The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think Cobb having the credits scene means much for his future -- they gave Sharon Carter the one for Falcon and Winter Soldier and I don't think they are really going to do poo with her either.

(another acquired character by Disney that they arguably ruined)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was the actual finale. Unreal.

I now have no idea what the point of this show was. Boba the crime lord... wipes out the crime, then ends the series making it clear that he doesn't want to be a leader. Fennec's response is something like, "who else is gonna do it?" Seriously!? That's it? That's the motivation going forward?

So, is Boba the mayor now? Or is Cobb Vanth being set up to take over? I guess the better question is: who cares?

The previous two episodes rushed Din and Grogu back together for *this*!? And Grogu is already putting every other Jedi to shame. He's still drinking from a sippy cup but has so much more command of the Force than ROTJ Luke that he made Luke's struggle with the Rancor seem absolutely unnecessary. And remember how virgin-birth, Chosen One, 10-years-of-Jedi-training Anakin struggled to tame a beast? The baby just strolls out there and puts a rampaging *Rancor* to sleep. Um... okay. :huh

Instead of confirming that Boba Fett used to be a ruthless badass, they basically used Cad Bane's dialogue to suggest that Jango was the true badass and Boba was conflicted before turning soft? Is that right? I need to eventually re-watch that scene because I've gotta be misremembering it.

I can't believe they had the most talked-about moment ("the choice") of the show as a setup and did probably the worst job with it that I can even imagine. A crap payoff. That pretty much sums up the whole show: all setup, crap payoff.

What a kick to the balls after last week. :slap I need some of your meds, jye.
Weeelll, since I killed time rewatching a lot of Rebels, IMO while Boba fans may not like it, far as I can tell probably Filoni had a hand in Boba's arc, and in theory it's not a bad thing.

E.g. the whole arc puts an aging fan favorite on the board and keeps him relevant. Like Filoni brought forward Maul, Ahsoka, Rex, Hondo, etc, in Rebels. I give them credit for that. This show even alludes to characters getting old. But it's now-older characters with strength and dignity.

So now Fett is in a position of power and can have more fights on Tatooine; or run off to Mandalore if his buddy Din needs help. We get Vanth powered up with - something.
The indignity of the OT Sarlacc pit more or less washed away.

A lot of fan favorites on the board, set up for the next go-round. For sure there were a lot of fails with this series, but past keeping Fett permanently young bounty hunter, the way things are set up - however clunkily executed - doesn't necessarily suck.

Actually I liked the line about if not us, who? Because Tatooine is pretty jagged, as a territory goes. Harsh. You need to be an @ss-kicker to run the place.

And remember how virgin-birth, Chosen One, 10-years-of-Jedi-training Anakin struggled to tame a beast? The baby just strolls out there and puts a rampaging *Rancor* to sleep. Um... okay.

Well, yeah :lol . But aside from Din just lolling there while bebe strolls up to a rancour, "size matters not". Baby already lifted a mudhorn. Plus he'd been hanging around Luke and Grogu isn't human anyway. He held off a fire blast at one point. For me you can't compare Anakin/Luke and Grogu. Also in Rebels, Ezra had trouble connecting with a lothcat etc. Humans are just INFERIOR what can I tell ya:monkey3

Last edited:
Where IS Khev? I'm worried his attempts at justifying accepting this show (or any part of it) into his head canon may have resulted in an aneurysm. :horror
64lfmm.jpg

I'm guessing they'll have Luke compromise on the "no attachments" ultimatum he gave Grogu. There's too much fan interest in seeing more of Luke, plus from a storytelling standpoint it makes no sense to leave him untrained given the abilities he's shown. Besides, I'm sure there will be other Moff Gideon types tasked with finding/acquiring Grogu, so he still needs to be protected until he can take care of himself. But in the meantime, something tells me he'll be useful when Din meets up with the Mythosaur on Mandalore. His calming/controlling the Rancor was obvious foreshadowing.
Plus Din riding the Rancour (briefly) and for me it was a nice callback - if unintended - to Kuiil. I was just glad the jet packs finally got used. :banghead

Yeah, that scene was so hard to watch...seeing the emotion on Pedro's face. Knowing that Grogu is gonna outlive him by like 850 years and this was possibly the last time they'd see each other.

If it was a proper story, and not a product, Mandalorian should have ended right there. It's heartbreaking, but it was a true ending.

Instead....all that emotion and drama is erased like it never happened, cause the show must go on.

This times 1000

"Well that was fecking fun! My inner 12 year old is suitably jazzed right now."
Yep. After I got over the shock, suppose Rodriguez more or less did what he said he was going to do. Anyway we got an outstanding Mando episode too. Tho I am mildly annoyed Grogu's reunion didn't get more weight. Suppose they kinda tried with the shirt thing.

OK guys, I've just watched this...

I must admit that I did like parts of it. :chase :monkey1:monkey3

I thought the Rancor stuff was pretty fun to be honest. Good effects and was pretty cool seeing Fett ride it.

The Boba/Mando team up was cool to see. A better action director could have executed it much better though.

Cad Bane was good too. They really wasted his character though. The series would have benefited from him having a bigger presence from the start. Hopefully the beeping means he might live and we see him show up again.

Still hate the Mod Squad. Bad acting, bad designs and bad direction.

Back