The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very well stated. The writers didn't seem to know Fett at all. Not just OT Fett but CW Fett and Mando S2 Fett. How do you sit in a room and write any of the scenes you described above and think "yes, this what Boba Fett should be doing"? Why'd they have to have Bane basically best him and then just walk too close? Bane doesn't make that mistake? He finishes the job immediately. Yeah, I could basically overstate my agreement with what you're saying but you encapsulated what really frustrated me about this series already. Well done...
..... Why would you think they would write cad bane properly? They cant even write Fett properly.

If Luke had turned up in this episode and met this new Boba Fett perhaps a conversation between them could have given badly needed further insight into why Boba is a good guy now. Or maybe he'd just repeat that bullcrap about being tired of working for 'idiots' who'll get him killed - which has no basis in anything we previously knew about the character.

They wanted Boba Fett to be a goodie so they made this crap up, feeling like they could get away with it because, hey, it's hard to say there's anything in the OT that directly contradicts it.

I'm still shocked at just how much of a good guy they made him. I thought there'd be some hints of villainy here and there where you could say that he was one bad day away from living up to his previous reputation but there was nothing. He was a saint (even if an inept one :lol ) I dunno what they were doing by having Cad Bane repeatedly refer to this cold blooded killer. Using dialogue to draw attention to the inconsistency between OT Fett and this BoBF version was maybe not a good idea when you've not bothered to show any sort of a transition from one to the other. It just came across like a self-own in the writing and unintentionally funny.

Last edited:
F Mickey Mouse for choosing Robert Rodriguez as director of the two most important episodes, pilot and finale. He’s a freaking donkey, can’t direct for ****. It’s worse than Rian Johnson’s version of Star Wars. Vepsa Kidz-card won’t do in this universe.

This series best episode is no.2, directed by Steph Green. Great direction and managed to give some more depth to the Tuskens. If Roberto would’ve directed this, there wouldn’t have been any Banthas around, it would be vibrant semis roaming the deserts. Not at all influenced by another franchise.

Now we wait and see how the Kenobi show turns out. Will it be a dumpster fire? Or the next Mandalorian? Maybe we get a Tusken-Ben? At least there’s an absence of Roberto. The director, Deborah Chow, has been involved in Better Call Saul, Mando and Mr. Robot. Calms the nerves a bit.

I'm still shocked at just how much of a good guy they made him. I thought there'd be some hints of villainy here and there where you could say that he was one bad day away from living up to his previous reputation but there was nothing.
We saw Boba kill innocent Hell’s Angels desert bikers with his Firespray.

Awful.

After half an hour it felt like I’d watched 2hrs.

The absolute waste of Cad Bane. The fact that his scene with Cobb was more suspenseful is a travesty.

CGI absolutely HORRENDOUS at times.

Writing at times was just….I mean…WOW. Like I was watching space precinct.

Kaiju fight was bleh.

I can forgive all that. ALL. But the absolute horror of how they handled Din and Grogu’s reunion. Unforgivable. After the majesty of the series 2 heartbreak.

tears of sadness.
I thought most of the effects were pretty good. It was everything else that was awful.

The finale just came out today and people are already talking about details? I know you are going to say I shouldn’t be here, but I am up to episode 6. Jeez at least give some grace period like the movies.

I’m getting close to throwing in the towel. The more I think about how they’re handling things the more I lose interest. They’re so inconstant and wishy-washy.

Grogu going back to Mando makes all Mando seasons pointless. The sadness of him going with Luke (knowing it’s was for his betterment), is completely pointless now. And Luke giving Grogu the choice was ridiculous; he abandoned his training for attachment to go and help his friends against Yoda and Ben’s behest - it’s just getting all dumb and hypocritical now.

Again, no consistency and nothing means anything anymore.

Everything is getting diluted. The sacrifices that characters have been made are all undone. In this idiotic world we live in, where “we can't have anyone actual die” anymore, or challenge our audience with any level of self assessment or life lessons, it's all so ******* wearing, I just can't be ****** anymore.

Same as Marvel, same as everything else. Just lame…

Or as others are speculating - Grogu is the Mandalorian. Will be interesting to see how they develop Grogu's story. He's pretty much going into series 3 as a main character now.
No, I don't think he is. I just can't buy that little green cuss in a Mandalorian armour. Come on...

Also why did Boba go back and get the Rancor.... and not Slave I..? That'd be way more useful than a big space gorilla.

You remember this?

20220209_180354.gif

Everybody would have been dead by then before Boba gets out of the garage.

I’m just happy that the white city girl and black freetown girl got their heroic moment together up on the roof top it showed such unity of representation that’s what matters to me in SW forget narrative logic where the main character’s motivations didn’t make a lick of sense as long as those 2 females where celebrated I consider this show a big win.

I’m getting close to throwing in the towel. The more I think about how they’re handling things the more I lose interest. They’re so inconstant and wishy-washy.

Grogu going back to Mando makes all Mando seasons pointless. The sadness of him going with Luke (knowing it’s was for his betterment), is completely pointless now. And Luke giving Grogu the choice was ridiculous; he abandoned his training for attachment to go and help his friends against Yoda and Ben’s behest - it’s just getting all dumb and hypocritical now.

Again, no consistency and nothing means anything anymore.

Everything is getting diluted. The sacrifices that characters have been made are all undone. In this idiotic world we live in, where “we can't have anyone actual die” anymore, or challenge our audience with any level of self assessment or life lessons, it's all so ******* wearing, I just can't be ****** anymore.

Same as Marvel, same as everything else. Just lame…

Back