1/6 Star Wars The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale Ahsoka Tano & Grogu Collectible Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I prefer the Clone Wars sculpt with the longer lekku that don't resemble foam rubber so much as they did in the live action, and the wide-eyed expression with the mouth that looks like she's about to speak, or swear under her breath.

However, I prefer the much more detailed Mandalorian costume with it's intricate patterns over the simple clean lines on the younger Ahsoka.

I'm looking forward to both as different representations of her at different stages of her life.

I prefer the Clone Wars sculpt with the longer lekku that don't resemble foam rubber so much as they did in the live action, and the wide-eyed expression with the mouth that looks like she's about to speak, or swear under her breath.

However, I prefer the much more detailed Mandalorian costume with it's intricate patterns over the simple clean lines on the younger Ahsoka.

I'm looking forward to both as different representations of her at different stages of her life.

:goodpost: Bring on the season 3.5-5 look next.

Re: Star Wars The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale Ahsoka Tano & Grogu Collectible Set

The standard base just doesn't evoke what it is supposed to in my eyes. It's partially coupled with the fact that posing her in a fashion that evokes that scene requires the Magistrate and/or a longer base.

Deluxe for me, easily. But everything else looks sublime. I'm very impressed by the figure as a whole. I guess I didn't realize just how Samurai-inspired her garb is in show, but I love it. She'll really stand out on the shelf.

Well said. One thing I noticed is TCW Ahsoka's lekku are more shinier. Yes, she is young, no aging creases are expected, but shine? It's so pristine that backward to forward flow (over the shoulders) of the lekku is not clearly noticeable as in Mando Ahsoka.

I really do hate that they offer different bases for two versions of the figure though. If Im buying the deluxe I should be getting everything. Especially since I hate those dynamic stands.

Is it confirmed you don?t get both? It?s implied the deluxe gets those ?additional? items

Sent from a point in space and time.

The standard base just doesn't evoke what it is supposed to in my eyes. It's partially coupled with the fact that posing her in a fashion that evokes that scene requires the Magistrate and/or a longer base.

Deluxe for me, easily.

I see that.

The way this stand is designed, it works more for Morgan Elsbeth because it faces the water rather than the opponent:

51118322332_a0bd35b3f3_o.png

I rarely think of my figures as replicating specific scenes, but as representing the characters at times before, in between or after. For me they're literally an extension of what we're shown.

In that regard the stand works for me as representing an evocative location, as simple as the sculpting of the stand itself is.

It will be something new, as opposed to another sand base (!), or the ESB Yoda base that I already have.

I really don't care for the Grogu this time, nor did I for the one that came with the Nappy Trooper as I skipped that one.

I was hoping for Skywalker.....why are YOU here???

Nice addition to the Mando line but I think I may pass.
TCW version for me.

Wow now DX figures have regular and deluxe versions? :lol I thought the DX originally stood for Deluxe :slap:

I think it looks fantastic though. Not sure I will get this version or just wait for her eventual solo show version.

The specs for the two versions:

• DX20
    • PRODUCT NAMEAHSOKA TANO?
    • HEIGHTAPPROXIMATELY 28.5 CM TALL
    • POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS28
    • SPECIAL FEATURESNEWLY DEVELOPED HEAD SCULPT WITH SEPARATE ROLLING EYEBALLS FEATURES
    • ARTISTSHEAD SCULPTED BY N/A
      HEAD PAINTED BY N/A
      HEAD ART DIRECTED BY N/A

The 1/6th scale Ahsoka TanoTM Collectible Figure specially features:
    - Authentic and detailed likeness of Ahsoka Tano in Star Wars: The Mandalorian
    - Newly developed head sculpt with separate rolling eyeballs features
    - Highly-accurate facial expression, make up, and detailed facial patterns
    - Newly sculpted blue and white striped montrals and head-tails embedded with bendable wires
    - Body with over 28 points of articulations
    - Approximately 28.5 cm tall
    - Five (5) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
    - One (1) pair of relaxed hands
    - One (1) pair of lightsabers holding hands
    - One (1) right fist
    - Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume :
    - One (1) grey colored cloak with weathering effects (embedded with bendable wire)
    - One (1) grey colored vest with layered collars
    - One (1) pair of weathered gauntlets in bluish green with black colored forearm gloves
    - One (1) dark brown colored belt with detailed accessories
    - One (1) grey colored under belt with patterns
    - One (1) pair of finely tailored grey colored pants with patterns
    - One (1) pair of black colored shoes and bluish green colored armors with weathering effects

Weapons:
    - One (1) pair lightsaber
    - One (1) pair of lightsaber blade in motion (attachable to the hilt)

Accessories:
    - One (1) courtyard themed backdrop
    - Specially designed walkway themed diorama figure base

