Star Wars: The Bad Batch Disney + Animated Show

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah this is totally made for kids. My son adores this show and is really excited to have it back.

I'm not sure it is though. No more so than Star Wars has always been for kids/families anyway.

This and the rest of the Star Wars animated series' are pretty much intended to be seen on the same level as the movies in terms of agency and story. There is plenty of adult/mature themes in The Clone Wars, The Bad Batch, and Rebels that would go completely over a child's head.

I think they are in the same ilk as Batman: The Animated Series; it's an adult story that masquerades as a cartoon.

Not that "cartoon" has to be a medium exclusively for children anyway.

I'm not sure it is though. No more so than Star Wars has always been for kids/families anyway.

This and the rest of the Star Wars animated series' are pretty much intended to be seen on the same level as the movies in terms of agency and story. There is plenty of adult/mature themes in The Clone Wars, The Bad Batch, and Rebels that would go completely over a child's head.

I think they are in the same ilk as Batman: The Animated Series; it's an adult story that masquerades as a cartoon.

Not that "cartoon" has to be a medium exclusively for children anyway.
Yes i shouldn’t have said designed for kids but there are undeniable childish elements in it. Omega obviously and my sons favorite character is Wrecker.

Yeah this is totally made for kids. My son adores this show and is really excited to have it back.
It's not made for kids, it's made for everyone. First season had a bunch of both light and dark themes., as with every animated Star Wars show; and all of the movies... and even The Mandalorian which everyone loves.

*thinkin' is hard....*

Well, this seems like a fairly solid start to me. Its really almost more coherent than the entire first season.

Omega seems a tidge older.

Wrecker is hilarious, I love that guy.

The energy and contrasts between Our Boys and the Empire clones is pretty good. That Imperial officer at the end [Rampart??] can **** right off, though. He did WHAT...?! Seriously hateable. Republic or Empire, they are keepin' on with the treating clones like trash theme. I'd desert an outfit like that too.

Last edited:
Poor Tech, can nobody make him a splint? You need a straight stick and two pieces of cloth, c'mon. Make it happen.
Haha yes, I was waiting for some basic first aid at least.

Solid start to the season. Basically a re-intro to the characters but the action was good.

A lot more focus on Echo and Tech here, they were probably the least developed in the previous season.

I like that the Clones aren’t absolutely brain dead now that they’re the enemy, ejecting the escape pods was a pretty smart call on Wilco’s behalf.

Overall pretty good start to the season. Really enjoy the dive this show takes into the early days of Imperial history.

A lot more focus on Echo and Tech here, they were probably the least developed in the previous season.

I like that the Clones aren’t absolutely brain dead now that they’re the enemy, ejecting the escape pods was a pretty smart call on Wilco’s behalf.

Overall pretty good start to the season. Really enjoy the dive this show takes into the early days of Imperial history.

I liked seeing how they [the Empire clones] were pretty evenly matched with the Batch. Definitely worthy opponents. In spite of everything I found myself liking Wilco. I was hoping we might see him again. GUESS NOT

A lot of fans seem to think Echo is like the "mom" of the group, like he's a really gentle guy. I really don't see that. Echo is a straight up badass and he's nobody's mom, despite his obviously caring a lot about Omega. A lot of anger held in check otherwise tho.

Calling it now: that kaleidoscope is not what it seems. There's way too much emphasis on it for it to be just a toy.

I liked seeing how they [the Empire clones] were pretty evenly matched with the Batch. Definitely worthy opponents. In spite of everything I found myself liking Wilco. I was hoping we might see him again. GUESS NOT
Didn't see a body, and they could use more allys...
A lot of fans seem to think Echo is like the "mom" of the group, like he's a really gentle guy. I really don't see that. Echo is a straight up badass and he's nobody's mom, despite his obviously caring a lot about Omega. A lot of anger held in check otherwise tho.
Echo "lived" under the Separatists for years as nothing but a glorified calculator, I think he's eager to end tyranny and people having utter control over others.

Didn't see a body, and they could use more allys...

Echo "lived" under the Separatists for years as nothing but a glorified calculator, I think he's eager to end tyranny and people having utter control over others.

If Wilco survived that, Fives could have survived what happened to him. I think that's a "no" in either case, but hey what do I know.

Echo may well be eager to end tyranny - no doubt - but I dont think he'll mind breaking a jaw or two along the way. He's probably feeling a bit testy after all he's been through, and understandably so.

Back