The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m just happy that the white city girl and black freetown girl got their heroic moment together up on the roof top it showed such unity of representation that’s what matters to me in SW forget narrative logic where the main character’s motivations didn’t make a lick of sense as long as those 2 females where celebrated I consider this show a big win.
Yup. Yup. Yup.

I’m just happy that the white city girl and black freetown girl got their heroic moment together up on the roof top it showed such unity of representation that’s what matters to me in SW forget narrative logic where the main character’s motivations didn’t make a lick of sense as long as those 2 females where celebrated I consider this show a big win.
Too bad they didn't kiss after the victory. :monkey3

Oh, I definitely agree that Filoni had a hand in Boba's arc. :lol A *major* hand! I have zero doubt about that.

Keeping an aging fan-favorite character on the board is utterly meaningless if he's written in complete contrast to what his place on the board is supposed to be. Fett's behavior and decision-making is often laughably stupid. So, since his "place on the board" is supposed to be a leadership position, that makes his presence more of a detriment to the SW landscape than his absence was.

This show seemed to be a staging ground for expanding the SW underworld, with Fett in a "Godfather" role. Had that played out, his decades-long reputation for competence and ruthlessness could've actually made for an intriguing story where his new role changes his perspective over time and he starts behaving in a different way. Instead, not only was he always too inept to be a Godfather, he's too inept to even be counted on to make a Godfather's Pizza order.

What they did to this character is tragic. He's losing a duel to a guy he shot down as a teenager with weapons he's relied on all his life, and then finding greater success with a melee weapon he only learned to use recently. He's failing to maneuver his own ship (which he piloted for decades) out of a hangar and forgets to use it when his "army" is flailing as target practice on the streets of his city. Instead, he goes to the exact same place where his ship is and rides back fully exposed atop a Rancor that he just recently acquired. All for the purpose of "cuz it's soooooo cool!"

Without Fennec, Fett would be dead. His leadership position can't be taken seriously because *he* can't be taken seriously. He's comic relief. The best episodes of his show are the ones he doesn't play a role in. That speaks volumes. He serves no useful purpose, and his role could've been filled equally by a new character because he himself is a totally different character right now.
All too true. And while I appreciate where a character like Rex (Rebels) ended up, for me if you listen to the script, Rex is absolutely believable in describing an old soldier who thinks about those who died; and why he doesn't want to re-engage. Motivations, and a distinctly depicted character with a defined personality. So there's a reason for the frenemy dynamic between Rex and Kanaan Jarrus.

So while I think I get it, TBOBF *&^% execution:poop:. Like, if I had a lot of credits, I wouldn't bring in a bunch of villagers who are suddenly crack marksmen. Yeah, am sure they can fight, but it's not their primary job. I'd hire a bunch of assassins and bounty hunters. But guess that wasn't hokey enough. And Fennec having to tell an inept Fett what to do was absolutely painful:Flush. As was the SJW frenemy females saving everyone. The wounded Krrsatan dragging his foot and minutes later, no problem.:cautious:

But frustratingly there was some good stuff. It wasn't DULL at any rate.

mb1.jpg

Gotta admit I had a sudden urge to PO another Boba:lol And I think they put a lining under his shoulder armor so it looked less cheap and the sun didn't shine through it like a plastic cup. :monkey3

Last edited:
Further to my last rant...

Luke was a grown-ass man, who blatantly defied all Jedi "discipline" to run off and save his friends - and everything still worked out okay for him.
But Grogu is basically a toddler, and Luke's trying to assert the BS Jedi ideals that he himself ignored - but now all of a sudden he adhere's to so rigidly?????????

******* mess of a man.

Just think about it ..Luke could’ve done this
and we didn’t have to witness this
But if I had the energy and things made sense in SW, u could argue that this was a young, sensitive rancour open to suggestion, where the other rancour was fattened from a steady diet of tasty flesh and wasn't impressed with the young Jedi. :monkey3

But if I had the energy and things made sense in SW, u could argue that this was a young, sensitive rancour open to suggestion, where the other rancour was fattened from a steady diet of tasty flesh and wasn't impressed with the young Jedi. :monkey3

Boba Fett couldn't even beat an old Bane in a duel after talking a big game. Why not make it a draw at least. Boba Fett kind of sucks.
Lets examine and break down the super intellectual dialogue from our main protagonist shall we…..

Cad: “I’m faster”

Fett: “I have armor”

Boba….Boba you freaking idiot the guy is literally standing right in front of you he can CLEARLY SEE THAT YOU ARE WEARING ARMOR there was no need to point that out to him! :slap

Back