Star Wars: The Bad Batch Disney + Animated Show

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the show. The Clone Wars is by far better but this is still enjoyable in my view. Yes, it’s more kid centric but the characters are still pretty good in my view. The Kamino episodes in the first season were great.

I laugh at how selective they are at which troopers they kill, and which they don't.... :lol

They use the stun setting on the blasters always, yet blow them up, shoot them out of the sky and we watch them crash and burn, dump tons of rocks on top of their heads.... BUT set blasters to stun!!! :rotfl

Can't show the kiddies watching the good guys kill the bad guys.. :slap

I also don't like the new colors on the armor... Doesn't make sense as now they stand out even more. No longer dark and stealthy looking. It looks like Omega said "we're good guys now" and they needed some color, so she took crayons and colored on them. :slap

I have a feeling that's exactly what it's gonna be if they address it in a future episode. :lol

I can't believe the clones have bright paint stripes on them. They'd stand out on the battle field even more now. It's as if George wanted to sell more toys or something.

I never get the "its for kids" argument. Should we not have high standards for what we allow kids to watch?? The OT was "for kids" too and yet it was universal, because for kids used to mean universal. Stories were once straightforward though still engaging, now they are simply dumbed down. Humour was once easy to understand for kids but still well crafted enough for adults to enjoy, now it is lowest common denominator. Action was once exciting despite the lack of gore, now it is uninspired and little thought is put into choreography.

Let's try raising the bar so we can get great entertainment again, not just "this one episode had some great themes, you just gotta get through the first several episodes of trash". Imagine if this show had Andor level dialogue, logic and story building but the adventure and action of Mandalorian combined with the animation of Clone Wars. Dang.

I like Bad Batch.

But I suppose I'm partial to the storyline, which is about the life of grunts in the Empire. This was an area I felt was incredibly wasted in the newer trilogy, where Finn had the potential to give a lot of depth to a working class blue collar guy just trying to make a living, and seeing all his "ideals" die in front of him. The inability to squeeze anything good out of Finn was tragic. Boyega is a pretty good actor, good enough chops to carry a complex storyline like that.

I don't think all SW properties need to be like Andor, but you'll notice the ones that tend to have legs are ones that look at common people in uncommon situations ( Rogue One, Andor, Mandalorian, etc ) Audiences can relate to that and want to relate to things like that.

What you may be tapping into is stories that focus on giving the audience a good show, a good time, some of that truly has been lost in modern cinema/movies/TV/entertainment, I completely agree with that.

What's unfortunate is that so much of modern entertainment has gone on the outright attack on the audience, and there is a segment of the audience that is openly hostile to multiple IPs, that you have viewers that brace themselves. They expect to be lectured, talked down to and be a punching bag for the show runners politics. There is a loss of good faith now. I hope The Last Of Us on HBO will be good, but I wouldn't be surprised if it turns into a one way battering ram to try to shame the audience for loving what they love.

I believe hard core fans can handle a show or film that doesn't work out, because that happens, I don't think though that what appears to be open malice will ever get widespread acceptance. I enjoyed the hell out of Clerks and Chasing Amy, but Kevin Smith has gotten to the point of just being openly hostile towards his fanbase.

There's a lot of modern animation with depth and moral complexity ( Arcane, Primal and Attack On Titan are some ) but we just aren't going to get that with Star Wars. It just doesn't sell as well.

It's more than Kathleen Kennedy and her brain dead machinations ( she sucks, no doubt) There's a strong chance most of us will have to face that we are no longer the target audience anymore and we are no longer part of the most desirable viewer demographics anymore too.

I laugh at how selective they are at which troopers they kill, and which they don't.... :lol
Yes it's totally bizarre. Stun the foot soldiers, explode and incinerate anyone in a vehicle. :cuckoo:

And why are they seeing the foot soldiers as anything other than enemy troops? Do these guys suddenly not understand how war works?

"But they're clones like us!" Yeah, and...? I guess Luke and the Rebels shouldn't have killed a single Stormtrooper then.

Its as if Andor was War & Peace, Gone with the Wind, Titanic, and all of the novels of James Michener rolled into one. WAS IT REALLY THAT GOOD? because frankly I have a hard time believing it was, perhaps I am just a cynic.

Not all of these shows are on the same level, i watch what I like and ignore the rest. I'd like to see a serious live action show about clone commandos too. But ppl would complain about that as well, since its not Andor. Errything has to be an Andor clone now.

Back in my salad days, I didn't really understand disappointment until my first semester in male modeling school.

It pretty much broke me to realize that I couldn't be sexy all the time to everyone in all ways. Francois, the academy's main cheesemaker, was holding me down and holding me back, while I was on the runway, just weeping uncontrollably. He had to keep shouting at me.