Release date: Approximately Q3 ? Q4, 2022

• PRODUCT CODE DX21
  • PRODUCT NAMEAHSOKA TANO? & GROGU?
  • HEIGHTAHSOKA APPROX. 28.5CM TALL; GROGU APPROX. 6CM TALL
  • POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS28
  • SPECIAL FEATURESA LANTERN, GROGU IN STANDING POSTURE
  • ARTISTSHEAD SCULPTED BY N/A
    HEAD PAINTED BY N/A
    HEAD ART DIRECTED BY N/A

The 1/6th scale Ahsoka TanoTM Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Ahsoka Tano in Star Wars: The Mandalorian
- Newly developed head sculpt with separate rolling eyeballs features
- Highly-accurate facial expression, make up, and detailed facial patterns
- Newly sculpted blue and white striped montrals and head-tails embedded with bendable wires
- Body with over 28 points of articulations
- Approximately 28.5 cm tall
- Five (5) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of relaxed hands
- One (1) pair of lightsabers holding hands
- One (1) right fist

Costume :
- One (1) grey colored cloak with weathering effects (embedded with bendable wire)
- One (1) grey colored vest with layered collars
- One (1) pair of weathered gauntlets in bluish green with black colored forearm gloves
- One (1) dark brown colored belt with detailed accessories
- One (1) grey colored under belt with patterns
- One (1) pair of finely tailored grey colored pants with patterns
- One (1) pair of black colored shoes and bluish green colored armors with weathering effects

Weapons:
- One (1) pair lightsaber
- One (1) pair of lightsaber blade in motion (attachable to the hilt)

Accessories:
- One (1) lantern
- One (1) forest themed backdrop
- Specially designed forest diorama dynamic figure base with tree trunk and rocks

The 1/6th scale GroguTM Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Grogu in Star Wars: The Mandalorian
- One (1) newly developed Grogu in standing posture (Approximately 6cm tall; with articulated function)
- One (1) pair of interchangeable force-using hands

Release date: Approximately Q3 ? Q4, 2022

I see that.

The way this stand is designed, it works more for Morgan Elsbeth because it faces the water rather than the opponent:

51118322332_a0bd35b3f3_o.png

I rarely think of my figures as replicating specific scenes, but as representing the characters at times before, in between or after. For me they're literally an extension of what we're shown.

In that regard the stand works for me as representing an evocative location, as simple as the sculpting of the stand itself is.

It will be something new, as opposed to another sand base (!), or the ESB Yoda base that I already have.

I really don't care for the Grogu this time, nor did I for the one that came with the Nappy Trooper as I skipped that one.

That's a fair assessment. I think we all try to take inspirations and put out own spins on things in the process. I can appreciate that folks would prefer that showdown scene as the image they want to convey on their shelf.

The DX base is, at least as far as I can tell, not the same as the ESB Yoda one? This one is equipped with a port for a flight pole and is far taller. I also dislike the placement of the plaque on the standard version. If it's to be an environment base, the plaque detracts a bit too much for my liking.

All to be considered, I think I'd give my hand at making a longer version of it myself. It wouldn't be hard to do a clay sculpt and do a pour up of resin along the side for water.

So DX means Pers now? No second head sculpt, hardly any accessories. Deluxe Mando came with more.

The DX base is, at least as far as I can tell, not the same as the ESB Yoda one? This one is equipped with a port for a flight pole and is far taller.

I wasn't sure, but I looked at my Yoda base and think it is the same, just facing the opposite direction and with a hole drilled for the support.

I took it off the shelf so I could see it at the angles that HT photographed the Ahsoka version, and the shapes of the base and tree look to line up.

She?s up for preorder at Toys Buying Agent. $266 for regular, $293 for deluxe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"ARTISTSHEAD SCULPTED BY N/A
HEAD PAINTED BY N/A"
So, they protect sculptor and painter from the negative social media reaction now.

It really puzzles me that there is no light up function with this figure, which is strange, considering her sabre role played in this episode.
I also think that both eyes and face overall are not exactly there (and HT can do more definite sculpts). It is almost as if they just tweaked their previous CW Ahsoka version.

I wasn't sure, but I looked at my Yoda base and think it is the same, just facing the opposite direction and with a hole drilled for the support.

I took it off the shelf so I could see it at the angles that HT photographed the Ahsoka version, and the shapes of the base and tree look to line up.
I'm not so sure. The tree looks different to me, as does the inclination of the back wall. I suppose the Secret base photos will be the deciding factor.

Here are some insta shots of the sculpt. I'm calling it now: this is the 2021 equivalent of Yondu's sculpt. It's absolutely phenomenal; this'll be their current posterchild sculpt, easily.
2f3a1a6e7af388bdb9f93ea0b1c3f7ea.jpg
0c685eca0418c06a89ca935076162e06.jpg

Back