Star Wars: Andor (September 21st, 2022)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are throwing out Jabba's Palace? Speeder Bikes zooming on Endor?

It also includes Ewok world. Something was always off for me about ROTJ. I just didn't want to admit it back in 1983. I see it more clearly now. ROTJ was just things from ANH and ESB but more of it; excess to the max for toys; Star Wars Greatest Hits.

Jabba's world was simply the SW Cantina on steroids. Jabba himself was a pretty cool design.

Speeder bikes are the one great vehicle design of ROTJ. Nothing else.

RO has a lot more designs that fit in and expand with what was old OT Star Wars.

It also includes Ewok world. Something was always off for me about ROTJ. I just didn't want to admit it back in 1983. I see it more clearly now. ROTJ was just things from ANH and ESB but more of it; excess to the max for toys; Star Wars Greatest Hits.

Jabba's world was simply the SW Cantina on steroids. Jabba himself was a pretty cool design.

RO has a lot more designs that fit in and expand with what was old OT Star Wars.

Well I'm not going to argue that it wasn't a Kenner advertisement but it was a pretty awesome one:)

There was plenty of stuff about RO that I disliked too. I would even argue that at least half the movie was pretty meh. There were some really great scenes though. I also felt there were a lot of design misses along with the hits. For example I personally really don't care for the Stormtroopers.

No argument, RO has its problems. Its about on par with ROTJ I suppose... I just prefer it now. If I was 12 again, I'd likely prefer ROTJ. But being older, I guess I like the dark edge to RO... darkest of all the Star Wars movies.

For every screwy design -- Bor Gullet -- RO offered something fresh or something that felt descendant of ANH/ESB.

It also offered another go at Tarkin and Vader and I just can't pass that up. My original Star Wars lizard brain must have, nom-nom-nom.

Well I'm not going to argue that it wasn't a Kenner advertisement but it was a pretty awesome one:)

There was plenty of stuff about RO that I disliked too. I would even argue that at least half the movie was pretty meh. There were some really great scenes though. I also felt there were a lot of design misses along with the hits. For example I personally really don't care for the Stormtroopers.

I know some people don't like the helmet design, but I personally prefer the more symmetrical nature of the stormtroopers as they are now. Yes there's some classic wonky troopers (i.e. Sand trooper) that hold a special nostalgic place, but I think I overall prefer the new design. Little details like the grips of the gloves really put it over the top imo. Only thing I miss from the old design is the holster.

Honestly, can't think of any designs I didn't really like. Maybe some of Saw's rebels were a bit to desert nomad looking and not enough star wars.

This will be out before Obi-Wans show so we'll likely get Obi-Wan from HT from both now!

Ewan will be wearing a good bit of age makeup to appear closer to Alec Guinness' age now. If R1 was right before ANH, this would be a handful of years before that.

Maybe they'll digitally overlay AG's face onto Ewan's lol.

I'm very curious how that will work. We're talking only a handful of days at most between Cassian dying on Scarif and AG Obi-Wan boarding the Death Star with Luke & Han. Maybe he appears during a flashback when a young Cassian is first recruited into the Rebel cause (sort of like the young Indy scenes in TLC)?

Me three agree!

Not since ANH/ESB has a Star Wars movie seemed so Star Warsy. (and yes, I did not include ROTJ)

It?s the only recent SW media that created a bunch of new characters that felt SW and were totally new.

Solo had a bunch but they fell flat to me.

Mando had been a recycle of OT, hardly anything new....and why was new was uninspired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not even the Tie Interceptor, A Wing, or B Wing! :monkey2
Aside the Falcon and X-Wing, some of my favorite ships are in ROTJ.

Agreed, I love all the ship designs of ROTJ in fact.

A-Wing
B-Wing
TIE Interceptor
Shuttle Tydirium
Sail Barge
Desert Skiff
Speeder Bike

Love 'em all, with the A-Wing, TIE Interceptor, and Speeder Bikes being absolutely top tier IMO.

How boring, let's talk about Gina! :rotfl

And have Darth Snoopy sweep in here and delete discussions.... maybe if we disguise the Gina talk as criminal license or drug scams or in nonsense Korean gibberish he won't notice and leave it all up.

And have Darth Snoopy sweep in here and delete discussions.... maybe if we disguise the Gina talk as criminal license or drug scams or in nonsense Korean gibberish he won't notice and leave it all up.

:rotfl right? who even falls for that crap still?

Anyways, guys can't talk about Gina right now. Gotta go pick up a a Nigerian prince from the airport and collect my share of his inheritance :panic:

How boring, let's talk about Gina! :rotfl

:lol :lol :lol

Let's see how many SW threads we can get closed. :yess:

Agreed, I love all the ship designs of ROTJ in fact.

A-Wing
B-Wing
TIE Interceptor
Shuttle Tydirium
Sail Barge
Desert Skiff
Speeder Bike

Love 'em all, with the A-Wing, TIE Interceptor, and Speeder Bikes being absolutely top tier IMO.

Yep! I agree about the ROTJ designs. The Imperial shuttle is actually my favorite from that list. Simple but awesome.

Back