The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK guys, I've just watched this...

I must admit that I did like parts of it. :chase :monkey1:monkey3

I thought the Rancor stuff was pretty fun to be honest. Good effects and was pretty cool seeing Fett ride it.

The Boba/Mando team up was cool to see. A better action director could have executed it much better though.

Cad Bane was good too. They really wasted his character though. The series would have benefited from him having a bigger presence from the start. Hopefully the beeping means he might live and we see him show up again.

Still hate the Mod Squad. Bad acting, bad designs and bad direction.
I have to agree that Cad Bane was disappointing in that his run in live action was way too brief. I hope he's not dead, but I have a feeling he is.

This show is another nail in the coffin for the Clown Wars. Another instance of lack of logic, disdain for OT characters and honestly a HUGE lack of interesting new world/new character building.

If you are excited for Kenobi, I don't know why. Wait till Vader gets clowned by lesser characters then has to bacta tank his feelings while Kenobi aimlessly walks in the desert running into tribe of Tusken Dancing with Wolves then Jawas running train on Peli Motto.
I’m over the moon excited to see Hayden return as Vader. Un-ironically.

I have to agree that Cad Bane was disappointing in that his run in live action was way too brief. I hope he's not dead, but I have a feeling he is.
Way too brief. Should have spent more time with him earlier on in the series. As much as I love the Mando stuff, why not give us a Bane flashback episode...

Weeelll, since I killed time rewatching a lot of Rebels, IMO while Boba fans may not like it, far as I can tell probably Filoni had a hand in Boba's arc, and in theory it's not a bad thing.

E.g. the whole arc puts an aging fan favorite on the board and keeps him relevant. Like Filoni brought forward Maul, Ahsoka, Rex, Hondo, etc, in Rebels. I give them credit for that. This show even alludes to characters getting old. But it's now-older characters with strength and dignity.

So now Fett is in a position of power and can have more fights on Tatooine; or run off to Mandalore if his buddy Din needs help. We get Vanth powered up with - something.
The indignity of the OT Sarlacc pit more or less washed away.

A lot of fan favorites on the board, set up for the next go-round. For sure there were a lot of fails with this series, but past keeping Fett permanently young bounty hunter, the way things are set up - however clunkily executed - doesn't necessarily suck.

Actually I liked the line about if not us, who? Because Tatooine is pretty jagged, as a territory goes. Harsh. You need to be an @ss-kicker to run the place.

Well, yeah :lol . But aside from Din just lolling there while bebe strolls up to a rancour, "size matters not". Baby already lifted a mudhorn. Plus he'd been hanging around Luke and Grogu isn't human anyway. He held off a fire blast at one point. For me you can't compare Anakin/Luke and Grogu. Also in Rebels, Ezra had trouble connecting with a lothcat etc. Humans are just INFERIOR what can I tell ya:monkey3
Oh, I definitely agree that Filoni had a hand in Boba's arc. :lol A *major* hand! I have zero doubt about that.

Keeping an aging fan-favorite character on the board is utterly meaningless if he's written in complete contrast to what his place on the board is supposed to be. Fett's behavior and decision-making is often laughably stupid. So, since his "place on the board" is supposed to be a leadership position, that makes his presence more of a detriment to the SW landscape than his absence was.

This show seemed to be a staging ground for expanding the SW underworld, with Fett in a "Godfather" role. Had that played out, his decades-long reputation for competence and ruthlessness could've actually made for an intriguing story where his new role changes his perspective over time and he starts behaving in a different way. Instead, not only was he always too inept to be a Godfather, he's too inept to even be counted on to make a Godfather's Pizza order.

What they did to this character is tragic. He's losing a duel to a guy he shot down as a teenager with weapons he's relied on all his life, and then finding greater success with a melee weapon he only learned to use recently. He's failing to maneuver his own ship (which he piloted for decades) out of a hangar and forgets to use it when his "army" is flailing as target practice on the streets of his city. Instead, he goes to the exact same place where his ship is and rides back fully exposed atop a Rancor that he just recently acquired. All for the purpose of "cuz it's soooooo cool!"

