Star Wars: Ahsoka

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Baylan’s goodbye to Shin really seemed to indicate whatever he is after is a one way trip. He doesn’t seem to plan on coming back. He may just be left on the planet and forgotten. I was thinking for a moment he knew he wasn’t going to beat Ahsoka this time but that wasn’t the case.

I’m glad they showed Thrawn’s strategizing this episode and that he’s concerned with the overall victory rather than the most current one. Should have lots of interesting revelations next week!

Episode was ok. A penultimate episode should have had more punch though. Needed a “whoa” moment with Baylan.

Ah well.

7/10
I enjoyed it overall. Some really nice character moments and there was quite a bit of action. What was missing was more crumbs about what Baylon is up to and the secret cargo that Thrawn is bringing back to the prime galaxy. I really hope episode 8 is minimum an hour long. They got a lot of explaining to do.

once again the meatbag stormtroopers or "night troopers" or whatever the *** they're calling themselves clearly doing jack **** against the protagonists besides just shooting moronically and end up dead.

I'm only here to see what cameos they parade around to make all the youtube "reactors" piss their pants with fake exaggerated joy.

This episode had a lot of that.

Star Wars.jpg

I hate this show.

[...]Very curious about ajp's take on Thrawn's strategy this episode. [...]
Just finished watching, but let's see if I've got the components of his strategy correct.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Did I get all of the details right? If so, wanna guess my evaluation of his plan in the context of him being a strategic genius? :lol

As expected we are being told Thrawn isa genius rather than being shown he is because the writers are not smart enough to write Sherlock Holmes. He is the Rebels Thrawn who will get outsmarted by the heroes easily. We need so.eone like Gilroy writing the character for the coming movie but that ain't happening.

Thought it was a pretty cool and intense episode, with some of the best lightsaber action I've seen in ages. And it was fun seeing Ezra kick all kinds of ass as well.

Unfortunately it's starting to seem more and more apparent that this is just a setup for the upcoming Mandoverse movie, and Thrawn will obviously make his way back to the main galaxy at the end. Which kinda takes a lot of the mystery and suspense away.

The red ribbons are cute.

Do you think they have them in their hair as a well?

vlcsnap-2023-09-27-08h04m35s769.jpg

In other news I heard there's going to be spin off series called The Book of Enoch... but it probably won't be canon. :monkey3

Last edited:
Has anyone heard Doomcock's latest wild fantasy about what's going on behind the scenes?

It's so hilarious that it's quite entertaining.

He says the plan is for something to happen in the Filoni-Ahsoka-Mandoverse that will reset everything. He's said this crap before, but this time he says that somehow the space whales and world between worlds is gonna suck everything into another galaxy, but the Force doesn't work there anymore. No more Force as we knew it. BUT....there's a NEW Force...and it's "magic." And it'll be taught by witches. And only women will be able to wield this new magic version of the Force, of course, so all the heroes and villains will be women and there won't be male Force users. The new Star Wars will be like a mix of Harry Potter and Disney Plus Willow.

I think the fumes from that guy's plastic helmet must be getting to him if he actually believes this. But I doubt he does. He just desperately needs to keep making up stuff that will outrage his viewers that he can blame on Kathleen Kennedy. Cause all of his other "scoops" from his "sources" all turned out to be so accurate, after all.

Still. I have to admit I laughed.

Has anyone heard Doomcock's latest wild fantasy about what's going on behind the scenes?

It's so hilarious that it's quite entertaining.

He says the plan is for something to happen in the Filoni-Ahsoka-Mandoverse that will reset everything. He's said this crap before, but this time he says that somehow the space whales and world between worlds is gonna suck everything into another galaxy, but the Force doesn't work there anymore. No more Force as we knew it. BUT....there's a NEW Force...and it's "magic." And it'll be taught by witches. And only women will be able to wield this new magic version of the Force, of course, so all the heroes and villains will be women and there won't be male Force users. The new Star Wars will be like a mix of Harry Potter and Disney Plus Willow.

