Star Wars Saga (OT/PT/ST) Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of things in the ot have now been kinda retconned. You will be the last Jedi. You and about like 50 others.
Agree, the endless perpetuation of Jedi absolutely wrecks it.
Makes Ben and Yoda gravely hiding away anticipating Luke [and Leia] as their last and only hope, look like complete morons every time a new Jedi is revealed to also possibly have survived.
The whole point is there was no one else. :lol

Last edited:
You musta missed 'em back in '78...

7c8086d3008b625db60631f73af8620b5f870ce0.jpeg

Whoa those pirates were ripped as hell. i notice in general, though, men tend not to be too keen about everyday attire consisting of swim-trunks. Much less in the cold of outer space.

Still better than Rey.

Seems this is the end for Star Wars unless Lucasfilm gets sold back to Lucas and he retcons everything and just keeps certain things like Mando S1-S2, Clone Wars, Rebels, and makes the Legends books canon.

That one, the endless perpetuation of Jedi absolutely wrecks it.
Make Ben and Yoda gravely hiding away anticipating Luke [and Leia] as their last and only hope, look like complete morons, every time a new Jedi is revealed to also possibly have survived.
The whole point is there was no one else. :lol
Exactly. "When gone am I, the last of the jedi will you be" That line and Luke's reaction to it used to be quite powerful. Now you have laugh at it - at minimum raise an eyebrow - if you take anything outside the OT (and I guess the PT*) as Canon.
Retcons can be hard to accept at the best of times. It takes something seriously good to unseat some people from long held interpretations and preferences. Lucas himself fell foul of this with much of the PT. And Disney will too, again and again.

*because it wasn't the PT movies that said "actually all these other jedi survived order 66 too"

At least she had a nice funeral.
7qysgp.gif

Him too :lol
7qyrz7.gif

(although the visual parallels were rightly edited to the birth of the twins, Vaders "birth" and her death, they did also "echo" into the funeral too. Or as he put it "rhyme" ^.
Cool dress, too.
7qyttg.gif

Him too. :lol
7qyu4b.gif

Although the prequels were full of bizarre choices and missteps, that went against my (apparently unreasonable?) expectations, the overall ending was still quite satisfying. I still reguard Lucas a master story teller and visonary.

What Disney has since put out is mostly garbage.

Last edited:
Seems this is the end for Star Wars unless Lucasfilm gets sold back to Lucas and he retcons everything and just keeps certain things like Mando S1-S2, Clone Wars, Rebels, and makes the Legends books canon.

If George Lucas ever gets back the entire Star Wars catalog, IMHO that's the end of all Hot Toys Star Wars figures.

Back in the day, before it was a juggernaut, Hot Toys did a couple of knock off figures, one for was Mission Impossible 2, the other was "The Director", which was Lucas. HT had to pull the Lucas figure because it was unlicensed. The old man has a long memory about stuff like that. After that, HT went into military figures for a while, then used that success to do MMS stuff.

If George Lucas ever gets back the entire Star Wars catalog, IMHO that's the end of all Hot Toys Star Wars figures.

Back in the day, before it was a juggernaut, Hot Toys did a couple of knock off figures, one for was Mission Impossible 2, the other was "The Director", which was Lucas. HT had to pull the Lucas figure because it was unlicensed. The old man has a long memory about stuff like that. After that, HT went into military figures for a while, then used that success to do MMS stuff.
I mean would it be that big of a loss? We've gotten thousands of SW figures already yeah maybe not the entire OT figures but that's on HT not wanting to make them. I also think it's still possible for them to keep the license even if Lucas got the rights back but it would have to be a new deal under the circumstances.

Hot Toys made SW figures before the Disney deal. George probably was unaware and didn't give a crap.

Back