Without Fennec, Fett would be dead. His leadership position can't be taken seriously because *he* can't be taken seriously. He's comic relief. The best episodes of his show are the ones he doesn't play a role in. That speaks volumes. He serves no useful purpose, and his role could've been filled equally by a new character because he himself is a totally different character right now.

Awful.

After half an hour it felt like I’d watched 2hrs.

The absolute waste of Cad Bane. The fact that his scene with Cobb was more suspenseful is a travesty.

CGI absolutely HORRENDOUS at times.

Writing at times was just….I mean…WOW. Like I was watching space precinct.

Kaiju fight was bleh.

I can forgive all that. ALL. But the absolute horror of how they handled Din and Grogu’s reunion. Unforgivable. After the majesty of the series 2 heartbreak.

tears of sadness.

Last edited:
Oh, I definitely agree that Filoni had a hand in Boba's arc. :lol A *major* hand! I have zero doubt about that.

Keeping an aging fan-favorite character on the board is utterly meaningless if he's written in complete contrast to what his place on the board is supposed to be. Fett's behavior and decision-making is often laughably stupid. So, since his "place on the board" is supposed to be a leadership position, that makes his presence more of a detriment to the SW landscape than his absence was.

This show seemed to be a staging ground for expanding the SW underworld, with Fett in a "Godfather" role. Had that played out, his decades-long reputation for competence and ruthlessness could've actually made for an intriguing story where his new role changes his perspective over time and he starts behaving in a different way. Instead, not only was he always too inept to be a Godfather, he's too inept to even be counted on to make a Godfather's Pizza order.

What they did to this character is tragic. He's losing a duel to a guy he shot down as a teenager with weapons he's relied on all his life, and then finding greater success with a melee weapon he only learned to use recently. He's failing to maneuver his own ship (which he piloted for decades) out of a hangar and forgets to use it when his "army" is flailing as target practice on the streets of his city. Instead, he goes to the exact same place where his ship is and rides back fully exposed atop a Rancor that he just recently acquired. All for the purpose of "cuz it's soooooo cool!"

Without Fennec, Fett would be dead. His leadership position can't be taken seriously because *he* can't be taken seriously. He's comic relief. The best episodes of his show are the ones he doesn't play a role in. That speaks volumes. He serves no useful purpose, and his role could've been filled equally by a new character because he himself is a totally different character right now.
Very well stated. The writers didn't seem to know Fett at all. Not just OT Fett but CW Fett and Mando S2 Fett. How do you sit in a room and write any of the scenes you described above and think "yes, this what Boba Fett should be doing"? Why'd they have to have Bane basically best him and then just walk too close? Bane doesn't make that mistake? He finishes the job immediately. Yeah, I could basically overstate my agreement with what you're saying but you encapsulated what really frustrated me about this series already. Well done...

Way too brief. Should have spent more time with him earlier on in the series. As much as I love the Mando stuff, why not give us a Bane flashback episode...
I originally thought it would have been kind of cool to see a Bacta flashback of CB and BF but after last week, the surprise entrance that Bane was given with Cobb Vanth - that was perfection!

OMG, I'm dying! :rotfl

I can forgive all that. ALL. But the absolute horror of how they handled Din and Grogu’s reunion. Unforgivable. After the majesty of the series 2 heartbreak.

tears of sadness.
It did feel rushed. Guessing because they shoehorned in the Mando/Grogu/Luke triangle to this show they had to resolve it in preparation for Mando S3.

It did feel rushed. Guessing because they shoehorned in the Mando/Grogu/Luke triangle to this show they had to resolve it in preparation for Mando S3.
The end did feel hurried. I liked the last we see of Mando and Grogu in the N1 but was surprised that there was no after the big battle wrap up scene of him and Fett. Fett hasn't even formally met Grogu as far as we know. :lol

Back