Armor Wars (Speculation) Hot Toys 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roninjai

Super Freak
Reaction score
armorwars.jpg

PLOT: Don Cheadle returns as James Rhodes aka War Machine in Armor Wars, an Original Series coming to Disney Plus. A classic Marvel story about Tony Stark?s worst fear coming true: what happens when his tech falls into the wrong hands?

After the announcement yesterday, and with how much HT loves it's armors, we know they're coming. So what do we think?

Maybe the Iron Patriot Mk2 in WM colors as the Mk 7?

Maybe a Sam Rockwell Justin Hammer?

Holographic Tony Stark? (You know this one is coming :lol.)

Yes, yes, & yes to all of that. Except I wont be able to afford ANY of it. Maybe one. On credit. Depending.

The Cosmic IP literally did nothing in Endgame, so this would be a great chance to flesh out its capabilities. I reckon it'll be repainted in WM colors and renamed WM Mk.7.

There's bound to be a WM Mk.8 as well. This being a smaller-scale TV show and all, the new suit won't be as monstrously bulky as the Cosmic IP. Probably the same size as the Mk.3 or 4. Hopefully no nanotech.

Agree. I like the full-machine suits better. Plus with Stark dead there's no one to make new nanotech.

Will be interesting to see who the big bad they end up choosing will be.

Actually Tony let the whole Iron Man technology for Rhodes and Peter, we just had the confirmation in Far From Home, the nanotech probably will be the next Rhodes suit.

If there is a nanotech WM suit it should be "hybrid" nanotech like the Mk.85. Everything is mechanical, with nanotech only activating to plug up damage or generate more ammo.

There's no point in a WM suit if it's not bulky, angular, mechanical with a boatload of conventional weapons.

Rhodey can't really go all phase on/phase off nanotech cause he needs at least part of the suit to stand and walk

If there is a nanotech WM suit it should be "hybrid" nanotech like the Mk.85. Everything is mechanical, with nanotech only activating to plug up damage or generate more ammo.

There's no point in a WM suit if it's not bulky, angular, mechanical with a boatload of conventional weapons.

But the Mark 85 is full nanotech, the desing is more bulky than the mark 50, but is still just nanotech.
I would be cool if Rhodes wear a suit more like his Mark 6 and when things get harder he just morphs into his endgame final suit with nanotech(Iron Patriot Mark II).
And i think as the main Iron Man now, he will be wearing the Iron Patriot colors the whole series, and change back to WM colors when Riri became the next main Iron Man.
Something that would be really cool is if they bring back the Extremis technology and uses to repair his body and recast Rhodes in the end of this series , I love Don Cheadle(56) but he is too old for the next 10 years.

Maybe we’ll finally get to see MCU versions of Crimson Dynamo, Titanium Man, Mandroids, etc. I’d like to see Sam Rockwell come back as Justin Hammer. He was amazing in “Moon” so I’m sure he’d be a great villain in “Armor Wars.” They could take his character in a whole new direction from IM2. After serving a 10-year stint in prison, he could be bitter, hardened, and hell bent on revenge. How cool would it be for the final armor to be Super Adaptoid?

Also, I’d still like to get 1:6 diecast Hammer Drones.

As for Rhodey’s armor, I’m sure there will be one or two cool evolutions (possibly incorporating Wakandan and/or cosmic technology). That said, what I really want to see is a “Warbuster” armor. Not only would it look cool in the silver and black, it might save me from having to get my spare HT Hulkbuster customized.

Last edited:
Maybe we’ll finally get to see MCU versions of Crimson Dynamo, Titanium Man, Mandroids, etc. I’d like to see Sam Rockwell come back as Justin Hammer. He was amazing in “Moon” so I’m sure he’d be a great villain in “Armor Wars.” They could take his character in a whole new direction from IM2. After serving a 10-year stint in prison, he could be bitter, hardened, and hell bent on revenge. How cool would it be for the final armor to be Super Adaptoid?

Also, I’d still like to get 1:6 diecast Hammer Drones.

As for Rhodey’s armor, I’m sure there will be one or two cool evolutions (possibly incorporating Wakandan and/or cosmic technology). That said, what I really want to see is a “Warbuster” armor. Not only would it look cool in the silver and black, it might save me from having to get my spare HT Hulkbuster customized.

I think the next evolution for Rhodes is full nanotech, BUT in this “Warbuster” armor as an powerup.

I'd be fine with something like the Mk.85, where armor parts are nano-generated but click into place mechanically. Nanotech from start to finish is a huge no-no. I'm sure the artists know what they're doing with War Machine.

I'd be fine with something like the Mk.85, where armor parts are nano-generated but click into place mechanically. Nanotech from start to finish is a huge no-no. I'm sure the artists know what they're doing with War Machine.

Its the same thing Oo
The mark 50 has the same nanotech as the mark 85, just with the software upgraded. The only changes is how the armour cover up his body, but in terms of power its like the mark 85 is has more nanotech than mark 50(as Tony fells that he needed more fire power which is generated by nanotech more than the mark 50 support).
Think as a glass of water, the mark 50 is a thin glass of water. The mark 85 is the same glass of water but its larger so it contains more water.

Its the same thing Oo
The mark 50 has the same nanotech as the mark 85, just with the software upgraded. The only changes is how the armour cover up his body, but in terms of power its like the mark 85 is has more nanotech than mark 50(as Tony fells that he needed more fire power which is generated by nanotech more than the mark 50 support).
Think as a glass of water, the mark 50 is a thin glass of water. The mark 85 is the same glass of water but its larger so it contains more water.
I'm not talking about the suit's capabilities, but rather the "feel." Yes the 85 is also nanotech, but it took a step back from the 50 and retains more mechanical parts in both its design and suit-up sequence. What I'm saying is that if the next WM suit is nanotech, it better retain the mechanical, tanky design language of past WM armors.

https://youtu.be/bqr-rdarrFo

Back