Star Wars: Ahsoka

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha, I'm only on the second episode of this. And I dont care that I'm late.

episode 2:

-Ahsoka goes to Sabine's place, yet neglects to feed her obviously-hungry tooka. WTH Ahsoka?! Give it some food!

- Sabine is in the hospital. Wow. I didnt think we did hospitals much in the SW universe. But there she is, with a robot head that everyone warns her not to overheat, and what does she do? Lets it overheat. NO ONE TELLS HER WHAT TO DO! That Sabine is a real edgy edgelord, lemme tell ya. I am amazed she does not have a can of spraypaint in her room so she can tag stuff up. :rolleyes:

- Baylan and Shin go to Stonehenge with Morgan and their little round MacGuffin. Cue cool starmap stuff etc etc everyone looks very cool. Shin keeps her mouth shut and you know what? Its very becoming for an apprentice. She is there to assist her Master, not disobey everything he says. I can respect it.

- More ppl talking and talking and TALKING. Not unlike a bored droid, I turn myself off and enter Sleep mode.

-What does Ahsoka DO in this other than give ppl disapproving looks? I mean, I really cant blame her. I'd be giving Sabine side-eye too.

-Is freaking Ezra Bridger worth all this angst? Is he really?! I say leave him over in the other galaxy and enjoy the peace.

-Still asleep.

-BOOM I wake back up. The end credits are rolling. They are cool, extra-galactic end credits.

..... Does this get more interesting soon, or am I in the middle of a Jedi trial and I didnt know it?

episode 2:

-Ahsoka goes to Sabine's place, yet neglects to feed her obviously-hungry tooka. WTH Ahsoka?! Give it some food!

- Sabine is in the hospital. Wow. I didnt think we did hospitals much in the SW universe. But there she is, with a robot head that everyone warns her not to overheat, and what does she do? Lets it overheat. NO ONE TELLS HER WHAT TO DO! That Sabine is a real edgy edgelord, lemme tell ya. I am amazed she does not have a can of spraypaint in her room so she can tag stuff up. :rolleyes:

- Baylan and Shin go to Stonehenge with Morgan and their little round MacGuffin. Cue cool starmap stuff etc etc everyone looks very cool. Shin keeps her mouth shut and you know what? Its very becoming for an apprentice. She is there to assist her Master, not disobey everything he says. I can respect it.

- More ppl talking and talking and TALKING. Not unlike a bored droid, I turn myself off and enter Sleep mode.

-What does Ahsoka DO in this other than give ppl disapproving looks? I mean, I really cant blame her. I'd be giving Sabine side-eye too.

-Is freaking Ezra Bridger worth all this angst? Is he really?! I say leave him over in the other galaxy and enjoy the peace.

-Still asleep.

-BOOM I wake back up. The end credits are rolling. They are cool, extra-galactic end credits.

..... Does this get more interesting soon, or am I in the middle of a Jedi trial and I didnt know it?

So far, most are quite satisfied with this series.. but it's too soon to say, there is 2 episode left. There's still a chance for Disney to screw everything. Thrawn, Shin, Baylan... Let's see 😂

episode 2:

They've made it pretty clear that the priority in almost everyone's mind was finding and stopping Thrawn and preventing another Galactic Civil War, finding Ezra was a bonus of going to that Galaxy.

This is further confirmed when they learn that Morgan, Baylan, and Shin have the map, and the priority then shifts to destroying the map.

episode 2:

-Still asleep.

I really struggled with the first 2 episodes too. Quite dull.
The 3rd is a leave your brain at the door episode.
The 4th is decent enough but it's an action episode so not much to say about it. The 5th is pretty good as far the D+ episodes go. It's better than what we got with Kenobi, BoBF or Mando season 3.
Fans of the PT or TCW will get more out of it.

Somehow, Palpa.....
I cant wait to see heads explode when because they are absolutely going to start tying things to the ST.....

How can anyone think they would not?

And if it is a cool plot and explanation who cares?

