Star Wars: Andor (September 21st, 2022)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K2SO is really cool, but a whole show dedicated to this guy is a mistake. I have always felt the Cassian casting was sorta botched. I'm not necessarily saying he is a bad actor, but he just doesn't seem like a badass, do anything necessary spy.

I thought he was fine. In Rogue One he had to face the morally questionable stuff he'd been doing for the Rebellion (such as killing his contact to escape capture early on) and decide whether to keep doing them or trust JE about her father. I think it could be quite interesting to see the evolution of his character - i.e., what happened to get him to that point. And being a spy isn't always about being a badass - that usually draws attention to you, which is the last thing a spy wants.

I thought he was fine. In Rogue One he had to face the morally questionable stuff he'd been doing for the Rebellion (such as killing his contact to escape capture early on) and decide whether to keep doing them or trust JE about her father. I think it could be quite interesting to see the evolution of his character - i.e., what happened to get him to that point. And being a spy isn't always about being a badass - that usually draws attention to you, which is the last thing a spy wants.

I'm not saying he should have the physique of a superhero. But this guy just seems more like the type to rat out coworkers for sneaking in late to work than someone fit to carry out high level spy missions.

I believe Gilroy is writing this series so it definitely has the potential to be great, I just wish they didn't pin the focus on Cassian. Just call it "The Rebellion" or something and have it be an anthology about that time period, some episodes with Andor, some with other characters. I think that would have generated more excitement over making it just about him.

Whatever you say about character development (or lack thereof) in Rogue One, I thought he was perfect for the part. I've seen him in several other things and he's no slouch at acting, either. I think this could be good.

Will it be 'classic Star Wars'? Probably not, because they'd likely lean into the Zero Dark Thirty vibe of a lot of Rogue One, but that's entertaining in its own right.

I think he looks very spy-like and revolutionary.

Awesome we get a show about the most unlikeable character from the movie. Why why why why?/ The need to take this money and put it into the budgets of the other shows, before they spread themselves too thin. This one is a complete waste.

Were people actually clamoring for a show like this? Seriously how did they come up with this one. Another head scratching move by Disney, they think oh rogue one did well lets just pick any character and do a show about them- what about Andor? Why him, well he is the cheapest actor we had on set, you mean the worst part of the movie? Ya that one but he comes cheaper then FJ, BM, MM or Donnie Chen? Ok Sounds good call the actors agent.

I'd suggest that the most unlikable characters in the film were Crazy Uncle Saw Who Commited Suicide By Shockwave For No Good Reason, Vacuum Cleaner Guy and Twitchy Inexplicable Ponytail Guy. :lol

And I'm pretty sure Diego Luna isn't exactly a bargain at this point in his career. ;)

I'd suggest that the most unlikable characters in the film were Crazy Uncle Saw Who Commited Suicide By Shockwave For No Good Reason, Vacuum Cleaner Guy and Twitchy Inexplicable Ponytail Guy. :lol

And I'm pretty sure Diego Luna isn't exactly a bargain at this point in his career. ;)

Lol ya but he is cheaper then those other 4 i cannot imagine would a show about Baze would be- you would kind of need Donny Chen then there goes their budget.

He was an unlikeable main character i just could not stand the guy at all, nothing against the actor though but its the only movie ive seen him in

He was supposed to be unlikeable though -- the potential traitor in their midst with a secret, murderous agenda.

That's one of the things I really liked about Cassian, plus his brutal opening. I just didn't like the casting choice. And I couldn't understand him half the time because he mutters. In my case, I liked the character fine; I didn't care for the casting.

Out of all the announced shows this one is going to be the most like the OT but with a more grown up / less fantastical edge to it (like the movie the character is from). Gilroy is writing it as well. Why are we all pretending that this isn’t going to be one of the better Star Wars shows that Disney is working on?

He was not unlikeable, to me he had the most interesting serious arc in the film. I think it was handled kinda clumsy.

Also felt the imperial pilot arc was excellent , but bungled also.

Imagine defecting to the rebels and ending up with Saw and Bo Gullet for your trouble but STILL sacrificing yourself for the cause???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[...] Also felt the imperial pilot arc was excellent , but bungled also.

Imagine defecting to the rebels and ending up with Saw and Bo Gullet for your trouble but STILL sacrificing yourself for the cause???

Yeah, the arc for that guy was excellent, actually, and I get the twitchiness was a combination of fear at first followed by fried nerves from Cthu -- Bor Gullet -- but nothing about him said "imperial" to me. Cargo pilot or not, what's with the long hair or did the Empire approve regulation man buns or something?

but nothing about him said "imperial" to me. Cargo pilot or not, what's with the long hair or did the Empire approve regulation man buns or something?

Yeah, I always had an issue with him, my least favorite character. I think Riz went way too far with him.

Looking forward to Disney's "The Pilot" though.

Out of all the announced shows this one is going to be the most like the OT but with a more grown up / less fantastical edge to it (like the movie the character is from). Gilroy is writing it as well. Why are we all pretending that this isn’t going to be one of the better Star Wars shows that Disney is working on?

100% agree.

IDK.. Of all the shows announced.. I am looking forward to this one the most.

He was not unlikeable, to me he had the most interesting serious arc in the film. I think it was handled kinda clumsy.

I found that I found him much more likable and interesting with repeat viewing..

Much like the rest of the characters in that film.

But he was the one that grew on me the most. I am all for this show.

It’s sad that this show has the best writers out of the new shows and they are being wasted with a boring forgettable character.

Could be the surprise best show of the group though... certainly has the least expectations around it, so almost anything they do could be a pleasant surprise.

And if it is indeed a spy show, that's always one of the best parts of any SW movie -- when the heroes have to sneak into the villain's base. Here's a whole show centered on that.

Back