The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any chance that this is based on Zero Year?

View attachment 475096

Could be. It'd certainly fit, and going with an over-the-top Batwank Snyder approach, it could be different enough. It feels just like yesterday when I was buying those floppies. I wonder when it cam-

...It came out 6 years ago. It's been 6 years.

giphy.gif

I uh, need to uh... yeah.

This movie better be good because they basicly abandoned the shared universe idea for this movie.

No watch tower, No Darkside invasion back I still dont see how this can top thr Nolanverse . Batman begins is amazing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Good. Not everything needs to be reverence this or that. I?m glad the Snyder verse is all but dead. Let this Batman get into his own before joining the JL. Do it right.

Post Joker this movie has a ton more riding on it than just living up to BB/TDK.

Joker surpassed TDK levels of expectations

Phillips surpassed Nolan levels of expectations lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. I wouldn?t be surprised if pheonix joker gets tied to this. Just saying. They can say whatever they want but money talks

Yup. I wouldn?t be surprised if pheonix joker gets tied to this. Just saying. They can say whatever they want but money talks

It's more and more likely due to the rumor that:
Spoiler Spoiler:

But I think that would be the wrong way to go. I recently saw the Joker movie and although I thought it was good, it's just too realistic and dark for the direction I think they should take Batman.

More and more I see about this movie, the more and more it sucks. From casting to rumored plot lines, all terrible.

Pretty low bar to clear after BvS at least.

More and more I see about this movie, the more and more it sucks. From casting to rumored plot lines, all terrible.

Pretty low bar to clear after BvS at least.

The casting is all quality so far what do you mean the casting sucks? Are you on the wind up?

Some want a white catwoman. And twilight is still fresh in people?s minds.

First off Zoe makes a great catwoman. She looks just like hush catwoman. She?ll be fine.

Also twilight wasn?t Pattinson?s fault. He hated it as much as everyone else. He wanted a check obviously and that goes for Kirsten Stewart as well. Everyone involved hated it.

Don’t see Pattinson as Bruce or Batman. Good actor, just don’t see it.

Andy Serkis for Alfred? Really? He’d be a better Penguin.

Only thing funnier is Collin Farrell as Penguin.

Then you have Gordon, which, means no red hair classic Barbara. They speak of diversity, yet fail to create any new meaningful minority characters in the comics and act like swapping races makes that just ok. Push Aaron Cash from the Arkham Games as a mainstay. One of my favorites in that series. Push Gordon to the side and let Cash get a leading role. Where is Luke Fox Batwing?

The guy they cast for Carmine is the nutty comedy relief from Bayformers! Come on! Doesn’t even look like Carmine Falcone.

No real thoughts on The Riddler, but I guess you can’t do worse than Jim Carey. Wish they would do Riddler proper. New 52/Rebirth style.

I kind of like the Catwoman choice. Zoe has the face of a Selina Kyle, moreso than Anne Hathaway ever did.

Paittson should be the best Batman so far.

Keaton/Burton set the new modern bar for cinematic Batman.

Nolan/Bale improved the mobility of the character.

Battfleck perfected everything including the voice, but was a bit too big maybe.

Pattison should have the mobility, flexibility, fighting skills, fabric suit, voice, and a lean athletic comic book style physique.

Paittson should be the best Batman so far.

Keaton/Burton set the new modern bar for cinematic Batman.

Nolan/Bale improved the mobility of the character.

Battfleck perfected everything including the voice, but was a bit too big maybe.

Pattison should have the mobility, flexibility, fighting skills, fabric suit, voice, and a lean athletic comic book style physique.

giphy.gif

For some reason, I am excited as hell for this one. I truly think Pattinson is gonna kill it as Bats. I have no desire to watch Joker, but this has me pumped. No offense to Affleck - he was decent - but almost seemed bored as Bats....

I like Battinson and Classic Paul Dano, those could be good. I like Serkis and Farrel as actors, but I don't know about how they fit their roles. But the rest of the cast, well... To be fair, I haven't been excited for a CBM in years and years, so maybe it's a side effect of that. But I'm getting flashbacks to the Witcher. Back when Cavill was cast as Geralt, and it all seemed well on their way, until we got this...

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'll probably just catch the BluRay, as I've done with every CBM since Doctor Strange, just for Battinson and Classic Riddler. Serkis' Alfred could have some nice bants, so there's that too.

They are putting a lot of money into this... which means a lot of studio input... which means a lot of desk jockeys who feel compelled to submit comments to cover their ass in case it flops or succeeds... which means it will likely be a mess story-wise.

TDK and Joker work because they are basically one-man's visions (to some degree). Batman by committee gets you Batman + Robin.

There's the off chance this turns out good... but I wouldn't bet on it. The safe money is on "meh".

Idk. This looks inspired by long Halloween. Which studio execs at WB are to stupid to know about seeing as they always wanna adapt tdkr. I just hope that with all the villains they won?t repeat Batman and Robin . There?s a lot of rogues in this film

You don't get to see much, but what is shown isn't very exciting.
Back to the TDK look. I was hoping for something a little more faithful to the comics.

Back