Last edited:
I cant wait to see heads explode when because they are absolutely going tk start thing things to the ST.....

How can anyone think they would not?

And if it is a cool plot and explanation who cares?
I would hope more for it to look like like it will all tie in then suddenly there is a major left turn and we enter uncharted waters, where anything is possible, including a new even better sequel trilogy, leaving the Disney trilogy to alt timeline, "what if?" Legends status non canon. I doubt Disney will do that despite it being the smart move simply because it would require them to admit failure. Big no no in Hollyweird.

I would hope more for it to look like like it will all tie in then suddenly there is a major left turn and we enter uncharted waters, where anything is possible, including a new even better sequel trilogy, leaving the Disney trilogy to alt timeline, "what if?" Legends status non canon. I doubt Disney will do that despite it being the smart move simply because it would require them to admit failure. Big no no in Hollyweird.
WB essentially admitted failure by completely rebooting the DCU and canning everything Snyder related. Star Wars could happily take the world between worlds route to a soft reboot

It's too bad we already know that Filoni's big tie-in movie is on the horizon to (presumably) bring everyone together to battle Thrawn and his Imperial loyalists. I think it'd be cool if they just stay in this distant galaxy and basically explore an alternate Star Wars without an alternate timeline. It would mean leaving Hera & Chopper behind but Ahsoka & company could sabotage the Eye of Scion to prevent Thrawn from getting back (after he kills the pod of Purrgils upon their arrival). They could introduce new worlds & species, with some aligning with Thrawn & some the good guys, and while that was going on we could also see what Baylan was seeking. Heck, they could introduce a new threat worse than Thrawn and he & Ahsoka could be forced to form an alliance. So many possibilities...

It's too bad we already know that Filoni's big tie-in movie is on the horizon to (presumably) bring everyone together to battle Thrawn and his Imperial loyalists. I think it'd be cool if they just stay in this distant galaxy and basically explore an alternate Star Wars without an alternate timeline. It would mean leaving Hera & Chopper behind but Ahsoka & company could sabotage the Eye of Scion to prevent Thrawn from getting back (after he kills the pod of Purrgils upon their arrival). They could introduce new worlds & species, with some aligning with Thrawn & some the good guys, and while that was going on we could also see what Baylan was seeking. Heck, they could introduce a new threat worse than Thrawn and he & Ahsoka could be forced to form an alliance. So many possibilities...
That movie could kick off a new sequel trilogy that replaces the current one (wishful thinking I know) but nothing yet proves will tie into the disney trilogy so I hope against hope

I think it's already been discussed, but personally no movie/show can save the ST for me, no matter how good.

The major issue with the ST is all the things that they have shown us explicitly in the movie, and therefore cannot be improved or changed;

• Palpatine returning and thus ruining Anakin's character arc (and the whole point of the first 6 movies).
  • Luke's horrendous 180 degree spin on his whole journey from IV-VI and becoming a disillusioned hermit.
  • Han becoming a dead beat Dad and reverting to being a smuggler.
  • Leia never becoming a Jedi (despite everything in IV-VI pointing to that).
  • Space Mary Poppins.
  • The entire feeling if it being a remake of IV-VI.
  • The Marvel-style humour that is completely in contrast to any Star Wars media that came before it.
  • Finn.
  • Rey.

I could go on. These are all things that are intrinsic to the ST and nothing can be done to provide any context or justification, in my humble opinion.

Now they may begin to start tying things into the ST and provide some kind of explanation for why the ST is the way that it is. But I am hoping that there will soon come a suitable jumping off point for the story (perhaps Filoni's movie) where people such as myself who don't consider the ST canon can effectively draw a line under the story and say it's "done". No loose ends, nothing left hanging. Then there can be further media for those who enjoy the ST and would like that era further explored.