I think the fumes from that guy's plastic helmet must be getting to him if he actually believes this. But I doubt he does. He just desperately needs to keep making up stuff that will outrage his viewers that he can blame on Kathleen Kennedy. Cause all of his other "scoops" from his "sources" all turned out to be so accurate, after all.

Still. I have to admit I laughed.
Lol didn’t we all agree that he was khev’s alter ego? 😂. But what sources does this guy have I wonder he can’t possibly believe that crap

That goon is cringe to watch. I don't get how he became so popular. He had what one legitimate leak at the begining? And ever since has been spouting nonsense. I almost conspiratorially think he is paid opposition from Disney just to make any anti-Disney folk look crazy.

Baylan’s goodbye to Shin really seemed to indicate whatever he is after is a one way trip. He doesn’t seem to plan on coming back.
Y’know I actually was really not fond of that scene because I thought it came a bit too quickly for my liking, but if Baylan is on what he believes to be a suicide mission, then in his mind he’s potentially saving Shin. I like that reading of the scene far more than anything else, and it’s definitely plausible from the way Stevenson looks almost sorrowed by the events. My fear on watching that scene was that they were going completely into the trope that the ‘almost Sith Master sees the apprentice as expendable for his own gain’, but I can buy your interpretation for sure. I think it works far more with their characters that we’ve seen so far.

Ultimately, it all depends on what that power he seeks is. It’s the mystery box that’s tying the most important threads, to me, in this story together. They can’t fail on that reveal and its implications. These two characters will be successes or failures based upon that.

I do like where Baylan’s abandonment places Shin in this story, it requires her to decide for herself. You see how broken that abandonment leaves her when Ahsoka offers her hand. She doesn’t have anyone to look to for purpose, for how she should react. I like that, it’s going to lead to a lot of growth for her character. I think their dynamic is kind of similar to overprotective homeschooling parents, and then getting thrown into the world after graduating. Where Shin goes from here is going to be up to her and I’m excited for the prospects of that. I hope they don’t waste it.

With the way they both took off with extremely open-ended ‘cliffhangers’, I do wonder if that’s the last we’ll see of them this season. Really hope it isn’t, but I do like where they’re placed for the future. However, the Ray Stevenson passing is the elephant in the room that leaves me devastated, because this so obviously is not some small one off character. And this is so his character. He brings so much weight to this performance. They will be massive shoes to fill.

I will say, some tease to what power Baylan is searching for feels necessary before the season ends. Otherwise, I’ll be left to wonder if JJ Abrams stepped in at the 11th hour to add this subplot.

The red ribbons are cute.

Do you think they have them in their hair as a well?

View attachment 665082

In other news I heard there's going to be spin off series called The Book of Enoch... but it probably won't be canon. :monkey3

Hey, those are enchanted ribbons made from the robes of dark magic witches. They are NOT “cute”!!!

Just finished watching, but let's see if I've got the components of his strategy correct.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Did I get all of the details right? If so, wanna guess my evaluation of his plan in the context of him being a strategic genius? :lol

It appears that you have the same opinion of Thrawn as did Morgan Elsbeth. Afterwards she definitely had that “This is the evil genius that I used to work for?” look on her face lol. But I do think if he’d have done nothing at all that Ahsoka would have found her friends and turned her attention to his scheme more quickly, so as time is the resource he’s using to evaluate the encounter’s success I’m willing to believe (for now) that he ran the numbers on the various available options. His primary objective is getting back to their galaxy with his secret stash and he's doing what he can to maximize the probability of that occurring.

Getting back to Elsbeth, I did find it curious that after Thrawn told her to "destroy with impunity any space whale that approaches the planet" (paraphrasing) at the end of last week's episode that they were only met by a mine field, but then later the Ring of Sion displayed significantly more firepower when firing on Ahsoka in the debris field. Seems like the Ring would have been the better choice for the whales but then again maybe Thrawn didn't want to risk potential damage to his ride home.

Back