"Listen kid, you've blown the transaxle! You're just grinding metal! .... Come on, ease down. Ease down...."

So the lesson I learned is just because you are on a tuxedo calendar with a couple of penguins, that doesn't mean everyone is just going to get up and throw their underwear at you.

I loved Andor. But I understand Andor could not be all things for all potential viewers. And that's OK too. The Star Wars universe and world building is big enough to house all different types of stories and narratives.

As for people complaining, who is complaining? A few YouTube pundits and maybe a few thousand people on social media? I think both love and disapproval can be overblown on these mediums, they aren't a balanced view of everyone out there. If you just looked at the internet, one would think Joss Whedon's Serenity would be a huge sleeper hit at the movies. It wasn't. I loved Firefly and I loved Serenity, but it just wasn't. It was just that many passionate "Brown Coats" were the loudest and stayed the most active to lend the appearance of a bigger widespread appeal than what ended up being reality.

Male modeling school changed how I see art. I'm a cheese snob now and I feel a lot of shame about it. Once you get freshly churned daily, you can't go back to store bought with the rest of the rabble.

Yes it's totally bizarre. Stun the foot soldiers, explode and incinerate anyone in a vehicle. :cuckoo:

And why are they seeing the foot soldiers as anything other than enemy troops? Do these guys suddenly not understand how war works?

"But they're clones like us!" Yeah, and...? I guess Luke and the Rebels shouldn't have killed a single Stormtrooper then.
I don’t normally fixate on something like that but that stood out so much in these episodes I couldn’t help but laugh at it.

Well, I watched the episodes. After the over-the-top opening and the weird "Hello meet Wanda!" moment, they settled into "ok" episodes. So they aged up Omega a bit, gave the batch splashes of color on their outfits/gear (Hey! New figures!) and had many odd moments of them bumping off other soldiers (some clones, some not?) with no second thought. The "I'm only here to explain background exposition" old man was interesting, than just gone. Wilco started to show some character only to get bumped off so the snobby Imp guy could show how "evil" he is.

It just kinda of felt all over the place. Nothing really landed and stuck. The whole thing actually seemed like filler. At least Echo and Tech were given a little more screen time, but don't be surprised if that was "it". And hey, it didn't feel like the Omega show so....we'll see where it goes.

Yeah this stood out to me too. I understand using stun blasters against other clones because they do look to them as their brothers who are mind-controlled. However, we then get scenes where they blow other vehicles up like it were nothing, or Wrecker going trigger happy with his big gun.

I guess you can chalk it up to them minimizing casualties but having no choice with vehicles because those are bigger threats, but Wrecker with his big gun puts a spanner to that.

Yeah this stood out to me too. I understand using stun blasters against other clones because they do look to them as their brothers who are mind-controlled. However, we then get scenes where they blow other vehicles up like it were nothing, or Wrecker going trigger happy with his big gun.

I guess you can chalk it up to them minimizing casualties but having no choice with vehicles because those are bigger threats, but Wrecker with his big gun puts a spanner to that.

They dont want to see ppl dying all over the place, because kids and I totally get that, but then we have Wrecker and they just can't help themselves whenever he's onscreen.

Tech, Hunter and Echo: *genteel-ly stunning fellow clones, because they're all brothers*

Wrecker: "BOOM! HAHAHAHA!" *body parts go flying* His absolute glee at killing just about everyone warms the cockles of my heart, it does.

p.s. Wanda Sykes sucks, ripped me right out of the moment.

They use the stun setting on the blasters always, yet blow them up, shoot them out of the sky and we watch them crash and burn, dump tons of rocks on top of their heads.... BUT set blasters to stun!!! :rotfl

Can't show the kiddies watching the good guys kill the bad guys.. :slap
They kill when necessary, they know the clones can be saved and turned so they avoid killing them if possible. You can't stun a gunship.

OK, I'm very conflicted here:

*declines to create a list* the Batch is here and there somewhere in the galaxy and MEANWHILE we got this stuff going on. And for once its not irrelevant.

Super happy to see Cross again, this is a really bad boy and yet somehow I care what happens to him.

CODYYYYYYYYY looking even more fly in his grey and white armor. So happy to see Cody and his half-moon scar. 👑 Cody 👑 the Exalted One.

IMO this was a very solid episode although we did not see the rest of the Batch once. And its also a Very. Upsetting. Episode.

p.s. Does Cross ever get to eat an uninterrupted meal in his life, looks like that's a no.

Hopefully Omega will be back next week. She's the glue that holds the show together. :yess:

Shush, you :LOL:

The glue that holds this show together is everyone's united disgust with Rampart. He's shaping up to be a hateable guy on a legendary scale. He has a face just made for punching. I really want to see Wrecker break his nose.

Back