Star Wars: Andor (September 21st, 2022)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Disney has no idea what they unleashed!

AFE0180B-F49A-462E-92F3-304CB62F36CA.jpg

:chase

Last edited:
Disney has no idea what they unleashed!

View attachment 508139

:chase

Well, Disney has a better idea of it now. At today's shareholder meeting, CEO Bob Chapek was directly asked about Disney's hypocrisy with Gina Carano being fired while Pedro Pascal wasn't. I wish I could've seen Chapek's face when that question was asked. :lol

He dodged it with a nonsense answer about how Disney is not a company that leans one way or the other politically. :rotfl

Absolutely hilarious! This ain't going anywhere anytime soon, is it? :lol

Nope. I'd just get more PMs complaining about the discussion.

Don't like the rules? PM Darklord Dave about them.

And that's generally what happens.

LOL

Considering how this place doesn’t even run correctly (no search, spammed with bots, trouble getting premium, etc...) I doubt I’d get a response.

Based on Snoopy's comments I would say it's safe to assume that people not even involved in relatively civil discourse are complaining about other people's conversations via PM. I can't imagine a more sad and pathetic way to waste one's time

I can already guess where those people lean too if they get TRIGGERED over it.

Well, Disney has a better idea of it now. At today's shareholder meeting, CEO Bob Chapek was directly asked about Disney's hypocrisy with Gina Carano being fired while Pedro Pascal wasn't. I wish I could've seen Chapek's face when that question was asked. :lol

He dodged it with a nonsense answer about how Disney is not a company that leans one way or the other politically. :rotfl

Yup. Saw that. Blatant lies by that hack. Disney is far left leaning and bends over for China.

Comicbookmovie:

Believe it or not, Disney CEO Bob Chapek was asked during The Walt Disney Company’s 2021 Annual Meeting of Shareholders whether there are plans to give Kennedy the boot and have Filoni step in.

"We’ve been absolutely thrilled that we can have the kind of talent in our company, the likes of Kathy Kennedy to run [Lucasfilm]," Chapek responded. "We look forward to having Kathy directing the activities of the entire Lucasfilm organization for many years to come."

The Disney CEO was also asked about Gina Carano being fired from The Mandalorian after what the studio previously described as "abhorrent" social media posts. There are some fans who have come to the former MMA fighter's defence, and Chapek was quick to point out that the studio isn't taking a political stance when asked if the actress was fired for being a conservative.

"I don’t really see Disney as left-leaning or right-leaning," he responded when some of Pedro Pascal's posts were mentioned for the sake of comparison. Chapek added that the studio stands "for values that are universal: respect, decency, integrity and inclusion, and we seek to have the content that we make reflective of the rich diversity of the world we live in. And I think that’s a world we should all live in harmony and peace."

Oooh... we're getting this thread locked too! :monkey3

Amazing, Disney even manages to cancel threads in obscure forums! :rotfl

But seriously, any news on this series? When does this start filming anyway?

It's pretty awesome that Chapek got embarrassed at a shareholders meeting and had to dodge a series of questions about Kennedy and Gina. They have started avoiding YouTube uploads because they continue to get down voted and commented into oblivion. I'm sure they are hoping for this to mellow out but Star Wars fans have been around a long time...

It's pretty awesome that Chapek got embarrassed at a shareholders meeting and had to dodge a series of questions about Kennedy and Gina. They have started avoiding YouTube uploads because they continue to get down voted and commented into oblivion. I'm sure they are hoping for this to mellow out but Star Wars fans have been around a long time...

Wish I had been there - or was a shareholder $$$$.

I'd have asked if they thought it was a good policy to initiate an action that LOST subscribers and caused a lot of ill will; where previously the situation had just been a small vocal minority blabbing on Twitter that should have been just igonored.

Far as I know Disney's stock is doing just fine; but Disney has other foul-ups like Mulan and looks like another one with the Cruella movie, so why go out of your way to pander when it's a strategy that keeps backfiring and losing money?

Dude that video is insane I watched it 4 x already I am crying lol

Big thanks for posting I had no idea that even existed yet it is super genius

Activate Snoke and build my mobility arm lol

That L3 ending just might be my favorite lol

Last edited:
I missed the news that Obi-Wan would show up in Andor. It makes sense, considering how the fanbase has reacted to Star Wars over the past few years.

Of course if it fails, it'll be blamed on Kathleen Kennedy, but if it succeeds it'll be because Tony Gilroy is such a great showrunner.

Back