1/6 Star Wars The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale Ahsoka Tano & Grogu Collectible Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everything is fantastic except the likeness and not giving us a Grogu that’s different other than his little hand.

The fingers on the left hand are so similar, maybe straightened a little. I think the main change they made was articulating his arms.

However, they also state he has "a newly developed head", but I can't see the difference.

The fingers on the left hand are so similar, maybe straightened a little. I think the main change they made was articulating his arms.

Moveable arms make him the most articulated 1/6 Grogu released so far. A must have, in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Moveable arms make him the most articulated 1/6 Grogu released so far. A must have, in my opinion.

Then lets just hope HT won't release Mando Luke or Season 2 Mando with a more "Articulated" Grogu (if it ever would happen)

Then lets just hope HT won't release Mando Luke or Season 2 Mando with a more "Articulated" Grogu (if it ever would happen)

You know they will. And I?ll buy it anyway.

I'm passing on this, though I recently gave in and started watching TCW, and you know what, Ahsoka is actually growing on me. But if I get her, it'll be from her own show later down the line. I'm mostly focused on the Force Users, SW-wise. I like the Mandalorian and all, but not enough to drop hundreds of euros on it. Maybe I'll get a Boba from his own series, but that's it. Still, now that I'm paying attention to it, it's a pretty good look. I wonder what direction they'll take later.

But that's the next DX? *********, I was hoping for a Ledger Joker. What's DX about this anyhow? Bloody Grogu?! The base, I guess, but eh... It feels like a wasted slot.

Do you guys think that black shirt, black arm sleeves and the grey robe would eventually stain the skin?

Yup. So that's why when you wanted to display her, you'd have any exposed "skin" discreetly wrapped with narrow strips of saran wrap underneath the cloak, which solves that problem nicely. Just dont leave the saran on for like, years.

HT are really looking to double up on sales for this one.

Looking at Grogu, he does appear to have a new clothing sculpt as the creases now conform more to having the arm raised higher.

175077802_10157957682562344_8971271214144425664_n.jpg

PD1584520253QKA.jpg

But the Ahsoka photos make the sackcloth look shiny and more plastic.

His sculpting and paintwork in the Mando Deluxe was so good he almost made Mando the secondary character. :lol

Dig it. Won?t get the deluxe, will have 2 Grogus already after my scout trooper and deluxe Mando. Won?t use the lamp. Really good looking figure. We?ll see if I keep my CW one. Probably

HT are really looking to double up on sales for this one.

Looking at Grogu, he does appear to have a new clothing sculpt as the creases now conform more to having the arm raised higher.

Good catch. I didn’t notice that. He is sculpted slightly different.

First female DX :horror

The sculpt is decent. I know it could be better but its not that bad. Im more bothered by the seamless shoulders (how are are the Wonder Woman figures holding up?) and the limited range of movement. Won't be leaving her arms in any dynamic pose. I much prefer what they did with Clone Wars Ahsoka, having a cut at the shoulder.

Am I the only one who wants a fully articulated Grogu with fabric robe. The sculpted body is really getting annoying, its throwing off the realism of some of these shots.

I don't think a fabric robe at that scale would help with the realism. Not from HT anyway.

Yeah it's kinda odd that each version comes with a totally different environment.

Indeed.

This isn't going to be a good business model for collectors going forward, if the 'regular' bases are going to be as uniquely sculpted as this.

davejames said:
I prefer the burnt forest one myself, but they're both such memorable scenes from the episode that it's a shame we can only have one or the other to display her in. :(

For me the courtyard bridge scene is really iconic. The music, the wind, the dust, the billowing capes and clothing. The slow build up to the inevitable action. It was so Kurosawa, whom I came to know through the better spaghetti westerns of the 1960s. It also makes me think of the House of Blue Leaves garden in Kill Bill, which are by far my favourite movies from Tarantino.

Normally it would be so easy to plump for the Deluxe, but that bridge base is pulling me so strongly towards it.

I feel I could make a forest base, if necessary, and make it larger so that she could stand fully on it.

By the seems of it the lantern doesn't light up since the effect is "simulated". Hot Toys' electronics are wasted on me though, and I rarely even put batteries in to test them when they arrive.

I really do hate that they offer different bases for two versions of the figure though. If Im buying the deluxe I should be getting everything. Especially since I hate those dynamic stands.

I think it's a nice figure. But since TCW season 7 carries more emotion for me, I'll stick with my TCW Ahsoka.

Back