Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Dec 15th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi SPOILER DISCUSSION THREAD

SW fans have been insufferable for almost 19 years now. If this film makes them go away it's the best Star Wars film of all time.

For me it was a B-

It won't. The same people who are saying they're "done with SW" will be still be the first ones to see early screenings of episode IX. I know it, you know it, they know it. :lol

Just gutted.

WTF was Disney thinking? So boring, very boring movie. Rose was a complete SJW/inclusive move just like i called way back when. Doesn't even look like she belongs in the SW universe.(was just casted cause she was Asian) I was excited to have Rian Johnson direct this, but boy was i fooled. He makes JJ look like a genius. This did not even feel like a SW movie, and i WANTED something different, i was expecting it.

Space battles completely boring.
Snoke didn't bother me
Luke didn't bother me
Kylo and Rey were good
Leia is Superman in space now?
Everything else was just so god damn boring. (i also thought RO was boring minus Vader)
I don't know how JJ can even help recover this. I thought TFA was a great start, and this movie had great potential WTH!
How did Disney give this guy 3 films?

1.ESB
2.ANH
3.ROTJ
4.TFA
5. RO
6.TPM/TLJ (TIED just cause it was less boring and felt like a SW movie)
7.ROTS
8 AOTC

SW 1977-1983

Let’s have a little trip through SNIKT memory lane, shall we?

This.

The Jedi die with Luke just as the Sith died with Palpatine. What we have here in this new trilogy are two Grey Jedi for protagonists in Rey and Kylo - "Greys" being what the Whills felt would end the seemingly endless galactic conflict of Light vs. Dark.

My prediction is that at the end of this trilogy Rey (The Chosen One resurrected) will hook up with Kylo (Grandson of the original Chosen One) and give birth to a purebred Grey who will bring forth a new age in the Galaxy where the conflict of Light vs. Dark is long gone.

Brick, The Brothers Bloom, Looper...Johnson is the best thing that happened to this renewed franchise. The only thing that bothers me is that he's not directing IX too.

It won't surprise me at all if his contribution to SW proves to be the film that makes the top of my list and finally dethrones ESB.

The Snoke is Plagueis reveal will be a big moment. It'll definitely leave the audience stunned despite three years of theorizing that he was indeed Plagueis all along.

Predictions for TLJ:

-As the movie opens we learn that Kylo has turned to the Light
-Rey and Kylo hook up (romantically)
-Rey turns to the Dark Side (at least for now, she's really a Grey like Kylo)
-Snoke's identity is revealed
-Leia Organa dies
-Poe Dameron dies
-Kylo begs Luke for forgiveness and joins him in getting Rey back from Snoke

*Rey's identity is not revealed though Luke knows who she is

Oh I listen, bruh, and all I hear is "This movie sucked because it wasn't the movie I came up with in my head over the past 30 years."

Holy ****. :lol

Some rough predictions:

Luke takes Rey to the first Jedi Temple (what we later see burning) to perform some kind of ritual on Rey. There they meet up with Leia and The Resistance and we see Leia and Luke's reunion. Unfortunately Snoke dispatches the KOR and FO who interrupt the ceremony. During this, Kylo turns on the KOR and escapes with Rey. While Phasma and her troops set fire to the Temple, Luke kills most of the KOR. He then sees the Temple burning and assumes Rey is dead. Luke and R2 are then captured by the FO who take him to Snoke's lair. Snoke doesn't kill Luke but rather wants him to watch his Dark Side plan unfold as a form of torture. Kylo and Rey remain in hiding for days during which they hook up. Kylo shows her the Dark Side but tells her she has to be careful with its power because he knows unlike him she'd be strong with it. This backfires as Rey becomes enamored by it. Rey decides the only way her and Kylo can be together is if both Snoke and Luke are dead. Kylo disagrees and they argue. She leaves to kill Snoke against Kylo's wishes. She finds Snoke aboard his Star Destroyer but Snoke disarms her easily. He then persuades her to consider joining him by showing her advanced Dark Side powers. Luke is then broken out of captivity by Kylo - who begs Luke for forgiveness. Luke forgives him and they depart to find Rey.

Snoke has the potential to become the most interesting character in SW after this movie. He could literally rival Vader.

Having your predictions proven wrong is part of the beauty of SW speculation and theory.

I'll be fine if Snoke doesn't end up being an ancient Jedi who turned on the Order because they killed his wife/lover and sold his soul to the devil becoming an immortal Force Vampire -----> as long as he ends up being sometjing just as interesting and compelling.

Palps was evil incarnate. I don't want more of the same. The Tragedy of Darth Snoke is both refreshing and exciting.

