his face, keep the framing tight. His stunt double, in BoBF below, had a much better frame for the character and it would’ve been consistent with his OT frame.

View attachment 636329

View attachment 636330
To be fair his AotC frame is consistent. Morrison just had a different body type build than Bulloch. Morrison is solidly built and Bulloch was a rather skinny dude. Jango’s armor was designed to fit Morrison but they seem to be keeping the same armor size used for Bulloch on Mando. It’s just too small. I’d have rather them fudge the size a bit to fit him better. He probably wouldn’t have looked so ‘fat.’ The bulky robes, Bulloch sized armor, and Morrison’s different build just didn’t mess and didn’t work on Mando. The redesigned outfit of BoBF looked better. It was less bulky and more designed around Morrison.

I still say the lack of the codpiece armor is throwing off the look significantly. It gave the illusion of extending that chest armor along with several belts.

IMHO, there was a huge missed opportunity for the BOBF ( For the record, I actually liked the show, one of the few here probably)

If it was up to me, I would have left Cobb Vanth as the "fake Boba Fett". He had to live up to the legacy and notoriety of the "legend" of the famed bounty hunter and was mostly capable, but not this level of pure assassin/warrior as the original. Have TM as the mostly cameo character, as the real Fett, who is essentially retired. He doesn't want to fight anymore and he doesn't want to have assassins after him forever, so he allows Vanth to take the role. Give him the Marlon Brando in Apocalypse Now role.

Timothy Olyphant has actually carried a show before. So at least you get some proven "star power" to headline the production. How far does the character need to go? Not far. Just make him Raylan Givens in a Boba Fett armor situation.

Also leave Bib Fortuna alive as the main antagonist.

Throw in Dengar, "Cammie and Fixer", Biggs Darklighter's parents and General Madine and you got plenty to work with there. Hell bring back Billy Dee Williams. Why not at this point.

It's not like it hasn't worked before. That's essentially the plot to Banshee on Cinemax.

Back