Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi - 1/6th scale Darth Vader™ Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice to see HT can still bring the heat (oof). Anyway, an amazing looking figure. Great to see USB powered accessories too. Happy for those that needed a Vader and liked the show.
Me, I am an old OT fanboy and happy with the Vader I have and the memories it brings. I don’t need to be reminded of the show😁

Benn waiting on a replacement for my Sideshow Vader...

This is the way!

Hes going up on ebay as soon as this pre orders.

Great figure from an awesome scene from a great show!!!!!

I have not bought any HT for a few years.....BUT just finally got Mando deluxe and now this guy.....I still thing HT needs to branch out more, but at least sdome of these releases are top quility.

Wonder what this will do the the Vader second hand Market??/

As much as I love the look of this figure I’m kinda worried about the flaking issue as I don’t want to spend a couple hundred just for me to have a figure which will eventually turn to crap and have no desire of even touching anymore. Another issue is the cape chain is all wrong too, I guess I’m just trying to trick myself into not buying this ☹️ Looks beautiful as a whole though, still might get it knowing me….

Welp, the nailbiter "duel where no one could die or even get seriously injured" has finally yielded the figure that was the sole reason for its creation. :lol

Who would have thought you could have a lightsaber slice right through your helmet, vaporizing a third of it, and your face (just an inch away) wouldn't even get a scratch? The first time in the SW universe that armor has worked perfectly.:rotfl

And OT Vader left his - apparently fragile - chestbox unchanged and completely exposed... after the experience of someone suddenly smashing it and nearly ending his life support system?

But they made his suit accurate to the scene - not even a scratch or minor tear from one ton boulders being repeatedly smashed into him.

As much as I love the look of this figure I’m kinda worried about the flaking issue as I don’t want to spend a couple hundred just for me to have a figure which will eventually turn to crap and have no desire of even touching anymore. Another issue is the cape chain is all wrong too, I guess I’m just trying to trick myself into not buying this ☹️ Looks beautiful as a whole though, still might get it knowing me….
True, that’s why I bought a custom real leather suit replacement for my ANH Vader so I won’t have to worry about flaking when/if it happens to the suit (though it did happen to those little glove piece). Will have to do that for this one as well to be on the safe side.

Welp, the nailbiter "duel where no one could die or even get seriously injured" has finally yielded the figure that was the sole reason for its creation. :lol

Ain't that the truth. Only good thing to come out of that awful series.

Although its very EU, I still like it for childish reasons... half burned head, half metal-mask.

Just going to echo some others that this show is yet another disney SW installment that IMO cheapens the OT and I have to pretend it doesn’t exist to enjoy the OT, just like the sequels.

I hate the idea that Vader in his prime would lose to Kenobi, it makes Luke and Leia seem completely irrelevant. Why were they their only hope when Obi-Wan whooped Vader solo only 8 years ago…

Regardless, I think I’m getting this Vader because I’ve never been one to nitpick tiny costume details and this one looks the most like a perfect ROTJ Vader we’ll get. Maybe I can sell the Kenobi specific accessories :ROFLMAO:

True, that’s why I bought a custom real leather suit replacement for my ANH Vader so I won’t have to worry about flaking when/if it happens to the suit (though it did happen to those little glove piece). Will have to do that for this one as well to be on the safe side.
what did the leather suit run you?

Although its very EU, I still like it for childish reasons... half burned head, half metal-mask.
It's like merchandise poetry, they rhyme.

JEK7bli.png

Last edited:
Been thinking and reading and more thinking that I may just skip this. With the HT "innovations" in this one, and if they do the next level with real leather for the ROTJ they will do next year, it might just be the Vader I have been looking for...

Yeah I've never usually had much interest in that ultra battle-damaged Mythos Vader look that other fans go so crazy for, since it always seemed so over the top and I can't imagine anyone even being capable of messing Vader up that much. But I can't deny it did look quite cool in live action and makes for one awesome looking figure.

IMO they should have made this in 1/4 scale for this to be the ultimate Vader figure. Kinda hope they do that in the future but seems pretty unlikely at this point. That will solve the flaking issues also in that scale because they use a way better pleather material than the 1/6 scales, they could of even had a battle damaged helmet sculpt and a removable normal helmet with a Hayden sculpt underneath. Just have to pray it happens I guess or I’ll end up passing on the figure or breaking and buying it knowing that my figure will deteriorate over time since I live in Sydney Australia and my house gets fairly hot in the summer time ☹️👎🏽

what did the leather suit run you?
I believe it was about $220 from Rise Collectibles. It included the suit, boots, straps and glove pieces. They did two runs and each run was for Sideshow ROTJ, HT ESB, HT ANH, HT RO, HT 1/4 and even Medicom. Prices varied for each one if I remember correctly.

When can we expect pre orders to open up? Any estimates for the price? I’m thinking close to 400 cause they can get away with it :|

Back