Star Wars Saga (OT/PT/ST) Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well if you bother to learn the story, he is the only surviving Ranger of an ambush where they are all slaughtered except him, so yeah he is the LONE surviving Ranger, Tonto is not a Ranger, he's more of an ally to his cause.
Yeah we all know the story. Doesn't stop jye's joke from being funny though.

Well if you bother to learn the story, he is the only surviving Ranger of an ambush where they are all slaughtered except him, so yeah he is the LONE surviving Ranger, Tonto is not a Ranger, he's more of an ally to his cause.
A sidekick is a sidekick, is a sidekick, is a sidekick lol

Did The Lone Ranger and Tonto travel together?

YES!

Did The Lone Ranger and Tonto work together more than 3 times?

YES!

I got news for you.

The Lone Ranger had a sidekick lol

Yeah. Point is you are missing why he was called the Lone Ranger, which you seem to infer means he should be alone.:wink1:
Guy literally was called the LONE Ranger yet had a sidekick...
The title never meant that. :lol
200w.gif

Yes it's all in fun. FYI one of my absolute favorites is when the LONE Ranger became a Trio, joined by Juan!:D
6ynbpq.jpg

bob5.GIF

6ynd77.gif

Yes the Legend of; The Lone Ranger, Tonto, ...and Juan!
This happened in Lone Ranger Rides Again.:lol Which they kind of disowned cause Loner Ranger shows his face, and was considered (accidentally/on purpose) "lost", until it was discovered by those who remembered Juan, still had the copies with Spanish subtitles.
And it was finally re-released.
Actually a decent film.
8g1q4h.gif

Last edited:
My dad had to explain that to me when I was a wee bairn.

Back to the topic at hand, ChatGPT is diplomatic (or wimps out) on the question of prequel versus sequel popularity:

The popularity of the Star Wars prequel and sequel trilogies can vary depending on various factors, including individual preferences and the demographics of the audience.

The original Star Wars trilogy, released from 1977 to 1983, holds a special place in the hearts of many fans and is often considered a classic. The prequel trilogy, consisting of Episode I: The Phantom Menace (1999), Episode II: Attack of the Clones (2002), and Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (2005), generated significant buzz during its release but received mixed reactions from fans and critics.

The sequel trilogy, comprising Episode VII: The Force Awakens (2015), Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (2017), and Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker (2019), generated a great deal of anticipation and excitement upon its announcement. While it also received mixed reactions, it introduced new characters and continued the Star Wars saga, appealing to a new generation of fans.

Overall, it is challenging to determine a definitive measure of popularity between the two trilogies. Both have passionate fan bases, and their popularity can be influenced by various factors, such as nostalgia, personal preferences, and the cultural context of their respective releases.

(Might have thought it would use actual metrics like box office, audience ratings etc.)

Last edited:
That's awesome, I wonder if he ever collected and painted himself...

Death%2BStar%2B28mm%2BStar%2BWars%2Bminiatures%2B3x5.jpg

Also next time I'm customizing and painting some random Snaggletooth, Mugato or Bat-Hombre figure, I'm totally wearing a cravat.
I see now, it's not so much about the art itself, but how good you look doing it.

I wonder how his reaction might’ve been had he seen his HT figure in person.. I’d imagine he‘d have been delighted to.

I wonder how his reaction might’ve been had he seen his HT figure in person.. I’d imagine he‘d have been delighted to.
Oh wow, he passed in 94. This was before even the Power of the Force figure line which launched in 95, and I believe had the first Tarkin figure. Or before the 12" Action Collection figure. So he may have never seen himself in legit action figure form.
7ovz7h.gif
7ovzvq.gif

Not sure why he was never included in the original Kenner line, always seemed like a tremendous oversight. Though his absence likely launched the careers of several customizers, as I imagine he was one of the first figures customized on mass (likely using the Death Squad or Imperial Commander figures), as the original fans would have wanted Tarkin.
7ow0hc.jpg

7ow23g.jpg

He wasn't (as far as I know) even part of the original micro-collection mini metal figures line. If anywhere, he should have been in the Death Star ^ set.

7ow1i0.jpg

Though in the 70s-80s there was a ^bootleg D&D style fantasy gaming, metal-miniature figures line, that did have a Tarkin figure.
That may have been more in line with what Cushing collected. Tough they were pretty wonky and obscure part of the fantasy-gaming world. I doubt he would have encountered it, but who knows? I can now imagine him in his cravat, joyfully painting one for his miniatures collection. :wink1:
7ow71t.gif

Last edited:
Yeah. Point is you are missing why he was called the Lone Ranger, which you seem to infer means he should be alone.:wink1:

The title never meant that. :lol
200w.gif

Yes it's all in fun. FYI one of my absolute favorites is when the LONE Ranger became a Trio, joined by Juan!:D
6ynbpq.jpg

bob5.GIF

6ynd77.gif
The true, Juan and only Lone Ranger! :chase

So scary that at one point, by 1995, I had nearly the entire line of original Kenner figures up to that point before the new POTF toys rolled out. If I remember correctly, it was just over 100 figures at that time if you counted the additional figures that came with various playsets.

Back