Essentially, the same way that the end of ROTJ can be an ending for anybody who perhaps doesn't enjoy any of the stories set in the post-ROTJ era (The Mandalorian, The Book of Boba Fett, Ahsoka, etc.). If you so desired, you could finish ROTJ and have the story end there because it provides a simple ending with no glaring questions; the Death Star was destroyed, the Rebels won, Anakin came back to the light. Done.

Everything set immediately after that but before the ST is enjoyable (to me), but not essential or critical to anyone who doesn't watch it. I include it in my canon, but there are no story problems if people don't.

Last edited:
I dont think Thrawn's army are Zombies. Given how weathered and beaten their armor is. They've repaired, replaced and customized it over the years. Note how weathered Thrawn's own uniform is and also his Star Destroyer, painted belly and Gold accented repairs to the top deck. Thrawn's whole outfit looks more imperial that anything Palpatine ever concieved of. There must be a lot of Gold on Peridea. What might be in the suspiciously coffin shaped cargo they're loading, three days of it, very very carefully I might add, is another thing all together.

I think it's already been discussed, but personally no movie/show can save the ST for me, no matter how good.

The major issue with the ST is all the things that they have shown us explicitly in the movie, and therefore cannot be improved or changed;

• Palpatine returning and thus ruining Anakin's character arc (and the whole point of the first 6 movies).
  • Luke's horrendous 180 degree spin on his whole journey from IV-VI and becoming a disillusioned hermit.
  • Han becoming a dead beat Dad and reverting to being a smuggler.
  • Leia never becoming a Jedi (despite everything in IV-VI pointing to that).
  • Space Mary Poppins.
  • The entire feeling if it being a remake of IV-VI.
  • The Marvel-style humour that is completely in contrast to any Star Wars media that came before it.
  • Finn.
  • Rey.

I could go on. These are all things that are intrinsic to the ST and nothing can be done to provide any context or justification, in my humble opinion.

No they may begin to start tying things into the ST and provide some kind of explanation for why the ST is the way that it is. But I am hoping that there will soon come a suitable jumping off point for the story (perhaps Filoni's movie) where people such as myself who don't consider the ST canon can effectively draw a line under the story and say it's "done". No loose ends, nothing left hanging. Then there can be further media for those who enjoy the ST and would like that era further explored.

Essentially, the same way that the end of ROTJ can be an ending for anybody who perhaps doesn't enjoy any of the stories set in the post-ROTJ era (The Mandalorian, The Book of Boba Fett, Ahsoka, etc.). If you so desired, you could finish ROTJ and have the story end there because it provides a simple ending with no glaring questions; the Death Star was destroyed, the Rebels won, Anakin came back to the light. Done.

Everything set immediately after that but before the ST is enjoyable (to me), but not essential or critical to anyone who doesn't watch it. I include it in my canon, but there are no story problems if people don't.
Yea pretty much. I don’t think there is any saving it for anyone and me. The story and writing is just awful, the characters aren’t interesting and it just wasn’t good. It’s telling when all these shows try their best to avoid any st connection at all. The interest isn’t there. And it seems like they could go on a different direction with Ezra and the others.

Money matters more then admitting failure and the ST doesn’t sell. These shows with no ST connection and things that came before do. These toys are what’s important and merch and if that ain’t selling then they won’t hesitate to do even a full reboot.

They've made it pretty clear that the priority in almost everyone's mind was finding and stopping Thrawn and preventing another Galactic Civil War, finding Ezra was a bonus of going to that Galaxy.

This is further confirmed when they learn that Morgan, Baylan, and Shin have the map, and the priority then shifts to destroying the map.

I actually do know that, I was being snarky in my earlier post. But yet again, the plot makes little sense.

-Cool, our big-bad is 187,000 light years away. Let's hope he stays there and we never see him again. Good job. He won't be starting any wars with us like that, for sure.

-Our big-bad is 187,000 light years away. How do we get his attention!!!?? We have got to go over there and *get* his attention!! Let's continually try to poke that bear!

🤷‍♀️

IMG_5791.jpeg
IMG_5789.jpeg
IMG_5790.jpeg
IMG_5788.jpeg

Back