Star Wars: The Bad Batch Disney + Animated Show

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard that episodes 3, 4, and 5 are a bit of a slog but after that it ramps things up to Andor level storytelling.

*fingers crossed*

I had to turn it off as an adult I actually felt embarrassed while watching this especially after Andor.

That little girl with her bad hat being a perfect marksman while being flung around an aircraft instantly bored me.

I guess I was never onboard from the beginning Mando S3 can’t get here fast enough.
I thought this was meh and could only get through two episodes of Tales of the Jedi. I'll take BOBF's hilarious buffoonery over bland Filoni any day of the week.

I never get the "its for kids" argument. Should we not have high standards for what we allow kids to watch?? The OT was "for kids" too and yet it was universal, because for kids used to mean universal. Stories were once straightforward though still engaging, now they are simply dumbed down. Humour was once easy to understand for kids but still well crafted enough for adults to enjoy, now it is lowest common denominator. Action was once exciting despite the lack of gore, now it is uninspired and little thought is put into choreography.

Let's try raising the bar so we can get great entertainment again, not just "this one episode had some great themes, you just gotta get through the first several episodes of trash". Imagine if this show had Andor level dialogue, logic and story building but the adventure and action of Mandalorian combined with the animation of Clone Wars. Dang.

Its as if Andor was War & Peace, Gone with the Wind, Titanic, and all of the novels of James Michener rolled into one. WAS IT REALLY THAT GOOD? because frankly I have a hard time believing it was, perhaps I am just a cynic.

Not all of these shows are on the same level, i watch what I like and ignore the rest. I'd like to see a serious live action show about clone commandos too. But ppl would complain about that as well, since its not Andor. Errything has to be an Andor clone now.

Its as if Andor was War & Peace, Gone with the Wind, Titanic, and all of the novels of James Michener rolled into one. WAS IT REALLY THAT GOOD? because frankly I have a hard time believing it was, perhaps I am just a cynic.

Not all of these shows are on the same level, i watch what I like and ignore the rest. I'd like to see a serious live action show about clone commandos too. But ppl would complain about that as well, since its not Andor. Errything has to be an Andor clone now.
Andor was not the best thing ever, but as far as writing in star wars goes, it is

Last edited:
I'd like to see a serious live action show about clone commandos too. But ppl would complain about that as well, since its not Andor. Errything has to be an Andor clone now.
Incredibly poor strawman. No one is saying that everything has to be like Andor, in fact, every time I mention Andor level it is in regards to writing/dialogue. I mentioned the action and adventure tone of Mandalorian too.

The show you want about commandos would be terrible if the writing was the level of the Bad Batch, but with the writing and, I should add, production value+cinematography of Andor (not the plot/characters or necessarily even the tone) it could be amazing. If it has the acting of some of the Mandalorian cast it could suffer, but with acting like that seenm in Andor it would be great.

Not everything has to be "like" Andor, but everything should have that level of effort put into the quality, whether it be an adventure, a horror, a comedy or whatever.

Last edited:
But adult shows and shows for kids are different. They both can have their merits, but theyre not at all the same thing.

TBB is a kids show. Its a literal cartoon. I for one enjoy watching it, but its a kid's show and I take it as it is. Its going to have sillinesses and inconsistencies. Its not on the level of my hypothetical live action clone wars show. Season one has a literal food fight in it. Would not expect that in live action. But it was fine in this kids show.

But adult shows and shows for kids are different. They both can have their merits, but theyre not at all the same thing.

TBB is a kids show. Its a literal cartoon. I for one enjoy watching it, but its a kid's show and I take it as it is. Its going to have sillinesses and inconsistencies. Its not on the level of my hypothetical live action clone wars show. Season one has a literal food fight in it. Would not expect that in live action. But it was fine in this kids show.
See my earlier post about expecting better entertainment for kids.

I never get the "its for kids" argument. Should we not have high standards for what we allow kids to watch?? The OT was "for kids" too and yet it was universal, because for kids used to mean universal. Stories were once straightforward though still engaging, now they are simply dumbed down. Humour was once easy to understand for kids but still well crafted enough for adults to enjoy, now it is lowest common denominator. Action was once exciting despite the lack of gore, now it is uninspired and little thought is put into choreography.

