Star Wars: Andor (September 21st, 2022)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pissian Mendor

despite mostly poo posting, I love this show.

… That’s some language sub filter.

Seriously though I hope Uncle is not related to anyone seen before. I would prefer him be a [dis]organised crime boss
Uncle Fettster?:horror
6xp4g7.gif

Last edited:
That chart doesn't even make any sense. Andor 1st aired it's initial 3 episodes on September 21st. Today is October 20th. It has been on D+ for only 30 days. How can it show a slight increase around day 40? :dunno

:rotfl

The problem is, whether it's correct or not, it's started the only real media conversations/coverage which is all about how low the ratings are (even if the show is really good).

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...orian-but-no-one-is-watching/?sh=658d0b144499
https://www.darkhorizons.com/andor-viewer-engagement-is-rather-low/
https://screenrant.com/andor-star-wars-shows-comparison-audience-demand/
https://cosmicbook.news/star-wars-andor-ratings-gutter-worse-boba-fett
https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/dis...ests-the-critically-acclaimed-show-is-a-flop/
https://lrmonline.com/news/andor-may-be-a-critical-hit-but-viewership-figures-are-poor-sadly/
It just goes on and on. :(

It must be Kathleen Kennedy and her crew controlling the narrative, the numbers and spreading misinformation. :monkey3

I believe Gilroy said he would only do Andor if he had complete control. Chapek probably agreed and told Satan's Spawn to stay away. So Kennedy has nothing to do with it. So she can't have Andor outshine her crap BOBF & Obi-Wan... :lol

Its very likely Emperor Palpatine will be featured at some point giving speech at the Senate during upcoming episodes.

I don't understand where the notion that the show is performing poorly is coming from. Andor has been a great show with incredible performances. Yes, it lacks the big memorable moments in each episode but sometimes it's nice to be told a real story. Seeing more of the Rebellion grow is just that. But I really haven't seen much negative out there about it and everyone I know that watches the show likes it.

If the viewership is lower it's probably because it's competing with House of the Dragon and the Amazon LOTR show I refuse to give credence too. The nice thing about streaming is that the shows can be watched at any time. I can't imagine people won't be catching up if they aren't watching now.

Seems like silly sentiment to me.

If the word of mouth continues to be good like it is now, the show will pick-up viewers eventually.

The thing is, to the casual fan, I do not think a show named "Andor" about a secondary character that died in a movie several years ago would not be that interesting. The good word of mouth will change that though.

Too much is being made about that "demand" chart comparing the SW shows. Demand/buzz isn't a direct indicator of actual viewership. And even if it does correlate somewhat, it wouldn't necessarily doom future content with this same tone and gravity from being made or being given decent budgets. As long as actual viewership numbers aren't catastrophically low, LFL/Disney execs would still be wise to keep supporting SW content like Andor, no matter how much its buzzworthiness lags behind inferior shows.

Perceived quality is important to a brand too. Artistic merit and credibility are still valuable to studios. Having "buzz" is great for business in the immediate moment, but the perception of actual quality is a bankable commodity for the longer haul. Prestige is a relevant factor to entertainment companies; always has been. There's something to be said for content that is respected rather than just "buzzed" about. Andor keeps gaining esteem with every new episode. The perception of remarkably high quality (without cheap gimmicks) is as unanimous as any SW since the OT. It matters.

Too much is being made about that "demand" chart comparing the SW shows. Demand/buzz isn't a direct indicator of actual viewership. And even if it does correlate somewhat, it wouldn't necessarily doom future content with this same tone and gravity from being made or being given decent budgets. As long as actual viewership numbers aren't catastrophically low, LFL/Disney execs would still be wise to keep supporting SW content like Andor, no matter how much its buzzworthiness lags behind inferior shows.

Perceived quality is important to a brand too. Artistic merit and credibility are still valuable to studios. Having "buzz" is great for business in the immediate moment, but the perception of actual quality is a bankable commodity for the longer haul. Prestige is a relevant factor to entertainment companies; always has been. There's something to be said for content that is respected rather than just "buzzed" about. Andor keeps gaining esteem with every new episode. The perception of remarkably high quality (without cheap gimmicks) is as unanimous as any SW since the OT. It matters.
This is the Andor of posts.

Mine are the BOBF of posts lol

Last edited:
If the word of mouth continues to be good like it is now, the show will pick-up viewers eventually.

The thing is, to the casual fan, I do not think a show named "Andor" about a secondary character that died in a movie several years ago would not be that interesting. The good word of mouth will change that though.
I'm not surprised with a slow build, intellectual, adult show. It's gritty and realistic and not simplistic, often grim. Even the heroes aren't black and white, or even antiheroes with a soft spot like Han or Mando.
If there's a pretty spectacular, showy, ending - then "everyone" has to watch. Meanwhile this show has some lines, themes and characters I really like. The only thing that frustrates me is when each episode ends.😢

Also, when all the episodes are out, this show is definitely IMO binge-able and rewatchable.

Back