My God.

It’s beautiful. :monkey2

When TFA came out there was huge anticipation for it. Had the biggest opening ever. Obviously the success of the past trilogies had a lot to do with that anticipation. I think its fair to say the original trilogy helped make the SW Universe one of the favorites in modern cinema history. So to honor the central character of the OT Disney decided to take a MASSIVE **** on him. MASSIVE.

It's just a movie but damn am I disgusted.

Let’s have a little trip through SNIKT memory lane, shall we?

Holy ****. :lol

My God.

It’s beautiful. :monkey2

[B]Brick[/B], The Brothers Bloom, Looper...Johnson is the best thing that happened to this renewed franchise. The only thing that bothers me is that he's not directing IX too.

It won't surprise me at all if his contribution to SW proves to be the film that makes the top of my list and finally dethrones ESB

Oh I listen, bruh, and all I hear is "This movie sucked because it wasn't the movie I came up with in my head over the past 30 years."

That's the biggest problem with elitist SW fans. They all have a version of Episode VII they pictured after watching ROTJ and not seeing said version resemble what we got in TFA makes them foolishly dislike it.

All of the components behind TFA are those of a well made picture while the MCU is truly fast food filmmaking.

giphy.gif

thank you for putting that together :rotfl:rotfl

so you want what they gave you then? :dunno

there’s really no pleasing some of you.

But I don’t want a luke duel with flipping and spinning!

*The Last Jedi has a very rewarding and romanticized duel between kylo and luke without flipping and spinning with a great end pay off.*

BUT WHY DIDNT LUKE FLIP AND SPIN?!??

I didn't care about flipping and spinning. I don't want that. What I wanted was an actual duel. Some swordsmanship.

Luke and Kylo's sabers didn't cross once. And it was all over way too quick. Luke dodged Kylo's swings twice and then disappeared. That was it. There was no real fight.

It would be nice to show Luke possessing some actual saber skills instead of wifflebatting.

He would have died in seconds within of that area battle in AOTC.
Exactly. This movie had a big problem with swordsmanship in lightsaber duels.

Last edited:
When TFA came out there was huge anticipation for it. Had the biggest opening ever. Obviously the success of the past trilogies had a lot to do with that anticipation. I think its fair to say the original trilogy helped make the SW Universe one of the favorites in modern cinema history. So to honor the central character of the OT Disney decided to take a MASSIVE **** on him. MASSIVE.

It's just a movie but damn am I disgusted.

**** this movie makes me Appreciate TFA even more.

the meltdowns here are priceless.

oh no i can’t look at my dolly’s the same! my world is ruined!!

what could anyone honestly expect after TFA in regards to how Luke was handled? That’s your own fault for conveniencing yourself “you know what the movie is going to be” instead sitting back and seeing where it takes you.

How could they have Jedi Master Yoda basically say that the Force books and its teaching were worthless, then blow them up and giggle about it..

SNIKT had a minor stroke during that scene :lol

The final blow was Snoke getting cut in half.

" He (snoke) could literally rival Vader."

In the injury department :lol

:gah:

the meltdowns here are priceless.

oh no i can’t look at my dolly’s the same! my world is ruined!!

what could anyone honestly expect after TFA in regards to how Luke was handled? That’s your own fault for conveniencing yourself “you know what the movie is going to be” instead sitting back and seeing where it takes you.

Luke was fine for me i was cool with how he was handled. It was EVERYTHING ELSE That bothered me. And the bore factor.

6/10

I didn't care about flipping and spinning. I don't want that. What I wanted was an actual duel. Some swordsmanship.

Luke and Kylo's sabers didn't cross once. And it was all over way too quick. Luke dodged Kylo's swings twice and then disappeared. That was it. There was no real fight.

your lack of understanding is underwhelming. having Luke be there, in the moment, using nothing but the force, was spectacular.

With all the payoffs, it is beyond my understanding how Mark Hamill was able to ***** on this film in video interviews and live conferences leading up to its release? [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi SPOILER DISCUSSION THREAD

But he didn't kill him (Kylo), correct? So I presume something must have reminded him not to?

We aren't talking about whether he killed him or didn't - we are talking about how it wasn't in his character to act this way initially

You are telling me his first impression to kill Kylo was a typical trait of Luke Skywalker when presented with a family member that has demonstrated evil within them?

My comments have always been in response to another's post "Not sure why everyone thinks Luke nearly killing his nephew was out of character."

They shoulda kept JJ for all three movies. (JJ haters be damned look what happened):gah:

God i wanted to like this. Did Kathleen Kennedy have a menopause attack during the production? How the **** did this slip through?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back