Let's try raising the bar so we can get great entertainment again, not just "this one episode had some great themes, you just gotta get through the first several episodes of trash". Imagine if this show had Andor level dialogue, logic and story building but the adventure and action of Mandalorian combined with the animation of Clone Wars. Dang.
Any great kids show/movie has stuff for adults to enjoy also, and this show does. But at the end of the day it is still mainly targeted towards children. I think this show is great, same with Rebels, same with Clone Wars. They all have things I don’t like but I love them regardless.

Even the best shows like Breaking Bad have episodes that aren’t so good.

Not everything has to be Andor, my god.

Facepalm. Did you forget the other post already??
No, but you want this show to be something that it’s not trying to be. Can’t be it’s own thing, has to be like Andor and the Mandalorian!

Even the OT has cringe weird moments.

I’ve never seen a kids show/movie as an adult that didn’t have at least something that made me cringe or that I didn’t like in some way.

Most kids would be bored as **** watching Andor, hell it seems like a lot of adults were too.

If you don’t like it that’s fine, but it is it’s own thing and that’s how it should remain.

No, but you want this show to be something that it’s not trying to be. Can’t be it’s own thing, has to be like Andor and the Mandalorian!

Even the OT has cringe weird moments.

I’ve never seen a kids show/movie as an adult that didn’t have at least something that made me cringe or that I didn’t like in some way.

Most kids would be bored as **** watching Andor, hell it seems like a lot of adults were too.

If you don’t like it that’s fine, but it is it’s own thing and that’s how it should remain.
Again, you missed the points i made earlier. No one is saying "make it as slow and serious as Andor!".

Yes, everything has the occasional cringe moment, the point is to minimise the trash, not excuse it. Demand better quality, maybe then we might get stuff that isn't just disposable fast food entertainment, something that will actually not just entertain kids but connect with them emotionally, educate, make them think deeply and teach them valuable life lessons as well as set them up to not accept lowest common denominator in life

Also, yes, the OT has some bad moments. Pretty much everyone agrees that ROTJ having Ewoks instead of Wookies was a bad move. The film would have been better if they were wookies. The Empire wouldn't have seemed so incompetent. Kids still would have loved it. Demand better or you will continue to get more Ewoks, Jar Jar and Omega

Last edited:
Same footage In dvd quality:
tenor.gif

Perhaps there are millions of ten year olds willing to sit down and absorb something like Andor. It could be, what do I know! I would not bet money on it, though.

I do know that myself had issues with sitting through one episode, and thats a big reason why I have not yet made time to sit down and watch the rest of the episodes. What's a ten year old going to think? Its kind of like reading Tolstoy or Tolkien: you sit down knowing that although there will be some parts of interest, you are going to do a whole lot of just having to plow through stuff.

[Most] kids just wanna have fun. I do too. I have a terribly stressful job and shows like TBB are a respite from that.

Demand better or you will continue to get more Ewoks, Jar Jar and Omega

That's quite an equivalency you got going there. However, not everyone is going to like everything and I well understand that not everyone loves TBB. I dont like a lot of SW stuff Disney does, either. Looking forward to Game of Mandos, though.

Nothing wrong with always wanting better entertainment but TBB is actually pretty good kids entertainment, my kids demographic, 8-12 are just ignored otherwise, plenty for 5 year olds, plenty for teenagers, not a lot in 8-12 and I’m constantly getting into trouble for showing them things inappropriate. So we all breathe a sigh of relief when something this fun comes along.

What I don't get is there is content for everyone and some of it is good and some of it is bad. People seem fixated on demanding the stuff they don't like (for whatever reason) be exactly like the good stuff. Just don't watch it and stick with what you like. There's so much stuff to choose from, but its Star Wars so 'all content must be exactly how I want it'.

'That live action show had amazing story, production values and acting. Damn it Disney, why the hell is this cartoon not up to my standards as well?!?!?'

Not even my 14 year old son likes it!

The show literally has the word “Bad” in its title it’s perfect irony lol

Grant it he’s been spoiled by TGM/Avatar2/TheBatman and that’s just in 2022!

Andor was also too slow/boring for him though.

No one is perfect.

Last edited:
Did he go straight to the internet and complain to his friends that Andor didn't have as much action as Avatar?

Again replies just strawmanning what I said. Reading comprehension, c'mon!

Me: "This Mc'D's burger has rotten salad in it. Wouldn't it be great if the salad in burgers was as fresh as the salad in Nando's meals, it would be even better and we should at least ask for our food to not be rotten no matter the dish"

Response: "Nandos is boring! Not everything has to be Nandos! Just let people have burgers!"

Sigh

Last edited:
Back